offering pt 12

My wish is Sowon

Sowon saw that she was making Eunha feel a little awkward, what with her attempts at drawing closer ending in failure when it was Sowon who had originally wanted to do in the first place.

Thinking back, the day before, Sowon had acted impulsively upon seeing and smelling Eunha by the river. Cursing that her sometimes birdbrain missed these warning signs when even Yerin had to tell her that she should be careful, Sowon took one deep breath and held onto it to resist the urge.

"Sorry, I was just surprised that you wanted to come closer. Are you really okay with that?"

Eunha gave a silent nod, perhaps not yet willing to respond to Sowon in words after being discouraged. She seemed to light up a bit when Sowon scooted back to her original position however.

"Eunha, can we talk?"

If she was going to hide a girl, it would be in their best interest to go along with the plan, after all, Sowon couldn't stop Eunha from wandering around when she wasn't there, nor could she- actually, she couldn't leave Eunha alone at her house. And she couldn't sleep when Eunha was awake. Because if she was unnattentive, someone would strike. Usually, a small threat wouldn't scare Sowon like this, but because the fact that Eunha's former parents are the leaders of the city that she lived on the outskirts of, she had to be extra careful.

Noticing that Eunha was patiently waiting for her to finish thinking, she gave a slightly apologetic smile.

"So,  I was going to keep this a secret from you. But, well, here. Look at it yourself."

Sowon handed the paper that she had gotten from the arrow to Eunha, she had brought it along because she had forgotten about sliding it into her pocket, but in the end it was pretty useful.

"Do you recognize this handwriting?"

Eunha stared at the paper in her hands. After years of not touching paper and pen, her reading ability was not far from a five year old's. Shaking her head, she looked confusedly up at Sowon.

"Well, uh, do you know what's going to happen?"

Sowon who hadn't realized that Eunha had no idea what was written on there, wondered whether Eunha would know about the city's firepower. Eunha tilted her head in confusion.

"I....can't read."

"Eh?"

Sowon accidentally took a breath and coughed a few times. Keeping her head straight, she took back the paper and pointed out the words.

"They want you back, at least, I think this is your little brother."

Eunha's eyes widened, causing Sowon some alarm.

"Hey hey hey hey, look here. You don't want to go back right? I promise I won't let them take you okay?"

Sowon hesitantly patted Eunha's back, the smaller girl seemed to shrink just a little.

"Did you care for your little brother?"

Eunha's small nod only confirmed Sowon's suspicions. It was likely that the little brother didn't want Eunha back for such simple reasons, rather, he was probably no different from his parents, trash. Sowon crumpled the paper in her hand.

"He wasn't a good kid was he?"

She had to make sure, she had to make sure that she wasn't about to begin hating the wrong person, and then accidentally bringing them harm if they ever crossed paths. Eunha saw Sowon's anger through the slight tremble in Sowon's voice and gritted teeth, she ducked and held her head in her hands, protecting herself like a roly poly would in danger.

"S-sorry."

Sowon stopped immediately and scooted back a little bit to let Eunha have her space.

"I didn't mean to scare you."

Eunha peeked out from her arms slowly. Sowon tried to give her a reassuring smile, but because she had fangs, it turned out a little funky and well, Yerin walked out at that perfect timing and started to laugh.

"Oi."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Unnie you haven't changed at allllllll!!! HAhahahahahahHA!"

"Shut up, I have extra long canines, it can't be helped that I can't smile with my mouth closed."

Yerin was rolling on the floor laughing and Eunha looked at her curiously before looking back at Sowon expectantly.

"What?"

She continued to stare, but looked to Yerin and back at her again.

"Smile?"

Eunha made a very slight nod that Sowon could only guess that she was curious but not wanting to make Sowon angry with it. Sighing, Sowon did her very best to smile, lifting the corners of her lips before they reached the point where her teeth then poked out and made the smile a little crooked.

"Happy?"

The quick nod quickly ended Sowon's terrible smile and she sighed to herself. Mistakenly breathing in again, Sowon held her nose and breath.

"Just a moment, I need to talk to Yerin."

Eunha sat obediently and waited for Sowon to come back.

=================

ayyyyyyyyyyy

it's like trying to keep the fangs in, but failing miraculously :D

next time, the house gets another scratch and Sowon's about blow a house down