a wife pt 2

My wish is Sowon

Sowon groaned as she exited her office, Yerin was already bounding up to her like a puppy happy to see it's master. After locking herself in her office for the last four hours to express draft another contract, Sowon's brain had practically melted at the sheer amount of professional language she had to craft and numbers to compress. Of course, she could always order her suboordinates to give her the numbers, but they never seemed accurate or trustworthy enough for her to handle.

Unless it was an emergency contract editing that needed to finish within the hour, Sowon took pretty much everything into her own hands.

"Sowon unnie! How was your morning?"

"I already told you."

She tiredly rolled her shoulders as she waited for the elevator to come. When she got home, she had Eunha's dinner in the fridge ready for her to heat and eat as soon as she entered the house.  Her stomach grumbled along with her thoughts.

"Aw, come on, wasn't it heart warming to wake up to a cute wife trying their best to please you?"

"I'm not the kind to let others take care of me, you know that."

"I do."

Yerin hummed as Sowon shot her a glare.

"Then why did you sign away my savings? You know how I don't need the help, you know that I'll end up trying to take care of her, and you know that will end up in more stress than I already have!"

The elevator dinged upon arrival, Sowon sighed and walked in, looking up when Yerin didn't follow.

"I'll stay back and finish up something first."

"Don't overwork yourself."

"Good night unnie."

"You too Yennie."

"I still love you!"

"You-"

Sowon sighed as Yerin ran away as soon as the doors shut. Even if she got mad at Yerin, Yerin was still her precious dongsaeng. Childhood friends until now, they were practically real siblings. She rubbed the bridge of her nose as she thought.

"Let's just get home faster."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome home jagiya!"

Sowon stared as Eunha greeted her from the doorway. She blushed just a little bit at the appearance of her 'wife'. She hadn't expected Eunha to have stayed up.

"What do you want first? Dinner? or Bath?"

Unconciously, she breathed a sigh of relief when Eunha didn't finish that question with 'or me?' as she had seen in animes and the like.

"Why are you stll up? I told you that you could eat first and sleep because I was going to come home late."

Sowon took off her shoes and walked past Eunha, somewhat ignoring the shorter girl. Eunha puffed her cheeks and followed after Sowon.

"Give me your jacket, I'll put it away."

Reluctantly, Sowon handed her jacket over, but made a beeline for the kitchen, only to stop in confusion. Eunha came back and giggled.

"You didn't eat yet?"

"Nope, I was waiting for you."

"Why?"

Sowon ed her sleeves and the top two buttons to her dress shirt as Eunha busily heated the dishes in the microwave.

"Because it's lonely to come home to eat by yourself."

Eunha didn't eat first because she didn't want Sowon to feel lonely when she was eating her dinner.

"I usually eat by myself, it's not really that bad."

She had a bad feeling that this might cause issues in the future.

"Well, if you really don't want me to, I won't do it again."

"I-I don't hate it, just don't starve yourself alright?"

Sowon quietly ate her food, raising her eyebrows as the taste.

"Is it alright?"

"Of course! It's delicious."

Eunha hummed happily, digging in as well. Sowon watched as she ate happily, it was the happiest smile she had seen on the shorter girl since they had met. She must really love her food. Internally, Sowon wondered if she could go back to eating alone if she felt so...fulfilled? eating with Eunha like this.

Quietly she murmured to herself.

"So this is what busy husbands feel like when they get home to a cute wife."

Eunha held back her blush and pretended she didn't hear it.

Get a hold of yourself Jung Eunbi!