the word love

My wish is Sowon

Eunha was spacing out on the couch in their dorm, her hands gathered in her lap as she stared at them, perhaps deep in thought when Sowon saw her.

"Eunha? What are you up to?"

"Eung? Nothing, just thinking to myself."

Sowon hummed and got herself a mug of hot chocolate, sitting at the kitchen table, but still looking at Eunha through the doorway.

"What about?"

Eunha blinked slowly as she gathered her thoughts, maybe telling Sowon would help, since it kind of, just kind of involved her as well.

"I was told, that authors, when they write, avoid using love."

"But there's a romance genre?"

"No, not the concept, I mean the word. They don't use the word love, because there are so many ways to interpret it, it's not specific enough to describe the feeling that they want."

"That's deep."

Eunha smiled, see? She wasn't that bad of an airhead, she had done well in school after all.

"But if that's the case, why do we use love so freely when saying it in daily conversation?"

"Because we understand each other easily without using our words?"

"I guess so."

Sowon put her mug in the sink, filling it with water to leave for washing later. Returning to the livingroom, she took a seat beside Eunha. Was she feeling lonely? Did she want some love? But what kind of love? Was it time for her to go out and meet a boyfriend? Her heart squeezed just a little thinking about the possibilities that Eunha was thinking or feeling of. Perhaps understanding each other without words was only surface level conncetion between them, maybe she was a bad leader who couldn't read her members.

"Aha! No, I think the reason why we can say it so easily is because when we speak, we have tones."

"I love the tone of your voice."

Eunha blushed a little at the out of place compliment, still she blew a quick kiss to Sowon who just smiled back.

"We can infer from each other's tones what each love means, Yerin unnie says her love to use everyday, because she truly cares for us like her family."

Sowon reached over and started to play with Eunha's hair, it was growing longer and longer as time went by. She kind of missed the bob haired Eunha, she was the epitome of cuteness in her opinion, but Eunha was always cute. Even with long straight hair, curled extensions, Sowon just loved all the styles Eunha had tried.

"Then what do you suppose I mean, when I say, I love you?"

Eunha looked at Sowon who looked back at her with an intensity.

"Unnie?"

"I love you Jung Eunbi."

Sowon watched with piqued interest as Eunha's cheeks started to get pink, burning into red as they continued to stare. Eventually, Sowon giggled and hugged Eunha, wrapping her arms around Eunha's head softly.

"You're just the cutest!"

"I mean, how can I not blush? Unnie was so honest with her feelings right then."

"Honest?"

"Eung."

Eunha nodded a little, still in Sowon's hug, her cheek pressed against the soft material of Sowon's sweater. She carefully put her arms around Sowon's slender waist.

"Then should I explain myself for being honest?"

"I'd like to hear it."

Sowon kissed the top of Eunha's head, making her wiggle just a little.

"When I say I love you that way, I mean that I love the way you make me feel."

"Feel?"

"Mm, the way my heart skips a beat everytime you do aegyo, how I have to play it off coolly whenever there's a camera, sometimes I think it's unfair that I have a heart that's so easily swayed by you."

Eunha could feel her ears turning hotter as Sowon continued.

"I love you when you listen to me, it might be because you're a homebody and a lazy person so that it would be a pain to leave me when I'm talking, but the way you pay me attention different from our Muji reminds me that it's okay to be me."

"I did wrong you that time unnie, I was a little immature at that time."

Sowon patted Eunha's head.

"We all grow over time, but I'm not done yet."

"Eh? There's more?"

"Always more."

Eunha scooted a little to be more comfortable, even if this would take forever, she wouldn't mind it, really.

"I love the way you smile, and the way it makes me smile even when there's nothing funny. It's contagious. Your little smiles, your big laughs, your shy smiles, when you're embarassed beyond control. I love every expression you make."

"Even when I cry?"

"Even when you cry, but I love your smile more. Haven't you heard of how people feel about their lovers? Wanting to know every face they can make?"

"Of course unnie, but unnie is confessing her love for me right now and I don't know how to feel about it."

"You don't have to feel anything about it besides letting me love you, I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend after all."

Eunha paused, her smile a little off. Pulling away from Sowon's hug, she looked up at her leader, her lower lip jutting just barely out, clearly showing she was holding back a pout.

"Why don't you?"

"I mean-"

"Am I not girlfriend material?"

"That's not-"

"Is your love the sisterly kind? I see now that I was naive, you can't always tell words by tone can you?"

Eunha crossed her arms as Sowon wondered how to approach her.

"I-....Eunha yah. You know how I'm a coward, right?"

"You're not. Not when you're a professional idol who goes on runways and in beauty programs."

Sowon chuckled and looked down.

"I'm a coward, you know it. Despite our jobs and what I do, I'm a coward who can't ask someone who isn't feeling mutually."

Eunha puffed a deep sigh, reaching her hands up to Sowon's cheeks, squishing them as she forced their eyes to meet.

"Who said I wasn't?"

====================

man, writer's block isn't fun....was this even any good? I'll go back to copying and pasting the other chapters...maybe they'll hold out until I can write again...