a wife pt 5

My wish is Sowon

Eunha hummed as she chose oranges in the fruits section. As always, finding a nice and ripe orange was a difficult task. Flies get in the way, people get in the way, and well, some just had squish bruises on their undersides. Huffing after settling on five of the tart same name same colored fruits, Eunha checked her cart for all the things she had listed.

"All that's left is some chicken."

The refrigerator with the chicken was along the backwall, facing towards the snack aisles. Eunha wondered if she'd see Sowon in there, eyes sparkling as she took in all the candies of modern society. From what she had found in Sowon's kitchen, in terms of candy and chocolate, there were only a few remaining pieces of chocolate and caramel. Grocery-wise, there was very little to make a small variety of dinner from. How could a person live eating the same meal everyday a week? It befuddled Eunha how Sowon could ignore her cravings this well, but it was also possible that Sowon didn't have the time.

Spotting the chicken that was on sale, Eunha really did find Sowon. But she wasn't in the snack aisle. She was staring a different cuts of steak. Giggling to herself, Eunha quickly picked out the chicken before making her way to Sowon.

"Did you already pick out your snacks?"

Sowon jumped a little as Eunha had literally appeared at her side when she was busily thinking whether to get a thicker cut of steak.

"A-ah, yeah."

Sowon handed a bunch of ball shaped puff snack boxes to Eunha who put them neatly in the cart, it made Eunha smile at her childish taste in snacks.

"Did you want to eat steak?"

"Not really, just curious if it'd taste better medium or medium well."

Eunha looked at where Sowon was looking, only to get pulled away.

"Come on, let's get checked out."

"But unnie we should-"

"I'll get it when it's on a better sale."

Eunnha pouted a little, looking back at the steak as they walked away. Steak didn't go on sale often.

-----------------

"Sowon unnie, what do you want for lunch?"

Sowon looked up from the tv, she had been watching the news and afternoon drama as Eunha had put away the stuff in the refrigerator after getting chased out by her shorter wife.

"I'm craving a little pizza."

"You want take out?"

Sowon looked carefully at Eunha. Her question had a tone that kind of sounded like 'you'd order take out when you have a perfectly great chef of a wife to make home cooked food for you???'. Swallowing, Sowon nodded. It couldn't be that, nobody would willingly make more work for themselves after all.

"Okay, unnie can pick then."

"I-I just thought it'd be nice if you didn't have to wash the dishes."

Eunha looked up from the small magnet that had all the pizza flavors and the pizza store phone number.

"Dishes aren't too hard to do."

"Yea b-but...ugh forget it, we're getting pizza!"

Eunha giggled as Sowon gave up on explaining what she wanted to say. Though, Eunha had already understood it from her bodily language. Her timid but assertive posture, nervous about upsetting Eunha, but also caring for Eunha. Eunha had said that washing the dishes wasn't too hard to do, but it was a chore after all.

 She's so nice, not wanting me to strain myself, even if it isn't much.

Eunha looked around the livingroom as Sowon ordered. She had been sleeping on the couch they were now seated on, so it wasn't like it was unfamiliar to look at, but she hadn't really stared at every little detail before. There were small trinkets everywhere with a few animal statues and only one photo. It showed Sowon with her family when she had graduated university.

"...and 2 bottles of beer. Yes. Thank you."

Wait, did Sowon say beer? Eunha looked at Sowon who breathed out slowly, not only did she order beer, did Sowon have small anxiety towards talking on phones? The things she learns everyday are so new and different, that Eunha didn't know how to feel about it. Happy that Sowon is showing more sides of herself? Or upset that she'll be too attached after six months?

Blushing at the small grumble of her stomach, Sowon smiled and patted her head softly, making Eunha close her eyes. It had been so long since she had felt such a warm headpat.

==================

headpaaaaaatssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!