a cold exterior pt 4

My wish is Sowon

Eunha walked carefully out of her classroom, break time had come. Her promise to meet Sowon at break so she would continue and finish the day's classes. Although late, Sowon really did attend class and the teachers were amazed. Remembering yesterday's events and how Sowon had run off and yet still followed her promise on going to class, she couldn't help but wonder why.

Turning the corner, she found Sowon already there, she was laying on her side on the floor, curled up as if taking a nap. Eunuha quietly sat next to her, staring as Sowon continued to slumber. Should she wake her? Was she feeling okay? Of course going back to class after a long absence could cause her immense stress or even just wear her out.

Without thinking, Eunha reached her hand out and set it on Sowon's head. She softly her long hair like a mother would to her baby.

"You did well going to class."

Retracting her hand, Eunha breathed a quiet sigh and looked up at the sky. Sowon wasn't a bad person, she had concluded that since the second time they had met. Sowon just appeared scary to others, on the inside, she was just a hurt girl. She drew her knees up and propped her chin on them.

"People react differently to different situations, it's totally understandable that one wouldn't like school."

A soft murmur came from beside her, Eunha looked at Sowon again. Her fair skin made Eunha want to know it's softness, but she held back. Looking at her phone, Eunha saw that break was almost over. The thought to wake her crossed her mind once more.

"Sojung ssi."

Sowon didn't budge, even when Eunha placed her hand on her shoulder, she didn't wake.

"Sojung ssi."

Eunha shook her lightly, and found herself staring into Sowon's sleepy eyes. Her eyes had finally opened slightly, upon seeing Eunha, she gave a lazy smile that Eunha had to look away from. How cute.

"Class is about to start, how could you even fall asleep in a place like this? All defenseless?"

"I'm not alone, you're here."

"I suppose so."

"We have a few minutes right?"

Sowon sat up, she rubbed her eyes and rolled her shoulder to stretch them a little, sore from sleeping on a floor. She sat up against the back wall and motioned Eunha over to sit between her legs. Confused, but obeying since technically Sowon hadn't gotten her part of the deal of touching her double chin, Eunha hesitantly sat between Sowon's knees. The senior leaned forwards pulling Eunha closer, practically engulfing Eunha's small frame in her arms as she wrapped around to touch Eunha's chin.

She prodded lightly, squishing the soft fat under Eunha's chin, absentminded rubs and the occasional catching of Sowon's nails on Eunha's throat made Eunha react. Her involuntary twitches and soft noises that escaped her were all noticed by Sowon. Behind Eunha, her cheeks had colored to a light pink, was this a sensitive area on Eunha that she reacted like this? Or rather, is it because it's someone else's touch that makes it all feel different? The break bell rang and Sowon dropped her hands, leaning back to let Eunha go, her cool facade back.

"Let's go, you promised to go to class."

Sowon reluctantly got up, ignoring Eunha's outstretched hand in order to stop herself from acting out of the ordinary. Stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jacket, Sowon shivered a little at the breeze against her legs. It had really been too long since she had worn a skirt. Even with stockings it was too breezy for her.

Eunha watched as Sowon trudged her way inside the school, the slight pout on her lips reminded her of a kid who just didn't want to go home from an amusement park or like who she was, a kid who didn't want to go to school.

"If I remember correctly, you have a test in your next class."

"What? I'm not going."

Sowon turned around and started to march back to her hiding place, but Eunha caught her by the back of her jacket.

"Nope, you're going to go to class otherwise you'll be breaking a promise."

"I don't care! It's a test! I don't wanna!"

"You're acting like a kid."

"If I'm a kid then you're a baby!"

"And if I offer you a reward for going to class? Even though technically you already took it during break."

Sowon peeked at Eunha's face, was this girl serious? After letting her harass her chin fat and bother her every break and even during classtime that she could be using to hang out with her friends, this Jung Eunbi was offering more?

"I see you looking, come on, aren't you curious?"

"If it's rubbing your chin again I have to refuse."

"Oh? Had enough already?"

Eunha steeled herself, she was making a bargain, she had to be confident in order to win it. Even if the trade is unfair, as long as you were confident and looked the part, you could win any fight.

"Then what if I said I would grant you a wish for even passing the test?"

"Then what if I wished for you to leave me alone?"

Eunha paused. Was this exam big enough to make Sowon drop out? No, but it was a test nonetheless. And if she didn't have to go find Sowon every now and again, would Sowon even graduate?

"Anything but that."

"All I want is to not attend class."

"Then should I bring the exam to you and proctor?"

"No! That's no different than just going to class and taking the exam!"

"You're whining a lot."

"And you're stubborn! Just leave me alone."

Sowon huffed and pulled her jacket from Eunha's grip, this action caused Eunha to panic, being confident wasn't working. Think Eunbi, think. How to convince Sowon to go to class?

"Fine, I'll leave you alone."

"Really?"

"For a week."

Sowon groaned and dragged her hand down her face.

"Fine, one week. Don't be surprised when you see my score."

She trudged inside and marched up the stairs as Eunha stared after her. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair before walking towards her classroom. If only she knew what Sowon liked, it would be easier to bribe her instead of arguing.

She grumbled as she walked into her classroom, with the way Sowon had went to class, Eunha was pretty certain that Sowon could actually pass. She was a smart person after all, just stubborn and childish at a point. Extremely cute and probably has a height complex as well as a minor fear of people, maybe even just a little lack of self confidence at times. A cold exterior was all it was anyways, right?

"Jungbi! We're going to the kitchens for cooking class! Get your apron and get a move on."

"Right, I'll be there soon!"

She thought to herself as she rummaged through her bag for her apron. Did Sowon like sweets? Maybe. She looked like the type to drink strong coffee, but then she was soft inside. Eunha slapped her own cheeks to clear her head.

"What am I even thinking about that for?? It's not like I'm going to cook for her."

She found her apron and hurried after her classmates.