offering pt 13

My wish is Sowon

"Oi do you have anything to like cover smells?"

Yerin looked at Sowon carefully, checking her all over and then pulled on Sowon's hand that was practically glued to Sowon's nose.

"So, does she smell tasty or something?"

"No, like flowers, her blood may be special."

"Didn't you bathe her before?"

"I did, but I was so nervous about scaring her, I forgot to breathe."

Yerin raised her eyebrows and shook her head.

"I forget that you only need like a breath of air like once an eternity."

Tapping her chin and walking around in a circle, Yerin thought up what things that she could offer to Sowon.

"There's this thing I've been trying, but like it smells like flowers as well...."

"I think a flower smell is fine, the scent is related to her blood after all."

Yerin hummed and pulled Sowon with her to the storage room. she had been making different things with the other girls to improve their living conditions, starting with protecting their dry skin against the winter. Thus, she had balms that warmed a person up, something similar to modern lotion, and a variety of scents.

"I mean, the scent will fade, but as long as you continue to use it I think this is fine."

Sowon was handed a small jar of oil, from one whiff she could tell it was from flowers nearby this village, but not found near the human village. Given, no human should be able to smell further than they can see at the most, except for those who had bad eyesight.

"It'll work. Could I ask you-"

"Yeah, I'll just tell her that it's to make her healthier. Then she'll remember to go do it every once a while."

Sowon nodded and Yerin just laughed and went back to Eunha first, knowing that Sowon only wanted the best for Eunha as she had for all the other girls here.

---------------------------

Before night had come, Yerin had already kicked both Sowon and Eunha out, as she absolutely could not have Sowon try to push Eunha to stay there or use the night chill as a reason to stay there any longer. With the sunset just beginning, Sowon walked ahead of Eunha, with the intention to keep watch on any wild animals that may be a danger to Eunha, as the latter just continued to walk in silence.

"Hey."

Eunha jumped but looked forwards, appearing as a small bunny to which Sowon immediately shushed her brain for even thinking about Eunha being a bunny, since, a long time ago in a more dire time, she only had rabbits left in the dark winter, even if bunnies were cute.

"S-sorry. I was just wondering if you were tired."

Eunha shook her head but Sowon was wringing her hands. If they continue to walk at this pace, then they would probably arrive around midnight. But then, if Sowon carried Eunha like before, now that she was concious of it, she would have to hold her breath.

"Do you....do you mind if I carry you?"

Eunha looked at Sowon's hands, then looked at Sowon. Perhaps she was a little worried about reacting badly when held, but Sowon still had to stand firm. She couldn't exactly have Eunha catching a cold in the night chill. Absolutely could not. (Colds and flus are mostly lethal in this era if not treated well.)

Then Eunha walked forwards. Sowon watched her, still holding her breath even if Eunha wasn't smelling as.....appealing...and held out her hand first. If Eunha wasn't able to speak, or like muster the courage to speak, then at the least, Eunha could communicate through her actions. The moment Eunha's warm hand slipped into hers, Sowon resisted the shiver that ran down her spine.

"I'm taking that as a yes?"

A small nod.

"Alright."

Sweeping Eunha up off her feet in bridal style. Adjusting so that Eunha was more comfortable, Sowon briefly wondered if Eunha was afraid of heights.

"We're going up."

Eunha looked around but quickly shut her eyes as Sowon jumped from the ground, to the strongest branch on a tree near the top.

"Still okay?"

Slowly, Eunha opened her eyes, looking around, Eunha could see the tops of the evergreen trees all around, as well as the small divot in the treetops that indicated where Yerin's village was. In the far distance, Eunha could see a bigger area without trees. Noticing how Eunha's gaze got ccaught somewhere, Sowon looked in the similar direction.

"That's.....well, first of all, home. I'll say it again, you're going to be safe with me."

Eunha's slight nod and grip on Sowon's shirt made Sowon relax a little. Everything was going to be okay. She was going to help this girl get a better life. No one was going to invade on her territory.

At least, nothing alive.

After her several minutes of sprinting across the treetops, they had neared the village on the side which Sowon's house was located. Eunha was in fact, not afraid of heights, but loved the view and tried to keep her eyes open at all times, except she needed to blink and sometimes the wind would dry her eyes. When Sowon landed on her own roof and lightly jumped down to the ground level, on her front door, was a note stapled to her door via one crude nail.

Ripping it off with a hand, Sowon left the nail there and shut the door behind Eunha carefully.

That kid had the guts to walk into her territory.

Time to build a trap.

===============

how to y trap a house

dig a pit and cover it with weak branches lmao

also I hate online classes :D