wife pt 13 (finale)

My wish is Sowon

The sound of typing fills the otherwise silent office, once in a while a printer will whirr to life, choke up some papers, and then quiet again. Sowon rubbed her eyes, readjusting to her surroundings after having hyperfocused on her computer screen for far too long. Breathing a sigh and looking at her probably freezing cold coffee that she had gotten from Yerin when she had the time to make her one earlier in the day, Sowon groaned.

Of all the times to have an issue with the contract. Of all the people that had to be held responsible for this mistake. Why did they have to wait until the day before the delivery to say they didn't want it? At least they were going to get paid the cancellation fee, but that wasn't enough to cover up all the expenses that covered this project.

A knocking on her office door sounded through her room, the echoing made it sound as if it was empty inside. Sowon rolled over to the door and unlocked it, having locked it earlier to prevent other coworkers from coming in and asking for advice or help, she needed all her energy to figure out who was getting how much and who was going to get less between the departments.

"Hey there zombie model."

"Shut up."

"Unnie, just forget about them when that clock hits 9, I've gotten orders from above that you're not allowed in the office any later today. They know when not to push a good worker too far."

Sowon rolled her eyes and leaned back in her seat, relaxing just a little, 9 was only five minutes away.

"You know that I have to get this done as fast as possible."

"And I know that you also could just do it tomorrow and ask for a mercy window."

"I never ask for a mercy window."

"Which is why you should."

Yerin grabbed Sowon's phone off the side of her desk, checking the time and holding it out to Sowon. Sowon blinked slowly as Yerin prompted her to hold it.

"Relax for a few minutes, then, when it rings, you pick up and you're going to be fine."

Sowon smiled a little, already anticipating the somewhat clingy call. Yerin grabbed the leftover coffee and patted Sowon on the shoulder.

"I told you I knew your type."

"Shut up."

Yerin just laughed and left Sowon alone with her phone. The lockscreen wallpaper was something normal, since there was no telling when someone might accidentally see it when a message lit it up, pressing the unlock, Sowon stared at her homescreen, now almost melted into her chair half out of exhaustion and half out of trying to relax. The vibration of the call coming in almost had Sowon drop the phone, but she caught it quickly and answered.

"Hello?"

"Jagi?"

"Eunha yah."

A soft giggle came through and Sowon was already smiling widely. This giggle. This exact giggle. When they hadn't gotten together yet, the intonation of this giggle was different. Now, it was light, carefree, lovely.

"Are you coming home now?"

"Well, I wanted to finish this spreadsheet, but Yerin said I'm getting kicked out of here."

"Eh? That's a good thing isn't it?"

Sowon nodded as if Eunha could see her.

"Well, I guess so. I'll see you in fifteen?"

"Make it ten and I'll reward you."

"Oho? Reward me? I wonder what it will be."

"It's a secret, so you better come and find out."

Sowon bit her lip, just listening to Eunha's teasing voice was enough to make her want to rush home. If there was a reward, why wasn't she already out the door and racing against the streetlights?

"If you forgive me for taking fifteen minutes to get home, I'll reward you."

A soft whine came through and Sowon was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"But I want you here."

Another whine. Sowon shifted slightly in her seat but pinched herself, now wasn't the time to get by your wife at home, she had something to do.

"I..."

"I want you here right now, and I'd hug you when you get through that doorway."

"I promise I'll be back in fifteen."

Blowing a kiss quickly, Sowon hung up before Eunha could bewitch her into doing otherwise and took a deep breath. Exhaling deeply, Sowon exited the office quickly.

-----------------------------

Eunha pouted when the line cut but obediently went to put the finished dinner into the microwave to at least keep it warm for a little longer. She sat alone in the livingroom that was now decorated with small shelves with mini cactus growing in cute pots. The bookshelf that used to only hold Sowon's leftover and useless university textbooks, now was being used as a decorative shelf with their pictures together as well as trinkets of love that they had given each other.

Pulling a large stuffed bear from the corner of their couch, Eunha hugged it, still pouting. She hadn't become possessive after beign freed from her chains, but she had become a little bit more selfish when it came to Sowon, and well, Sowon didn't mind it.

But usually when she made a phone call like that and Sowon didn't have a big project to be hauling overtime work in, Sowon would usually agree. Her day job had upgraded from working part time at the bakery, to becoming branch manager at that same bakery after coming up with several special events for the bakery on event days and holidays, so she had her fair share of tired. Which was why she looked forwards to calling Sowon everyday at 9pm to remind her honey to get home soon. At first it was a request by Yerin, that Eunha would pull Sowon out of the office that she seemed to never want to leave from.

The front door unlocked and Eunha immediately hopped off the couch, already reaching for a hug.

"Eunha~"

"Unnie~"

Eunha buried her face in Sowon's chest as usual, wrapping her arms around Sowon's waist as Sowon just chuckled and returned the hug just as tightly.

"How was your day at the bakery?"

"It was as usual, besides that, why were you late in coming home today? I know it only takes you ten minutes."

She cutely puffed her cheeks and put her hands on her waist, Sowon couldn't help but lean down and kiss her on the forehead.

"I was picking up something special."

From behind her, Sowon pulled out a fancy bag, likely from a jewelry shop. Eunha, who was still living very frugally despite her new finacial stability was already nervous. Sowon who knew that Eunha was still fighting some conditioned habits, helpfully opened the box to reveal a necklace and another matching pendant.

"For you."

Eunha blinked and stared at the star shaped pendant and the same pendant on the necklace.

"Why is there two? But only one...chain?"

"Ah that's so I can match you."

Eunha tilted her head cutely, but Sowon was already moving on as she brought the gift to the bedroom and set it on the dresser. Eunha followed, quietly curious.

"What did you say looked best on me?"

"Everything?"

"Accessory-wise."

Sowon smirked a little when Eunha saw the black strip of fabric. Putting on the choker, Sowon held out the pendant for Eunha to put it on. Sure, she could have attached the pendant before putting the choker on, but then Eunha wouldn't get that rush that she was surely on right now. Waiting as Eunha stared dazedly at the pendant, Sowon casully helped fasten the necklace on Eunha, whispering hotly in her ear.

"Didn't you like seeing me as your property?"

"But-"

"I love how sweet you are."

Sowon kissed behind Eunha's ear, causing slight shiver down Eunha's spine. "But I also love it, when you're feisty." Eunha bit her lip, it had taken her a long time to start taking on a larger role in their relationship, as Sowon helped her baby step out of her self imposed solitude to the point where they were living together equally. Eunha swallowed nervously as she attached the pendant to the front of Sowon's choker, a sparkle in her eyes already showing when she saw it completed.

She kissed Sowon's neck softly and hid her face into Sowon's hug.

"Silly what are you getting embarassed for now?"

"That's....well- you're mine."

Sowon chuckled again, just the way Eunha loved.

"We should have dinner first."

"Are you hungry?"

Eunha shook her head a little, Sowon smiled and kissed Eunha's cheek, purposely avoiding her lips.

"After."

"I love you Sowon unnie."

Sowon relented and kissed her softly, making Eunha smile into it.

"My wife."

===============

eyyyyy welcome back, the world is ending but my imagination isn't, hooo I kept it pg 13