Looking up

My wish is Sowon

Looking up is a pain.

It hurts the neck.

It's a pain to listen to a higher up you don't like.

It painfully reminds you that you're not on top. Especially that you're short.

I am by no means, considered short. Among my friends, I was the taller. Yet, here, I'm the shortest.

Everyone who used to say that I was tall, now tease me and call me short, even when I'm taller than them.

"I said I wasn't short."

For the me that had enough for a day, I crossed my arms and puff my cheeks, it didn't matter how much people were going to comment on my cheeks, I can handle that much. But with my height, there's a difference of immediate inferiority complex. Cheeks? There's no superiority to it, nor inferior side of it.

"I know you're not."

A hand lands on my head and I poke my tongue into my cheek, say that again when your hand isn't on my head. Looking up through my bangs that should usually be either brushed aside or in their curlers, I make eye contact.

"Eunha yah."

She's calling me, but for a moment, I didn't realize it. It was her giggles that made me turn red and look away. Curse this tall lady. Sometimes she plays nice and she tells the others off, even if everybody teases me, all of our members would at one point realize my boiling blood and remind everyone once in a while, that I wasn't short. Just not in this group.

"Eunha yah, you're pretty childish for still caring after this long."

I open my mouth to say something smart but there really wasn't anything but a quiet whine I could muster against that expression. Sowon unnie always likes to play with me and my hands, poking my cheek and teasing me. I get it, my reactions are cute to them, at the cost of my expense. But the times when she's teasing me on purpose, there's a twinkle in her eyes. Right now, that wasn't there, and she was talking genuinely. Was there an unscheduled heart to heart meeting going on right now?

"I mean, you like our height difference, don't you?"

Again, I couldn't say anything. It wasn't like I liked being small. But I liked being small specifically in her arms. I liked the way that my shoulders were narrow enough that I could be wrapped completedly by her. I liked the way that I could just curl up in her lap completely and she'd be able to hug me all over. Materialistically I could use the excuse that her height gave her a longer padding jacket and thus the warmest when out in the wind, but I wasn't such a girl.

"Let's just say I like your height unnie."

Sowon raised her eyebrows but nodded anyways, taking a seat on the couch just outside of the kitchen that I was oh so bitterly drinking water from.

"The grass is greener on the other side, it always is."

I puff my cheeks again. That wasn't what I was trying to say. I mean, I would like to be that tall, but also I liked that she was the way she was. The perks of being tall, I knew very well just from living with her. I knew the downs as well.

"I'm not envious of your height."

"Oh?"

I boldly walk over to her, leaning against the armrest to assert my dominance, or well, charisma more like. I do fancy being called a girl crush after all.

"I just don't like being looked down on, or being called the shortest. It's not like I'm a weak link, am I?"

"You absolutely are not."

Her grin had my "charisma" melting. Would she mind if I just snuggled up next to her like a grumpy cat that wanted attention but also didn't want attention? Ignoring the boring monologue within me, I flop down next to her and she immediately swings her arm around my shoulders. Did I mention that I liked that too?

"Are you feeling better now?"

"As if it could be solved over a cup of cold water, but I'll live."

I could just be trying to get her to cuddle me.

"Well, whatever others think, really doesn't matter does it?"

I sigh as she begins one of her speechs again, how many times have I heard it? Millions, even if it is 100 percent true, you can't help the irregularity of human emotions. I subconciously leaned to her side more, I realize this when her hand squeezes my upper arm.

"As long as unnie doesn't over tease me I think that's enough."

Her grin showed that she knew I didn't need to listen to her lesson on brushing off things. But what stunned me was the kiss on the forehead I received. The action was quick and I was just looking up at the spot she had kissed, my eyes crossed just a little and she burst into giggles. I open and close my mouth in response, but just end up puffing my cheeks in annoyance.

"That's one of your teases again. Stop catching me off guard!"

Between her giggles she breathlessly retorts that I do that same. Well, even if that's true, I can't do it all the time. She needs to be sitting, or- we're sitting. Darting forwards and kissing her on the bottom of her chin, I shut up her laughter and triumphantly grin. Getting off the couch, I start to walk back to my room.

"Unnie, it's getting late, so you better sleep soon."

"Even though you're going to be awake as usual?"

Her amused voice trails behind me, but I know that she's going to bed soon anyways. If I were able to ask her to share a bed, I'd probably sleep better, but it's enough for now just to drift off as I play my games and watch my movies.

It's not like she's mine only after all.

But she's the only person I like looking up at.

=======================

ay a drabble

because of staying home, I have to deal with family attentions and such

oh and dad says I have to be in bed by midnight....I'm 21!!!! I can sleep when I wanna!

but like anyways, since i couldn't write, I'd been having weird dreams, so I was like damn gotta write soon before I go crazy and then this weird chapter happened

and for anyone who does care for sinrin and don't follow my practically nonexistent twitter, I ain't writing that ship anymore, forever. Not that I don't love them, I really do, but it's punishment for Esra who didn't do her homework before playing.

Maybe I'll write sinrin one day when she makes something up to me. It's not like I'll die from not writing sinrin, just change all their names when I write.

(yea, I'm childish) sorry for long and unnecessary a/n :D