a wife

My wish is Sowon

an au where you could rent wives, a business aimed only towards busy women. I think there was a short manga with this idea but I don't remember the name? but credits to that author :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sowon unnie, you're overworking yourself again."

Yerin sighed as Sowon ignored her again, focused on typing in words that meant nothing but everything to the person on the other end of the contract.

"Unnie, are you even eating properly?"

"I make my own food, it's fine."

"It isn't instant food is it?"

Sowon hit the save button and rubbed her eyes.

"Sometimes."

"Please tell me that sometimes is not more often than not."

Shutting off her computer and grabbing her bag, Sowon threw her jacket over her shoulder and ushered Yerin out of her office.

"Come on, we're late for the company dinner."

Sowon was a manager at an electronics company and was usually in charge of the whole floor aside from getting contracts drafted and finalized, Yerin's job was to meet the buyers and convince them to sign the contracts that Sowon wrote. Lately, Sowon had seemed extremely tired and Yerin had wanted to do something for her.

"Unnie, let's go all out today hm? I'll have SinB drive us home okay?"

"Who? Right, your wife."

"You should get one too."

"You say that as if getting a wife is as easy as buying a candy at the supermarket."

"What if it was?"

"That's wrong then, don't sell women, don't sell humans at all."

"But it's kind of like a maid service?"

"You're serving your wife more than she is serving you."

Yerin chuckled, maybe that was true. But there was no way she could secure Sowon's sanity unless she wasn't, completely, sober.

"I'll pour you all the drinks anyways unnie!"

"You're seriously going to try and get me blackout drunk?"

"That's the plan!"

Sowon sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she walked into the bar.

"You better make sure I make it home, cuz right now, that doesn't sound too bad."

Yerin grinned and took her seat next to Sowon. She had no idea what she was going to get the next morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon groaned as she woke up in her bed, her head throbbed in pain with every movement and she was glad that she didn't have to go to work this day, but she regreted that her body automatically woke her up at 7am.

"Shiiiiiit, I really got smashed didn't I? Ugh."

Stumbling into the bathroom to wash her face, she grabbed her emergency medicines before her phone dinged. Squinting at the screen with her toothbrush in , confusion settled on her features. Pressing call, she hoped Yerin would pick up.

"Good morning unnie!"

"You sound like you weren't out drinking last night, I can't remember a thing."

"Ohoho! I assume you are regretting all your life decisions as your head throbs uncontrollably despite having taking a painkiller?"

"Yea, you crazy psychic."

"Something tells me you haven't seen what disaster you signed yesterday."

"Signed?! What? WHAT DID I SIGN? DID I DRUNKENLY CONTACT OUR BUYERS?"

Sowon was beginning to panic, she had never ever done anything as stupid as that before, but she was really worried if that was what had happened, her job would be in danger!

"No silly, look around the house, you're not alone anymore."

With that, Yerin cut the line. Confused, Sowon finished washing and stepped into the living room, ready to make breakfast for herself.

"Ah! Good morning Sojung unnie!"

Sowon froze.

"WHO ARE YOU!?"

The petite girl in her kitchen jumped at her loud voice. Sowon instantly regretted scaring her, she looked innocent but Sowon couldn't remember ever letting her in.

"I'm Eunha, your wife."

"Wife? I have a wife?"

Sowon pinched herself and groaned as her head hurt all over again.

"What did I do? I'm sorry if I forced you into coming with me or anything but you can go back to your life."

"This is my life though?"

She tilted her head just slightly in the way that made her cuteness increase and attack Sowon's heart. Of all the people she had managed to kidnap, why did she kidnap one that fit her tastes perfectly?

"I'll be here for six months as the contract says."

She smiled at Sowon.

"You should hurry and eat breakfast before it gets cold."

Sowon blinked. Contract. Signing. Yerin and wife. She groaned and sat down at the dining table, picking up her chopsticks dejectedly.

"I got tricked when I was drunk."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's not your fault I'm just a stupid idiot."

Eunha stepped over and held Sowon's cheeks gently, making her look up.

"Hey, you're no idiot. You might be real tall and pretty, but beauty never made anyone dumb, right?"

Sowon blushed, okay, maybe having a wife wasn't that bad. But still, she didn't like that this girl, Eunha, was selling herself to work for other people under the name of 'wife'. That should be saved for the time one got married to the person they loved after all.

"Do you have the contract? Or like know where it is?"

"It's on the coffee table, but you should check it after you eat, I know you skip breakfast often."

"Wow, did a background check to make sure I wasn't a bad lady?"

Eunha only smiled.

"Of course."

Sowon sighed, maybe this girl was only being nice because of her job, that made her stomach churn a bit. Still, warm food was warm food. She ate the rice and side dishes gingerly, trying not to move more than necessary to avoid headsplitting aches.

"Are you going to be living here?"

"Yes, in fact my stuff has already be settled."

"Eh?"

"Your friend, Yerin unnie helped me move in when you were puking in the bathroom. She told me that you didn't eat properly so I had to make sure you get all three meals and a proper bath to relax in. Of course, cleaning should be-"

Eunha looked around the apartment, Sowon already kept everything very clean, it was one of the reasons why she didn't quite need a wife as her personality was more like nothing gets done unless you do it yourself.

"Well, I'll do your laundry I suppose, I wouldn't want to mess up any system you already have in place."

"Thanks."

Sowon chewed her rice slowly, staring into space when she noticed something.

"You're not eating?"

"Ah, I don't-"

"Eat with me next time alright? Don't stand there like an actual maid."

"Right."

Sowon sighed, once she finished breakfast she needed a shower and then prepare for the next day's materials for work, hopefully she could get home to make her own dinner and eat before midnight. She paused in her mental scheduling, wait Eunha would be making her dinner, she could have food as soon as she made it home, or at least that was the idea.

"Say, tomorrow, I'll be out till late, so you can have dinner first if you want to."

"You want me to put yours in the refrigerator?"

"Mm, that's more than enough for me. I'll leave you to the cleaning then, I have work to do."

Might as well get what her money was worth. Sowon went to the coffee table, picking up the contract. Searching for the price, Sowon's eyes widened before she held her head again. Curse that Yerin. Now she couldn't buy a new tv until the next year! Then again, she wasn't home often enough to use it....Sowon sighed and went to the bathroom.

Eunha watched as Sowon walked around the house, she was told that Sowon was a rather strict person and that she might get really angry once she found out she had paid for such a thing. But so far, Sowon seemed to be alright. She was really pretty, so that was a plus. Eunha blushed and looked back to the dishes.

"Idiot, don't go falling in love with your clients."

===============

maaaaaaaaaaaaybe a sequel is possible