Vierunddreißig (34)

Some Things Never Change

Chaeyoung didn't want to use Mina's private jet to go back to Seoul and Mina respected that. Truth be told, Mina herself still didn't know what to say to Chaeyoung. She felt that both of them deserved the space they needed. She couldn't wait to meet Nayeon to ask for her advice.

First day of college after their break finally came. Chaeyoung, who was usually full of energy, became lethargic. He looked like a zombie, while walking to the seminar room. Tzuyu, of course, noticed that immediately.

"What's with you?" Tzuyu asked.

"Me and Mina are over." Chaeyoung replied in monotone.

"What? What happened?" Tzuyu asked.

"Jimin happened." Chaeyoung replied. "Not his fault though, not anyone's fault."

"She asked to break up with you to be with Jimin?" Tzuyu asked.

"No, I broke up with her so she could be with Jimin." Chaeyoung clarified. 

"She cheated on you?" Tzuyu asked again.

"Nah, but she likes him for sure." Chaeyoung explained.

"Dude, I thought, we were clear. Their chemistry was just about dancing, nothing more." Tzuyu argued.

"Then, why didn't she deny it when I confronted her about it?" Chaeyoung asked.

Tzuyu became speechless. Chaeyoung chuckled dryly.

"That's what I thought." Chaeyoung retorted.

 


Meanwhile, during break time in Mina's campus.

"Unnie, can we please have a sleepover?" Mina asked.

Momo and Nayeon were confused.

"That's so unlike you." Nayeon commented,

"I know, I just really need some advice." Mina replied.

Nayeon and Momo shrugged. Jimin sat on their table with a huge grin. He tried to hide his happiness, but it was a bit hard with the news that he got.

"And what's with you?" Momo asked, referring to Jimin.

"Oh, um, I, well, I just wanted to let Mina know." He stuttered. He fixed his expression into a more serious expression.

"Mina, I just want you to know, that I'm here for you, if you need me." Jimin remarked, facing Mina.

"What? Why? What happened to Mina?" Nayeon asked.

Mina sighed.

"I broke up with Chaeyoung."

"WHAT?" Nayeon and Momo harmoniously screamed.

Mina sighed.

"What happened?" Nayeon asked.

"Can I talk about it later?" Mina asked.

"Alright, but you have to provide details.

Mina nodded.


As soon as Nayeon, Momo and Mina arrived at the Mansion. They quickly jumped to the interrogation. Mina told them about everything.

"So, basically, I want to be with Chaeyoung and even envision a future with him, but I don't know. I don't feel the spark with him, but I feel it with Jimin, the thing is, I can't really imagine a future with Jimin and I'm just confused. Who should I choose? Jimin or Chaeyoung?" Mina concluded.

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"That's so weird. For me, I feel the spark and can envision a future with Jeongyeon." Nayeon commented.

Mina sighed.

"Then, what should I do? This is confusing. You guys saw Jimin, He looked so happy. I bet, he thinks he has a chance with me and I don't wanna lead him on...." Mina trailed.

"I already led Chaeyoung on." She whimpered.

"If I were you, I personally would choose Jimin, because like, maybe you can't envision a future with him now, but soon enough, you will be able to. It takes time usually until you can envision a future with someone." Nayeon remarked.

"For me, I would choose Chaeyoung. To me, you seem happy enough with Chaeyoung and also, at the end of the day, dating leads to marriage, as in the end goal is marriage. I would say those sparks don't really matter much in a relationship." Momo butted in.

"Momo has a point, to be honest, but there must be a problem, if Chaeyoung initiated a break up and how did he know that you like Jimin anyway? I think there's a problem in your relationship with Chaeyoung, Mina. Problems among couple are actually pretty common. You just need to find a way to solve it." Nayeon agreed.

"Problem? What could it be? He's never told me about anything. Though he was pretty cranky for some time and that was because he was stressed about his exams." Mina recalled.

"It can't be. He wouldn't ask for a breakup if that's really the case. Think, Mina! How could he know that you have feelings for Jimin? What could indicate that?" Nayeon reasoned.

Mina started thinking.

"Is it because of the dance?" Mina asked, still confused.

Nayeon sighed.

"I'll ask Jeongyeon. Chaeyoung must've talked to Jeongyeon somehow, cause they're close." Nayeon retorted.

"Thank you, Unnie." Mina chirped.

"No problem." Nayeon casually answered.

 


Meanwhile in a private room in a bar, Jeongyeon is busy scolding Chaeyoung. Tzuyu was there too.

"I told you! I told you! I told you that you can't let her do whatever she wants or the relationship won't last! Look what happened! Barely one month and your relationship fell off!" Jeongyeon scolded.

"Don't be so harsh to Chaeyoung. He's miserable enough." Tzuyu protested.

Jeongyeon ignored that.

"Mina has to understand that you're her boyfriend and of course you'll feel jealous if she treats another guy better than you." Jeongyeon added.

"Almost as if it's the point? Mina likes Jimin. I was just too blinded by love that I didn't realize that..." Chaeyoung trailed.

"She doesn't like me." Chaeyoung continued in a small voice.

"Then why did she say yes? She should've rejected you if she didn't feel the same way. Instead, she led you on, Chaeyoung! Made you feel like she liked you back, when in fact she didn't. She played with your feeling, Chaeyoung!" Jeongyeon harshly argued.

"No, no, she-" Chaeyoung tried to defend.

"Are you still going to try to defend her?" Jeongyeon badgered.

"You know what? At first I supported you with her, because she's my girlfriend's bestfriend, but now, I don't think she's the right one for you! I'll help you move on and introduce other girls for you! I want you to be with a girl that treats you right. A girl that will not play with your feelings and  girl that understands you." Jeongyeon lectured.

Chaeyoung sighed. Other girls? Well, he knew he had to move on somehow. Now that Mina would go to Jimin, he certainly had to move on, but would he really be able to love another person? Mina was the only girl he had ever loved so far