offering pt 11

My wish is Sowon

Sowon wen tover to her village first thing in the morning after checking her perimeters, if only she had the power to know the time that her house was pierced by an arrow, she could predict when the next one would come, because it was most definitely going to come.

Then she needed to figure out how to hide Eunha, it might be selfish but she knew that Yerin wasn't going to allow her to keep Eunha at the village. Yerin had wanted Sowon to make some huge show and in one fell swoop crush all the rumors about her being a bad vampire, but Sowon had always refused, not wanting to then incurr problems for the girls who didn't want to go back. Why she needed to hide Eunha was because, if the letter was serious, then the little brother whom Sowon can only assume as Eunha's little brother, would eventually come for her. If he knew that Eunha was alive, then he may rush his plans and tell others about it to enlist their help.

It also appeared that the rest of Eunha's previous family wanted her back as an outlet, but Sowon wasn't about to let that happen. If Eunha's little brother really cared for Eunha so much, he wouldn't have let his mother do such terrible things to Eunha in the first place. Standing quietly behind a tree trunk as she observed her village from above a hill, Sojung sighed. If only everything could stay as peaceful as it looked from above.

Heading for Yerin's house, Sojung halted when she rememebered the warning of the carrier pigeon, that Eunha's neck would be exposed. She had already seen all the scars on Eunha's back, and she had laughed off the idea that it would look tasty, but she was suddenly nervous, what if she really did see it as tasty?

Then the door opened and Eunha stepped out, Yerin close behind.

"Oh! Unnie! Good morning!"

Eunha ducked her head in a silent greeting and Sowon held her breath for a second, slightly worried for herself and Eunha's sake.

"Um good morning. That...haircut suits you."

"Th-thank you."

Sowon's eyes widened, Eunha responded! She really responded without having ordered to! Sowon smiled just a little, glad that the social interactions at this village had really helped Eunha get better.

"This is progress Yerin ah! If she continued to stay here, I'm sure she'll heal perfectly!"

Yerin tsked and wiggled her finger.

"What good is it if she gets nervous everytime you come to visit? You're going to have a one on one talk and a very deep conversation about life, let her decide what to do then, you can bring her back to me."

Sowon's shoulders slumped a little and Eunha quickly spoke up, which surprised Sowon but in a very welcomed way.

"A-am I a bother to you?"

Sowon's attention was fully on Eunha once more, her short hair capturing her attention again and her soft spoken voice just ringing in her head.

"No! Absolutely not."

Yerin shook her head with an exasperated look, pushing them both to sit on the porch side of the house, she ordered the two to have a chat about their near future.

"And don't say that she can choose to stay here! She needs to learn from you!"

Sowon sighed and held her head in her hands.

"You know, I never know why she insists this to every girl I bring here, whether or not I've taught something important and valuable. Nothing I teach is considered valuable, at least, not to me. If it's a trade, that's simple, but for some reason everyone seems to come to the conclusion that I've taught them some life lesson that they'll never forget."

Eunha was very quiet next to her and Sowon was worried she might have tried too hard to make conversation, but Eunha scooted closer and said nothing.

"Eunha?"

Eunha moved just a little to indicate that she was listening, almost seemingly focused on bringing herself just a little closer to Sowon, physically. The vampire watched quizzically as Eunha willingly brought herself closer to Sowon's side, this was an improvement, right? She wasn't scared or anything? Was she doing this out of fear? Sowon had so many questions before she decided to take a breath which she had held since Eunha had exited Yerin's house, she could hold her breath for longer but, well, Sowon got nervous and had to inhale some fresh air.

Only to taste Eunha's scent in the air. Sowon covered her nose quickly, what was that? She could distinguish the natural soap that Yerin hand crafted, as well as the smell if the grass that came from the river, maybe a little bit of the porridge breakfast that Yerin must have made, but there was something else that Sowon could only describe as Eunha. It wasn't that she hadn't smelled it before, but the dirt and grime on Eunha that she had to clean before had masked it, then Eunha's scent was covered by the water when she was in the hot water, then Sowon had brought the medicine which kind of masked it.

Now it was fresh and much more potent to her sensitive nose. Eunha looked at her, very slightly, just a tiny tilt ofher head to look. Was it a flower? It was kind of sweet.

Sowon scooted a little away from Eunha who seemed a little bit discouraged by the action.

=============

Sowon's nose is sharper than a dog's! When Sowon gets over how nice Eunha smells, if she ever does, what's she gonna do when Eunha explores her new freedom?

Also, THAAAAAAAnnnnnKKKKKKK YYYOUUUUUUUUU for the birthday wishes, me the happiest kiddult! Since my state is basically under lock down, there's plenty of time to be a NEET and write when I wanna! look forward to more updates!