a cold exterior pt 7

My wish is Sowon

Here she is, sat in a library, textbooks and workbooks laid open before her. Sowon groaned as she held her head in her hands. How in the world would she ever learn the materials for the exam? Balancing her pencil on her upper lip as she thought about how to start, because starting is always the hardest part, Sowon's thoughts drifted off towards a certain shorter than her, younger than her, cutie.

"I wonder what she's doing right now."

"If you're talking about me, I'm not stalking you."

Jolting upright in her seat, Sowon's chair squeaked as she turned to face the very voice of the person she was thinking of.

"Eunbi."

"Hey, did you start yet?"

Sowon shook her head timidly as Eunha sat across from her, pulling out a book to read.

"I'll keep you company."

Nodding to nothing in particular, Sowon looked up from the table to peek at Eunha who was really just reading her book, not even looking at Sowon. Pouting a bit, Sowon picked up her pencil and started to read her textbook.

Eunha took a peek every now and then, hiding her smile behind her book whenever she saw Sowon rubbing her head in confusion, frustration, even when Sowon had switched to using a pen to change up her writing to keep her from boredom and illegible notes and accidentally marked her cheek when she was pulling back her long hair. But she kept quiet, Sowon was working hard, she could help her later to remove it, a ballpoint pen's ink could be removed with just a wet tissue.

Looking back to her book, Eunha frowned just a little when she noticed she had barely read a few pages, but remembered that the reason for her distractions was the cool beauty before her. Shutting her book as she gave up concentrating on it, Eunha looked towards the exit of the library, noting that the sun was starting to go down.

"Sojung unnie."

Sowon didn't respond, her pen tapping against her lips as she was trying to figure out a question.

"Sojung unnie."

Head jerking upwards, Eunha giggled as Sowon looked so cute with her warm brown eyes widened with attention, slightly parted in a silent 'huh?'.

"It's time to go, the sun is setting."

Sowon glanced to the exit and looked back at her papers, she rubbed her palm on the edge of her paper, getting some ink off. Freezing as a hand came close to her face, Sowon stared as Eunha gently smudged off the ink on her cheek.

"You were so focused you didn't even notice you marked your face, silly."

"Th-thanks."

"Come on, take a break and let's get something to eat."

Sowon nodded and proceeded to shove everything into her backpack in a hurry, wanting go with Eunha anywhere as fast as she could. Eunha's smile and her outstretched hand made her feel warmer as her heart beat out of rhythm. Still, she took Eunha's hand and did her best to calm down.

"Wh-ere are we going?"

"I was just thinking we should probably go to the convenience store, since it's dinner time, or we could go eat at some street stalls that are along the way instead of taking the bus towards my house."

Looking at their surroundings, Sowon picked to go to the convenience store, it was getting late since it was already dinner time, and she didn't want to keep Eunha out so late into the dark.

"You can't complain about the taste then!"

"I won't."

Eunha smiled, noticing that Sowon was matching her walking pace, she gently squeezed Sowon's hand.

"Did you get through as much as you could at the library?"

"Huh? Um, yeah. I think, if I continue to study when I get home, I can pass. Maybe."

"If there's a will, there's a way. Unnie can do it, I believe in you."

Sowon chuckled a little at the saying.

"Still, it would help if I had more motivation."

"Heol, you want more than being friends?"

Sowon blushed at the way Eunha said it, she knew that Eunha was just teasing her, asking for more but the way her mind was going, she could've sworn that Eunha would be saying to be more than friends. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Sowon cleared as Eunha giggled.

"I'm kidding, what would motivate you?"

"Dunno."

"I'm still holding onto that wish of yours."

"Huh? Wish?"

Eunha stopped to look up at Sowon.

"Yeah, your wish. You asked me to visit you even when you're not skipping."

Oh, that wish. Sowon scratched her cheek as she pulled Eunha's hand lightly, moving them towards the convenience store.

"Well, I figured that might be too much."

"How so?"

"I mean, you're studying for your classes as well, I shouldn't bother you more than I already do."

"If that's so, then stop skipping class!"

Sowon was surprised at the playful punch to her arm, rubbing it even though it didn't hurt, Sowon smiled at the warmth.

"No way."

"Meanie~!"

"Haha."