offering pt 10

My wish is Sowon

Sowon quietly sneaked around the human city by her house, disappearing across the roofs faster than the people could notice. Even if it was a pain, keeping up with the gossip was very important for matching her plans and being prepared for raids and such. There was a small idea to learn whose little brother shot the arrow that had been embedded into her house, but she shook her head, she couldn't care less about how the humans felt about what she did. At least, on the outside.

The poor boy was probably devastated that the older sister that always took care of him was no longer there, she didn't fault him for hating her, but she did find it upsetting that she still hadn't managed to assure the townsfolk that all the girls she had been offered, where still very much alive unless they died of sickness in a far away province, of which, she wouldn't know about as once she had set them on a stable path of life, she'd leave and never look back.

Ducking under the ridge of the roof, Sowon spotted the town chief, their so called "noble" blood as they had presented. From what she was hearing already, the reason why they had let Eunha go was because a fortune teller, who had come by last month, Sowon had already checked on him that he didn't come on someone's orders, just in case of invasion by other vampires, but to think that he had actually suggested that they had some sort of misfortune coming unless they let go of their supposed "burden" that would bring said misfortune.

"Tch."

Sowon laid down flat against the roof, no one could see her unless they were on the hill a few miles away anyways. She listened as the family argued about the release of Eunha, that now there was no outlet that he shouldn't let it out on thier son, he wasn't letting it out on his son, the son was being punished for unreasonable behavior and more of the chief yelling at the wife for being so rude when her eyesore was gone. It was clear to Sowon that Eunha, albeit exploited, was keeping their family together in a twisted way as the mutually hated and abused person.

Not wanting to hear any more of their disgusting drivel of words, Sowon went back home, where a carrier pigeon that Yerin sent had arrived. Usually, all the animals the world could sense that she was not of the light and that she was a dangerous existence that one should not go near, but Yerin had very kindly decided to raise a bird from an egg, while Sowon was around, so that Sowon would appear good from the beginning. It didn't really work, since the disposition of her aura was not able to be masked, but at the least, the bird did not run from her.

[Eunha's hair, I cut it. It was for her comfort, but she's nervous about her scars, you know about them, I know because I washed her back of the dried medicine. Her neck is showing, and I know that you said that position doesn't matter, since you can hear the heartbeat from everywhere, but it's just a heads up. You're coming back for her tomorrow right? Just don't eat the poor girl. (>uO)]

Sowon stared quizzically at the weird face Yerin had drawn at the end, a wink? A bad drawing of a person? The message wasn't exactly getting through to her, but she understood now that Eunha was feeling awkward about her new haircut and well, not to stare too much at her neck. Not that she would bite.

She doesn't bite.

Not at all.

But what if Sowon could sme-

Sowon shook her head and quickly made circle around her house, checking to make sure that no one had come to vandalize it again. Finding none, Sowon went inside to meditate. If only her meditating wasn't thinking up different ways Yerin could mean by exposed neck.

----------------------------------

Eunha sat by the river as the sun began to set, Yerin had spent all morning telling her stories of when she was Sowon's offering and how Yerin had tried to smack Sowon in the face with an iron pan once and Sowon just batted the object straight out of her hands.

"She, didn't take the knife out of my hands."

If Sowon was against harming herself and others, and she had just taken Yerin's weapon from her, why didn't Sowon just grab the knife from Eunha that morning? Sowon had taken that knife to the hand, even if her skin had protected her from bleeding out and her enhanced healing had already taken care of it in seconds, there was still the moment when the knife was embedded into her palm.

Eunha covered her face, to think that she had tried to harm someone this nice. That's right, from what she had been learning from Yerin, unless they were lies, Sowon was really a kind...being. Eunha wanted to call her a person, but Sowon wasn't exactly, human. But does that matter? She looked into the river and stared at the ripples of it's flow, soon Yerin would come and get her for dinner.

Maybe she could ask what she should do about apologizing to Sowon. She really did want to apologize for hurting the vampire, but well, she wasn't sure how to without groveling on the floor and begging to be punished.

--------------------------

it's my birthday! wiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee at least it still is on my corner of the world, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter! next time, Eunha tries to become closer to Sowon and Sowon doesn't know how to respond!