dog park

My wish is Sowon

An au where Sowon brings Meonji to a dog park and there's a cute part time worker there

======================

"Meonji! Come this way, we're going to put on the leash."

Meonji barked and ran around in circles around Sowon's feet, yipping happily at the mention of leash meaning going outside, but avoiding the literal leash that Sowon was trying to put on his back.

"Meonji! Sit!"

He sat obediently instantly, his tail wagging as Sowon put on the leash. He was still excited to go out, and Sowon was too. A new dog park had opened nearby and she hadn't had the chance to go see it yet until today. SinB had told her it was a great place for her dog, Angkko to meet other dogs. Apparently the little white fluff ball became queen of all pups in the pup area when she barked at one that was bigger than she.

"Alright, now let's go Meonji ah."

He barked in response, taking off and running to the door before stopping by the tug on his leash. Sowon just smiled and opened the door to let him out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, how may I help you today?"

"I'd like a day pass."

"Alright, please swipe your card when the screen turns blue. Remember to clean up after your dog and make sure that it behaves."

"Yes ma'am."

Sowon smiled as she was handed her ticket and hurriedly led Meonji in. She had read somewhere that upon entry into the free roam zone, it was important to remove the leash immediately to prevent any intimidation of any already free roaming dogs. She also looked around and found SinB sat on a bench, petting her little Angkko.

"Hey SinB."

"Oh hey, you finally made it."

Meonji stayed close to Sowon despite not having a leash, he was always a few steps near Sowon's feet.

"How's Angkko doing? Not wanting to play?"

Meonji barked at the word play. A surprised yelp came from nearby as a bunch of barks and other dog noises sounded. Sowon quickly looked over as SinB was explaining how Angkko didn't enjoy dog parks like other dogs, she came to have a nice massage and watch the other dogs like the queen she was.

"That worker seems to be in trouble."

SinB also looked over, finding the petite girl that Sowon was staring at, getting swarmed by a bunch of big dogs as she was trying to clean up their messes. She cracked a grin when she saw Sowon getting up to go see.

"Hey, miss are you alright?"

Sowon took notice of the sign by the tall gate, apparently this pen was for bigger dogs to play in and was a daycare you could leave them at. A theoretical dog hotel, but without a hotel and not for days on end.

"Ah! Yes I'm fine. Thank you for caring."

The girl yelped as a big great dane then jumped onto her back, it's paws reaching her shoulders easily and she hunched over to keep herself upright. Sowon let herself into the pen easily, Meonji stayed at the gate, sat patiently as Sowon moved in to remove the great dane gently.

"Hey big guy, don't crush the little lady."

"I'm not that little."

"Haha, is it a complex of yours? Sorry, come on big guy, down."

Sowon easily made friends with the great dane, it was her hands in seconds after feeling her hands rubbing in all the right places on it's head.

"What's your name?"

"Eunha- I mean, his name is Hoon."

Sowon chuckled a little, passing Eunha as she went back out the gate, Meonji jumping to be held by her immediately.

"Eunha ssi, so long as you know where to push your buttons, all dogs are friendly."

Eunha smiled and bowed a quick thank you before hurrying to finish cleaning the pen. Sowon walked back to SinB with oddly light steps.

"What's with you?"

"Nothing, why?"

"You seem oddly happy."

"Do I?"

Sowon kissed Meonji's head as he wiggled in her arms, his tail wagging at max speed.

"I might have met the next cutest thing to Meonji."

"I can hardly believe that you have eyes for anything other than your son."

"Well, what can I say? She was cute."

SinB grinned.

"I knew it."

"Hm?"

"Nothing, just that her shift ends in fifteen minutes, and you really came at a weird time for the dog park, like dude you bought a day pass even though there were literally thrity minutes to closing time? And, that we ride share our way home because we work at the same company when she's not doing this part time work."

"Hey, I read that it was the best to bring a dog to the a new dog park when it's less crowded."

"So, you wanna go to dinner together?"

Sowon looked back at the small worker who was singing to herself as the dogs followed after her in the pen.

"I guess so."

"This is finally something I can surprise Eunha unnie with, this is great!"

"Huh?"

SinB smiled.

"Since we both hate horror, we can't pull scary pranks on each other, and since we're so close, we can't not prank each other. So, giving her a surprise is somewhat of a win."

Sowon shook her head good naturedly.

"That's one odd definition of victory."

"SinB yah! We can go now!"

"Look, here she comes."

Eunha came to a stop in front of Sowon, her eyes instantly glued to her tall figure once more.

"Oh uh hi."

"Hello again Eunha ssi, my name is Sojung, but you may call me Sowon. It's nice to properly meet you."

Eunha shook her hand with great care. Sowon just smiled. SinB looked at her dog and sighed, maybe bringing them closer was a bad idea.