Chapter 20: The Job

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Annyeong haseyo!", we all greeted the staff with a smile.


"Is it just me but Mina seems to be looking at us.", Jeongyeon went to my side.


"And what's wrong with that?", I asked her.


"You know."


"Momo-ya.", while preparing, Jihyo called her attention. "Where did you went last night with Nayeon and Jeongyeon unnie? I saw the 3 of you together in the car."


"E-eh?", I hope Momo won't be stupid in this situation. "We went to a cafe!"


"Yah! Why wasn't I asked out?", Sana moped around.


"Is that so?", Jihyo nodded.


"Why did Jihyo asked Momo instead of us?", Jeongyeon whispered it with a husky voice. "I think Jihyo doesn't believe the two of us much this time."


"You bet."


"How about you, Mina?", Jihyo asked Mina this time making us look at her.


"Strolling on the streets.", Mina responded without a doubt.


"I hope you won't be alone when you went out next time, Mina.", of course, Jihyo would mind. "I know you always prefer to go out alone, but if possible, please go with someone."

 

 


The staff worked out everything on our bodies. Just as what Jeongyeon had said, Mina was truly looking at us and would avoid every time we glance back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the night fell, it's obvious that we are going to head out again to Y/N's place. We just went out the door but we saw someone standing like she was waiting for someone.

 


"Oh. Minari~ were you waiting for someone?", Momo immediately clings on her.


"Yes."


"Who were you waiting for?", Jeongyeon tried to make a minute conversation.


"All of you.", her eyes went dull when she said that.


"What? Us? Why were you waiting for us?", Momo let go of her arms.


"Jihyo asked me this morning to go out with somebody.", her hands were fiddling inside the pocket of her pants. "Since y'all are heading out, I think it's best to join you. Unless you have somewhere to be in a secretive way?"

 


Everyone was cold dead serious with what Mina said. Jeongyeon looked at me. Momo looked at me. Mina was looking at me.

 


"Sure.", I waved at them to get inside the car.


"But Nayeon unnie, aren't we going to-", Jeongyeon and I looked at Momo. "Yes, we are going to the park."

 

 


"Don't take this the wrong way, I'd like to ask where is your doll?", Mina dared to speak when we are already inside the vehicle. "I haven't seen her for a long time."


"Let's just say a kid borrowed it from me. Kids need that kind of stuff than me, so why not?"


"Ahh. Is that so?", she went soundless for a moment then spoke too soon. "Where do you guys plan to go?"


"Park?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The car parked on the proper parking lot. Everybody went outside to see the people doing a lot of things in this park.

 


"Cringe. Filled with couples.", Jeongyeon shivered with what she's seeing right now.


"I did not expect for us to go here in the park.", Mina wasn't impressed.


"We need fresh air.", I smiled and winked at Momo.


"Y-yeah!"

 


Walking around the park is not much fun especially when this isn't what we planned. I'd rather have the usual thing.

 


"It's almost midnight.", the wristwatch alarmed me. "I guess it's enough for the day. Shall we head back then?"

 


Momo and Jeongyeon were disappointed because it's not what we had in mind. The three of us were worried but now is not the best time.

 


"Wait.", Mina needed to share something. "We don't have a schedule for tomorrow. Why don't we go somewhere? I know a place that has good cuisine. Haven't yet tried there so I really wanted to taste their food."


"Foods?", Momo can't be withdrawn when it comes to that.


"Where is it located then?"


"Let me bring you. I hope I can make you satisfied."

 


You just ruined our plan. How could we be happy? I haven't seen her face the whole day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Welcome!", a girl with glasses who looked like a foreigner opened the door for us. "Yah! Y/N! Come here and serve them!"

 


The mention of her name made me stop moving. Only my eyes were moving as I looked to Momo and then to Jeongyeon. We have the same faces.

 


"Wow! We have 4 customers! It's the first time that we exceeded 2 customers in time!" if we aren't wrong who's voice is coming towards us. "Hello! May I take your order?"

 


Only Mina turned around to face the one who is serving us. The three of us covered our faces very well.

 


"What's your bestseller here?", Mina asked her.


"I think everything here is a bestseller!", how could you be full of yourself? "Grandma cooks very well."


"How could we pick from the choices if you are gonna suggest everything?", don't pick up a fight with her, Mina.


"Then, why don't you order everything? By the looks of it, you look like you could spend everything! You have a lot of money!"

 


Mina placed her hands on the table as she was really shocked by how Y/N approached her. Jeongyeon, Momo, and I were about to laugh hysterically but we can't do so. If Y/N finds out we are here, that would cause distress to her.

 


"Yah! Y/N! What are you trying to do? I know you needed money that much, but that's not how you approach our customers!", the girl grabbed Y/N away from our view. "I'm sorry about that, ma'am. She's just a newbie"

 


Money? Why does she need money? Is there something she would like to buy? Why didn't she ask me instead? She didn't have to work.

 


"No.", Mina smiled and grabbed Y/N's hand. "It doesn't matter. You did not have to reprimand her. She was honest about that though. She's good at promoting your business."


"Huh? How is she right?"


"Momo-ya, you'd like to order everything, don't you?", Mina just made all of us cough. "Eh? What's happening to you?"


"Y/N, get them water! Hurry!", Erika commanded Y/N who was also confused. "And don't let grandma come out from the kitchen! These people might have the virus!"

 


That girl's mouth is really the wickedest when it comes to whispering. I really want to leave this place! This is the worst place!

 


"What about you, Nayeon and Jeongyeon unnie?", I swear Mina is the worst this time. "What would you like?"

 


It was that time that she placed the water in front of us. The water is moving like there was an earthquake that happened or maybe it was just my nervousness that caused the water to shake like that.

 


"Mina, just order a lot! Let's just share it!", the wind was all that Momo could get out from .


"I thought I was the silent one here. Why are you letting me order? Why can't you order for yourselves?"


"I am waiting.", Y/N knows, Y/N pretends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We ordered a lot though it's midnight. I also ordered soju because I want to neglect this moment. This ain't working. While the others were busy eating, I excused myself. There she is. I grabbed her towards the comfort room.

 


"What do you think you're doing?", I asked her as wrinkles formed on my forehead. "Did you need something? Why didn't you tell me beforehand? You did not have to work!"


"The job fits me, Nayeon.", she was being boastful. "I'd like to do something I've never done before especially when I just saw my face in the mirror last time. I didn't know that I'm already an adult."


"Huh?", that made me think what she meant by that. "What do you mean by that?"


"You!", she suddenly sulked. "Did you guys follow me here? How did you know about my working place?"


"Calm down! I get it! It wasn't us who planned to go here."


"Then, who?", we were talking until someone went inside and spoke out.


"I didn't know that the two of you knew each other?"