a cold exterior pt 3

My wish is Sowon

It wasn't that Eunha was proud of her double chin, some people shamed her for it, but really at this day and age, didn't everyone had some double chin fat anyways? It didn't bother her anymore. Squishing her own chin in thought, she packed her bag up and exited the classroom, ready to go see Sowon for her promise. Still, it was an odd exchange, squishing her double chin for going to class? Was her chin that satisfying to play with? She experimentally pinched her chin fat but found nothing special.

"You're here."

Eunha raised her eyebrows, did that, or did that not sound like Sowon had been anticipating this exchange?

"This is for you to go to class tomorrow."

"And at break too, so I go to afternoon classes."

She seemed almost excited. Eunha sighed and put her bag on the floor before looking to Sowon. The president's words rang in her head once more, "whatever it takes" to make Sowon go to class.

"Where do you want me?"

"Sit down against the wall."

The wall felt cold against her back, she fixed her skirt a little and looked up at Sowon, who kneeled in front of her, hand already reaching for her chin. She sure is enthusiastic about this.

"What exactly makes you want to do this, but not go to class?"

"You're unexpectedly soft."

Eunha remained quiet, breathing evenly as Sowon's hand softly prodded at her neck, it felt soothing, caring almost. She couldn't help but wonder if this was what cats felt when they got their chins scratched. Her eyes closed as Sowon rubbed at her chin.

"You're really really soft, it's cute."

Eunha blushed but dared not to open her eyes to see what Sowon looked like. Sowon's fingers felt up the underside of her jaw, reaching further up her jawline as if tracing it.

"How in the world do you think it's cute?"

"It just is."

Since Sowon was just in front of her, and this close for the longest time, Eunha could smell her faintly. Sowon smelled of something relaxing, maybe a hint of vanilla. When she could no longer feel Sowon's hand on her chin, Eunha opened her eyes slowly. Before her, Sowon was looking slightly pinker than usual.

"What's wrong?"

"I'll see you tomorrow at break."

"Okay? Are you feeling alright?"

"Fine."

Eunha watched as Sowon grabbed her bag quickly, before she ran off completely, she called after her one last reminder.

"You better be in your school uniform tomorrow!"

"Whatever!"

Huffing a breath up at her bangs, Eunha dusted herself off, retrieved her bag and headed home. Should she ask whether Sowon's shampoo or body wash had vanilla? Or was that too personal? Were they even considered friends yet? Eunha shook her head, ignoring her thoughts as she looked up at the sky.

"Well, whatever happens, happens."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon ran all the way back to her apartment, trying to believe that the thumping of her heart was out of physical exertion rather than emotion. Panting as she leaned over the bathroom sink, she clenched her fist in the front of her shirt. What was that? Why was touching Eunha so satisfying? She even smelled nice, like the pattern of her underwear the first day they met, strawberries.

", I have to go to class tomorrow."

"You're finally going?"

"I...lost a bet."

Yerin, her friend that she was sharing the apartment with poked her head in the doorway, a pocky stick between her lips as she observed Sowon's appearance. From her messy long hair caused by the wind from running to the slight blush on Sowon's cheeks to the fist clenched in the front of her shirt, Yerin grinned.

"Did that bet involve a date as well?"

"What?! No!"

Yerin raised her hands up in innocence.

"Hey, you just look like you have a date, with that blush and all."

Sowon groaned but Yerin remained smiling.

"But it's great that you're going to class, do you want me to find your uniform for you?"

"I am older than you, stop babying me."

"Yea, but do you listen to me? Not all the time. Seriously though, you should get over them. They're not worth your anguish."

"I know. I know."

Sowon calmed down, her breathing even once more.

"Actually Yerin ah?"

"Yea?"

"Help me find my uniform."

Yerin blinked, Sowon's blush had remained even if everything else was then under control. Shrugging, she answered a quick yes and headed off to dig in Sowon's closets. Sowon looked herself in the mirror, running her hand through her hair, she sighed. Why did she agree to go to class? Over such a trivial thing? Well, trivial but also super weird. Then again, Eunha agreed so it wasn't all that bad right? The memory of Eunha leaning into her touch earlier and making soft hms resurfaced and Sowon blushed harder. She splashed water to try to cool herself down but it was ineffective in making the color in her face dissapate.

"Jeez."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha had gotten one of Sowon's classmates to report to her right before class started whether Sowon had gone to school. Surely enough, a message came in that said she was missing. Slightly miffed, Eunha walked out of her own classroom, handing her teacher a note that would let her go out for a while.

Her goal was to check the back of the school, because, oddly enough, despite not going to class often, Sowon was surely on campus somewhere everyday. Before she had even turned the first corner, she saw a girl running for the school gate.

"Hm?"

The school gates closed the moment the first bell rang, whoever that was, was going to be in trouble. Walking over intending to talk with the girl after she received a scolding from the gate master Eunha paused midstep as the running girl simply vaulted over the gate.

Then, as the girl landed and straightened her skirt, Eunha stared hard. She....was extremely tall? Looking closer, Eunha's jaw dropped.

"Kim Sojung ssi?"

"E-Eunha."

"Eunha?"

"Sorry! Jung Eunbi."

Eunha ignored the weird name Sowon addressed her as, well, it wasn't that weird, but it made her feel weird to think whether Sowon called someone else that way, not that she should but whatever. (Canonically, they are still on original name basis, I just put their stage names out of habit....and so you don't think it's SinB)

Sowon looked different in her school uniform, her long legs, which Eunha had originally imagined would be very pretty in the skirt, instead made her feel a little uncomfortable. Wasn't Sowon's skirt too short?

"Did you roll the top of your skirt?"

"No I didn't, does it look short? Yerin did pack me stockings if I needed them."

Eunha blinked, it seemed as though Sowon spoke differently when she was wearing a skirt, or....or she was feeling different with Eunha? Taking Sowon's hand and pulled her to the infirmary to get her to change into her stockings.

"You weren't in class, so I was going to get mad at you."

"I was running late, I couldn't figure out how to do the ribbon."

Eunha turned around, seeing that Sowon was properly covered again. Her ribbon was indeed crooked, automatically, her hands reached up to fix it. This subconcious action went unnoticed by Eunha who did it, until she saw Sowon looking awkward.

"Sorry, I forgot to ask permission."

"It's fine, thanks."

"So, I'll see you at break?"

"Yea."

Sowon watched as Eunha returned to her classroom. Turning towards the back of the school, Sowon took a step before stopping. She did promise to go to class, but she really wanted more alone time to think out what was going on inside herself. Back at her apartment, Yerin kept making accusations of her, saying she'd met her future husband or whatever. How wrong she was. Sighing, Sowon turned back around and marched up the senior stairwell.

===========

it's not just the double chin, ihihihi, there will be moreeeeeeeee

spoilers(but not really): keeping company(definitely not saying how :D)