offering pt 8

My wish is Sowon

It was a little awkward for a while, Eunha didn't know what Sowon wanted, Sowon didn't know whether it was alright to stay so close someone that deleted her sense of self in a second. Still, they stayed together at Yerin's behest, why? Because she was curious, and gave a pretty good point.

"You said you lost control right?"

Sowon nodded her head slightly. Yerin puffed her cheeks and placed her hands on her waist in a lecturing manner.

"Then show me what kind of control! You said you were afraid right? But you also said that you'd protect us, are you not going to keep that promise to us as women who were offered to you?"

Sowon looked to the ground. She wasn't a person to break promises, and well, if she said that by leaving them, she'd be protecting them, Yerin would probably yell at her again.

"I don't break promises."

"Then show me."

Eunha sat quietly to the side, feeling somewhat guilty, but also unsure what to do. She had been thinking about the proposition, to learn a trade, skill, or do anything she wanted to do, stay or leave. If Sowon didn't want her, then surely, she would want to stay in the village, but the intriguing and foreign thought that someone would want her for something other than a toy for stress relief had her confused.

Sowon doesn't want to hurt her. This was a major point that stood out to Eunha as she had lived with these girls in this village for two days. Neither does Sowon want Eunha to be afraid of anything anymore, she promised freedom. But Sowon wants Eunha. This was what all the gossiping girls were talking about when they overheard Sowon discussing with Yerin, and well, Yerin wasn't a quiet person unless alone in her home. Sowon knew this, but Yerin was her best source of common sense. Sowon may be wanting Eunha for her blood, but Yerin was already reassuring everyone that Sowon only drank animals.

"You wouldn't mind keeping Eunha at your place would you Yerin ah?"

"Are you throwing her to me?"

A shiver passed through Eunha's spine, was she being abandoned? Yerin noticed and tapped in regret.

"Sowon unnie's not throwing you away, I'm sorry I used the wrong words."

Eunha looked up, slightly teary eyed at Sowon to make sure Yerin wasn't lying. Sowon stared for a little, but gave a solemn nod. Receiving a hug from Yerin, Eunha calmed back down and Yerin continued to pester Sowon to keep Eunha.

"It's something new unnie, you should try it out?"

"If it ends in bloodshed, it's your fault."

Sowon seemed to give in easily, which Yerin was thankful for, perhaps it was the teary look Eunha had given Sowon earlier, or Yerin's wily charms that might finally have worked this time on the cold vampire. Sowon clapped her hand on Yerin's back, knocking the wind from her lungs and the smug expression on her face, Yerin just laughed and patted Eunha on the shoulder.

"Promise! I belive in unnie!"

Eunha timidly offered a small smile, to which Sowon saw, but pretended not to. Surely, this was the begining steps to recovering Eunha's happy expressions, if she felt that Sowon was staring at her, it might make her feel self concious and stop.

"Then, I'll leave her to you for another day. Just to be safe."

Yerin frowned a little, but seeing that Sowon was really going to keep her promises like she always does, she agreed and took Eunha by the hand.

"You can go exercise or something unnie, I'm going to teach her to cook. Since, I know you can't!"

Yerin stuck out her tongue and ran away, dragging Eunha behind her as Sowon growled a little. It wasn't like Sowon wasn't able to cook, she had no need to!  Anything that was more difficult than a porridge stew, or even just rice, was highly unnecesary for a vampire like herself who only lived off blood. Eunha also didn't tell her that the breakfast she made was bad, so Sowon definitely didn't feel Eunha trash.

Grumbling and ruffling her hair a little, Sowon looked out to the horizon. At the least, she could sprint back to her own house to check on the village, there had been a rumor that a traveling shaman would come and well, Sowon could do without wasting several kilograms of beans thrown at her house or garlic for that matter. Beans may work on demons, if they existed, but Sowon wasn't afraid of garlic in the slightest. She just disliked the smell a little when the wood in her house soaked up all that strong scent of garlic. She really considered destroying some stuff to keep them out of her house when she was away.

Blocking out the blazing sunlight with her hand, Sowon sighed. Was it really a good idea to keep Eunha with her?

==============

wife or more offering next?