CHAPTER 54

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

163277dc0cb929f3297604876109.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

After the ceremony, Nayeon couldn't really break away from her friends she wanted to run to Jeongyeon but it wasn't right to leave her classmates there. So by the time that it was just her and her family, everyone else was already gone including the taller girl.

NAYEON'S MOM : "Go :)"

NY : "Huh?"

NAYEON'S DAD : "You want to see her right? You're mom, Seoyeon, and I will go first, the Yoos' are already waiting for us outside. We'll see you two after you talk."

NM : "Don't worry about us, we loved how she confessed and didn't really care about the dean hahaha."

NY : "Thank you Mom, Dad..."

Nayeon starts to look for the taller girl, she went to the stage where the rest of the faculty are. The dean told her that she left a while ago and went through the back door and Nayeon tried to follow her but she didn't see anyone. Then, all of a sudden Jeongyeon's favorite song blasted from the university's overhead speakers, as if the taller girl is intentionally making her cry.

She sat down on a bench, she was in the midst of losing it when the ones she relied on for the past four years came to save her once again.

JN : "We came all the way here to celebrate and here you are looking devastated."

JH : "When did you learn to give up?"

TY : "Don't tell me you've waited 4 years just to crumble down like that."

SN :        

SN : "Stop it Tzu, it's been almost 5 years at least we can finally say that she's a human."

MM : "Agree sorry to say this but we're glad to see you cry."

JS : "We've never seen you cry since she left. All you did was tell us you're fine."

RS : "But even if you didn't say it, we all knew you're having a hard time."

NY : "Ji... The song.. It's Jeong right???" 

As of this moment she didn't care if everyone sees her like this, the tears are the last thing on her mind. The only thing she wants is to find the taller girl.

JH : "Yeah we know, she paid the one in charge for the afternoon announcement. So you'll hear it over and over until your ears start bleeding hahaha."

MN : "That pabo has too much in my mind, I wonder what she would look like when you find her."

NY : "Where is she?" *Hicks*

JN : "She run off with another girl."

LS : "Unnie!"

JN : "What? Who would be dumb enough to believe that, after she suddenly confessed in that crowd?"

TY : "Who do you think is dense enough to believe that?" She said sarcastically.

DH :

DH : "Okay, stop teasing her, what do you think unnie? You know her, she's the type to do the most bizarre thing"

MN : "Oh come on stop making her figure things out, she's losing it. Just tell her where that pabo is."

CY : "I still stand with what I said before, you two should just talk about your schedule instead of sneaking around each other."

JH : "She's in the science building, rooftop, she said she wants some fresh air. The girls and I will go straight to your party, we'll see you two there. Go she's waiting for you :)"

Nayeon didn't waste another minute she runs as fast as she could, leaving everyone without a single word. She didn't even know that she could run this fast. 

The thought of Jeongyeon waiting for her was enough to make her fly.

The moment she burst out of the door, she found no one. Knowing the taller girl, she could've been hiding in the smallest corner here. She started to look around and then found Jeongyeon in her suit sitting on the floor head press against the wall, sleeping and suddenly all she could see was the 16-year-old Jeongyeon in her high school uniform and leather jacket.

She started to look around and then found Jeongyeon in her suit sitting on the floor head press against the wall, sleeping and suddenly all she could see was the 16-year-old Jeongyeon in her high school uniform and leather jacket

It's like everything happened yesterday like it hasn't been 4 years since the taller girl left. Nayeon's bawling right now, she didn't care, didn't even try to conceal the ugly sobs she had.

How could she stop the tears when the one she let go is right in front of her?

Yoo Jeongyeon has finally found her way back to Im Nayeon.

And though she wanted to be all sweet and romantic, she's still Im Nayeon        

And though she wanted to be all sweet and romantic, she's still Im Nayeon. So instead of gentle taps to wake up Jeongyeon, she threw her diploma to the sleeping girl.

JY : "Ouch."

NY : "Pabo!"

JY : "Uhm nice to see you too?" She said as she pick Nayeon's diploma and stood up.

NY : "I hate you! What do you think you're doing here?!"

JY : "Number 10 right? You want someone who's gonna be proud and would tell the world how much she loves you. Besides I made a promise to you." She walked closer to her.

NY : "Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!"

She said as she hit Jeongyeon's chest repeatedly and the taller girl  just let her be, she knew it's all because of her. It was her fault for not coming back sooner than this, she deserves this In fact, this is not even enough for the 4 years she disappeared.

NY : "Pabo... You didn't have to follow those ten things...."

JY : "I know, I'm sorry. It was stupid of me to just run away." She said as she hugs Nayeon and gently taps her head.

NY : "Is that all!? Is that the best excuse you have!? Where have you been after you graduate?!"

Nayeon felt Jeongyeon letting her go, all of a sudden the warmth that was embracing her was replaced with this cold breeze pouncing in her skin. She didn't want to open her eyes in fear that the taller girl have gave up and left, she thought maybe she was too harsh, Jeongyeon just came back and instead of welcoming her, she acted like a kid.

