CHAPTER 24

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162565c78e79f1e2810598233737.gif

NAYEON'S POV

I guess it's because of the fever that she's looking vulnerable all of a sudden. This is the first time I've ever feel that I'm older than her, because when I think about it. She's always the one who's looking after me, I mean after everyone.

She likes to joke around but she's the most reliable one from all of us.

NY : "I heard you caught a fever, so I wanted to check on you. Don't get out of bed if it's not needed." I said as I sat in a chair next to her.

JY : "I'm fine... I wanted to read since I didn't go to school today."

NY : "No you're not, you're really hot right now. You should be resting."

JY : "Am I? Hahaha." She said teasingly.

JY : "But seriously, I didn't want you to have a hard time. So I thought of reading at least some of it :)"

And there you go with your misleading kindness again. Your sick and you're still worried about me. How can I stop loving you when you keep on giving me this kind of reason.

How can I stop loving you when you keep on giving me this kind of reason

NY : "Don't worry about such a thing, it's fine. We can catch up once you recover. For now, just stay in bed and rest okay?"

JY : "Arraso."

NY : "Uhmmm Jeong, are you hungry? Do you want me to grab something?"

JY : "Ani, I'm just sleepy. Somehow my eyes are kinda heavier today."

NY : "It's probably because of the medicine. Arraso, go to sleep. I'll leave you alone."

JY : "I don't want to... I don't want to be alone Nabong, can you stay here with me until I fell asleep?" She grabs one of my hands.

How can I say no when you're asking me like that? How can I say no when all I ever really wanted is to stay by your side, forever?

NY : "Arraso, but you better sleep now okay?"

JY : "Hmm can you tell me something? How was your day? How were the girls? What did you get in that quiz? Hmm I haven't heard your voice the whole it's kinda weird. I think I miss bugging you :)"

NY : "Hmm my day? It's the same, nothing new except the fact that when we were having lunch everybody just went on eating, like your not missing. Turns out I'm the only person who didn't know. The quiz was fine I got two mistakes but nothing surprising right? Hahaha."

I said as I looked down and trace the circle in her palm.

"But overall, today was slow. A minute felt like it was an hour, the day seems long. Maybe because you're not there to bug me around? Yeah, I think I miss you too."

I was waiting for her to tease me, but when I looked back at her. She was already deep in her sleep.

"Don't leave me unaware like that next time, okay? ....Don't leave me for now. I know I'm asking way too much but when I realized that your not there today I got really scared. I didn't think what will I do after we part ways so it took me by surprise. My heart feels like something stuck in it. Is this how love supposed to feel Jeongie? "

And I wanted to cry, I didn't know why but this uncomfortable feeling in my heart was way too much to handle        

And I wanted to cry, I didn't know why but this uncomfortable feeling in my heart was way too much to handle. I just sat there, staring at her.

*Knock*Knock*

SY : "Hmm did she fell asleep?"

NY : "Yes unnie, just a little while ago."

SG : "Ohh want me to drive you home? It's already late."

NY : "It's okay unnie, I can still take the bus."

SG : "That's a no, no. You know she'll get mad at me once she hears that nobody drove you home. Besides, there's nothing for me to do right now."

NY : "It's too much but I'll take you on that offer unnie."

SY : "Don't worry about her, I'll tell her once she wakes up."

NY : "Gomawo unnie."

SY : "And I'll give the fruits to her, thanks for that."

NY : "You're welcome unnie."

SG : "Gaja?"

NY : "Hai.." I said as I stood up.

NY : "Unnie can you stay with her for a while? She said she didn't want to be alone."

SY : "Arraso, I'll make sure she wakes up with someone. I'll see you next time :)"

NY : "Same here unnie."

And I just followed Seungyeon unnie to her car. The drive back was quiet until..

SG : "Nayeon-ah thank you."

NY : "You're welcome unnie, I just want to check on her and see for myself how she was doing."

SG : "Not just for today. Thanks for hmmm what's the right term??? Ahhh thank you for coming into her life."

NY : "Huh?"

SG : "Hahaha well I haven't thanked you. You know how she was, she likes to do things way out of this world. She likes to skip class whenever she doesn't feel it but when you became her tutor there was a drastic change. She wakes up on time and we haven't gotten any call of her skipping class. Not to mention she still wants to go to school even when she sick, if mom didn't ask her to stay home today she would've been in school."

I'm sure if it's someone, it's not really because of me but I can't just tell unnie that.

NY : "It's nothing unnie, I'm just doing my job. Hmm is she the kind to get sick that easily?"

SG : "Ani, that girl loves to take care of herself. So it's was surprising, when she came home yesterday, soaking wet. Which is unlikely of her, as you can see she's a very organized person."

NY : "Didn't she call to get picked up?"

SG : "Nope, she just came home like that."

NY : "Unnie mianhe.. She lends her umbrella to me, she said she'll call someone to pick her up. If I knew this will happen I shouldn't have taken her umbrella."

SG : "Why are you saying sorry? It's fine, it was her fault for not calling us. Hahaha don't worry about her okay? Just like what I said earlier that girl is like a rock she'll be fine by tomorrow."

She said as she pulled in front of our house.

NY : "Thank you unnie."

SG : "No worries, don't blame yourself. She wouldn't like it if you did. Besides she did the right thing."

NY : "Arraso." I said as I stepped out of her car.

SG : "Ohh and visit us more often than this. Mom and Dad are missing you. If you don't I'll let Jeong get sick again hahaha."

NY : "Hahaha no need unnie, I'll make sure to visit again soon. Drive safely and thank you so much."

SG : "Hai! Hai! See you next time Nayeon :)"

NY : "See you unnie."

And sometimes I want to believe it's me, that all the teasing is real. That it's not someone else she likes. But it wouldn't make sense right?

How could someone like Yoo Jeongyeon fall in love with someone who's only good at studying?

---

(A/N) I know I said I'm gonna update more but I was busy this last week, I was trying to earn more hearts in CHOEAEDOL. Have you voted yet? We only need to win 2 more and we can secure that win. So if you haven't and you have free time, do it :) It's never too late. Let's win this for TWICE!!!!! 

Also stream MORE & MORE 

Ps. I think I won't be able to update twice a week until this voting thing is over which ends at august 2. Sorry ! Stay safe everyone!