a wife pt 3

My wish is Sowon

Sowon looked blankly at her desk in front of her, it was lunch time, and she should be eating lunch, but when Eunha learned she had skipped lunch the day before, it resulted in the ominous box in front of her right now. Sighing as Yerin barged in after one knock, Sowon put her head in her hands as Yerin squealed.

"Oh mi gosh! You really lucked out! Lookit how cute it is!!!!"

Yerin cooed at the hand wrapped lunch box, urging Sowon to hurry and open it so she could see the insides. Sowon tiredly pulled the ribbon and uncovered the top box. Thankfully, it was just a plain box of rice.

Second box, Sowon wanted to hide in a corner and not leave it as Yerin started to snap pictures and squeal even louder. The ham was cut into the shape of a heart, the sausages cut into cute little octopus, the carrots were flowers! Not only that, there was a small note tucked beside Sowon's dessert, which by the way was two cookies, that read, "You're working hard today as well huh? I hope my honey comes back earlier so we can eat together again! Hwaiting! P.S. You're really beautiful jagi ♥".

"How could ever hate her? Come on Sojung unnie? Don't tell me you're still treating her coldly?"

"I-...I'm not."

"If you make her sad, I will know!"

"I won't! Okay? I won't! She hasn't gotten in my way yet."

Yerin raised an eyebrow at the light blush and hushed tone of Sowon's voice.

"So, you would've kicked her out if she wasn't this cute right?"

"Why would anyone kick a girl like her to the-"

Sowon stopped midsentence as she realized that she had been baited. Chucking her folder at Yerin who laughed and ducked to dodge it, Sowon chased her out of her office, finally left to eat in peace. Running a hand through her hair, Sowon leaned back in her office chair, breathing a deep sigh.

She looked at the lunch box before her, then the sandwich that she had bought from the convenience store downstairs before she had discovered the mysterious extra weight in her backpack.

"Stupid, I didn't tell her to do this."

She picked at her utensils, wondering what she had done to deserve both such a horrible and cunning best friend, as well as such a nicely put together lunch box. In fact, this box wasn't hers, she had never bought such a thing, which meant it was Eunha's.

"Aish, she's doing too much for me."

Reluctantly, she began to eat, leaving her convenience store sandwich to defrost on her desk. It'd be a waste to not eat such a thoughtful lunch box after all.

----------------

Eunha sat at Sowon's home in the dining area, looking down on her phone. She had originally taken this job offer because of the money and housing it provided. After her last run in with her step parent's debt collectors, she had to do something about the money in order to protect herself. Half expecting that she would have to sell her body, Yerin had randomly chatted her at a cafe, and offered her this.

At first, she thought, well, if she were going to sell her body, what this woman was offering was much more than the websites she had checked, and, it was only for 6 months, rather than a life time contract that she could possibly ruined her life with. Then she had to move in, with the help of Yerin and well, a very drunk....husband? Wife? Sowon was completely smashed the first time Eunha saw her.

"Hey, you cutie! What're you doing in my home?"

"Um, I'll be your wife for the next six months?"

"My wife?"

Sowon stumbled around the living room as Eunha watched her to make sure she didn't crash into anything dangerous as Yerin rummaged around the house, getting everything Eunha needed and putting things away in a way she knew as orderly.

"When did I get such a cute wife?"

Eunha blushed as Sowon managed to sit on her couch, slightly sprawled across most of it. Sowon's hand waved Eunha over, to which she obeyed, since technically, this was half a maid job as well, which was what Yerin explained it as. Taking her seat and letting Sowon lay her arm over her shoulders, Eunha took a deep breath.

"You."

"Yes?"

"Call me jagiya from time to time okay? I'm a meanie. Okay? Real bad. Mm."

"I can do that."

"Really? Man, I already like you. Can't you be my girlfriend?"

Eunha giggled.

"I'm your wife already, j-jagiya."

Sowon's drunken grin was so cute to Eunha that it remained at the front of her memories of Sowon. Snapping out of it as she heard the front door unlock, Eunha looked up to see Sowon walking in.

"Welcome home."

She was early.

"Ah yeah, I've got a conference call so I'll be in my room."

Sowon walked towards her room with her backpack in tow, but stopped and turned back around. Hesitating to say something, she then pulled out the lunch box that Eunha had packed and held it out to Eunha, looking away.

"It...it was delicious. Thank you."

Eunha smiled.

"No problem!"

Then Sowon quickly scurried into her room, Eunha smiled as she noticed how Yerin and Sowon were kind of similar, two whirlwinds that changed up her current life. Ah, tomorrow was a grocery sale day. Eunha quickly wrote a list of what to buy before going to clean the lunch box.

"Would she go with me to the market I wonder?"

===============

I have no excuses for how long I've ignored this collection please accept my apologies