Finally, Nayeon calmed down, she was hoping that the moment she opened her eyes Jeongyeon is still there. That this time, Jeongyeon is the one waiting for her but what she saw was more than what she's hoping for,

Yoo Jeongyeon was in her knees holding a ring, a toy ring.

Yoo Jeongyeon was in her knees holding a ring, a toy ring        

JY : "Marry me?" She looked into the older girl's eyes.

NY : "Are you for real Yoo Jeongyeon? A toy ring?"

JY : "I wouldn't be kneeling on the ground if I wasn't, besides I didn't have the time to buy a proper ring when I realized I didn't want to be apart from you anymore. So I bought this ring it comes with a candy :)" She said as she pulled the candy out of her pocket.

So I bought this ring it comes with a candy :)

Nayeon, who's still in tears just looked at her. She wants to laugh, the 3rd most successful young adult of 2019 couldn't even buy a proper ring. This is when she realized that she didn't have to hear long explanations, all she need was Yoo Jeongyeon.

JY : "I know all of this is sudden, we're still young, you're 22 I'm 21 but I can't live without you anymore. I had enough time being apart from you and honestly, I didn't like it. It's the worst thing I ever had to experience, I felt I was dying."

"I love it better when you are around nagging me or just simply being next to me. I'll buy a proper ring tomorrow and we don't need to rush anything. We can get married next year or even after 2 years, whenever you feel like it. I'm just taking all my chances, all the risk I can."

NY : "You won't even ask me to be your girlfriend?"

JY : "Nabong.... You're more than that, you're my life."

NY : "You haven't even answered my question."

JY : "I had to do things before I come back."

NY : "What is it? Stand up and we'll talk about this."

JY : "I'll show you later. I'm not going to stand until you answer my question."

NY : "How are you still stubborn after all these years????"

JY : "Will you marry me Im Nayeon?"

NY : "If I say no would you accept it?" She starts crying harder.

JY : "I....."

 The taller girl was ready to accept it, she's been gone four years and maybe, Nayeon grew tired of waiting for her. She loves Nayeon but she doesn't want to force herself to her.

NY : "Pabo, if you're gonna be stubborn, be one. You're Yoo Jeongyeon, you don't take no for an answer."

JY :

JY : "Is that a yes? Will you marry me?"

NY : "Of course, I will marry you!"

Jeongyeon put the toy ring in her finger and stood up to hug the older girl. The tears haven't stopped but she was glad she's finally in Jeongyeon's arms.

JY : "Stop crying Nabong, sorry for being late." She said as she takes her face closer until she feels Nayeon's soft lips pressed against her.

Their first kiss was made over 5 years, it was sweet and majestic, they both knew that the wait was worth it.

NY : "You better tell my mom and dad about this."

JY : "No worries, I already asked everyone's permission."

NY : "Wait you had the time to ask them and not to buy a proper ring?"

JY : "Everything just happened all of a sudden, why do you think I was late? Besides it looks good on you, I promise to replace it soon Mrs. Yoo."

NY : "We're not married yet, I'm still an Im... Wait you said you're gonna show why you were late for a year."

JY : "Oh right! Gaja, they're probably waiting for us."

NY : "Who?"

Jeongyeon didn't answer, she just smiled at her, took her hand, and started dragging her down the stairs and into her car. Nayeon feels she's in cloud nine, she looks at Jeongyeon driving while the sun slowly set. 

Nayeon didn't realize sooner but they've been here before, except that the road that used to be covered in brown leaf and closed to the public, seems to be paved and accessible. There were tons of street lights now, the gate that they just passed by used to be locked.

When they reached the top of the hill, Jeongyeon hops off the car to open her door. She was welcomed by this wide field with flowers that reminded her of the Mamamoo's garden in high-school. It was the mansion on top of Eunbong hill.

10IN.

Jeongyeon holds Nayeon hand and gently pulled her closer to, she stops and stare at the people inside having fun.

JY : "This is the reason why it took me another year. I wanted a place where we can celebrate every occasion, a place that will embody our love. It's not open to the public yet, since I want you to be next to me when it does."

NY : "10IN.? That's not your dad's restaurant's name."

JY : "Of course not, this is mine. This is ours." She turns to Nayeon and start ruffling her hair.

"It's, 10 ways to Im Nayeon heart."

NY : "What? Hahaha you could've thought of a better name than that." The older girl started chuckling.

JY : "Yah!"

NY : "I'm just kidding Jeongie." She pecks her lips. "Shall we go in?"

JY : "Gaja, they probably been waiting for a while now."

NY "There better be a chair this time."

JY : "Of course I won't let future Mrs. Yoo sit in the ground :)"

There relationship was built of miscommunication and foiled confession attempts, but it's also built with hope and trust. Same reason why when someone ask Nayeon if she's still waiting, she answer without hesitation "I do."

---

---

(A/N) This was supposed to be the last chapter of this story but I thought another one wouldn't hurt right? 

I would like to say thank you to everyone who kept on reading this, especially those who always leave comment. Even if It's just a emoticon or a reaction, it means a lot to me. It makes me keep on writing, to keep on going. I wouldn't even be here writing new stories if it wasn't for you guys. So thank you so much!!!!!!