Offering pt 4

My wish is Sowon

Sowon took a break by a river, setting Eunha down finally, oddly the girl hadn't complained about being halfway upside down for the duration of the trip, and well, she didn't look too healthy in the first place.

"Sorry, if I'm being rough, but you're really not helping yourself."

Eunha coughed a little, her stomach really wasn't holding up well, but she absolutely couldn't afford to throw up. Sowon watched her curiously as she curled in on herself.

"If you need to hurl, you really should."

Eunha shook her head, perhaps her discomfort has loosened up her attitude, was she desperate?

"Is there a reason for trying to stop from throwing up? Tell me and I'll fix it."

This caused hesitation, would Sowon really help her? After all, she had been nothing but nice besides her little assassination attempt.

"I can't throw up. I won't throw up."

"That's what I'm asking, why? If you tell me, I'll leave you alone okay?"

Sowon was getting frustrated again, she sighed running her hand through her hair. Eunha had caused her nothing but stress, if those humans still feared her, then perhaps all she could do was to move away, even if her daily pleasure for living there was to listen to their bustling around. Silence always followed her, and she hated it. Even if she tried to keep a girl in her house, some human would find out and then freak out, for no apparent reason. Something was just wrong with everyone around her, they should be happy that their daughter was still alive, but instead, they freak out and scream about not being able to satisfy her tastes.

"I don't know when I'm going to eat again, I can't- ugh- I won't have enough energy to-"

Eunha stopped talking, her cheeks turned pale. Quickly cowering before Sowon, Eunha sobbed silently.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Unnerved, Sowon couldn't move. Eunha kept apologizing like she was begging and it scared Sowon. Snapping out of it and kneeling to Eunha, she patted her back softly. To think that they even starved this poor girl to the point of having to keep food down by force. Eunha must have experienced losing food that she had managed to get down more than just a few times.

"Stop apologizing."

Eunha silenced immediately, her small body trembling.

"I have some bread on me, if you need to throw up, please do. Here, you can hold onto this."

Sowon untucked a bread roll from her pockets. Eunha slowly sat up, Sowon held Eunha's hand, placing the bread in her palms.

"I'll be nearby, rest a little."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon jumped up to the top of a large tree, sitting on the branch and leaning against the trunk. If she could scream without Eunha hearing her, she probably would have hollered real loudly into the forest. STRESS! Or something like that. The thing was, by the way Eunha was reacting to her and everything that she did, whether in accident or on purpose, it would take several years before she could return to normal human life. At least, in Sowon's opinion of normal human life.

"If I taught her something and had her focus on one thing the entire time, would it help?"

Sowon toyed with a small dagger she kept for gutting animals, flipping it across her fingers nimbly. She often did things like this, fumbling small items to keep her hand occupied, she sometimes wondered if her past life as a human was a child with too much energy and got herself into trouble by running off, but then she would've remained in a child's body for eternity. Eternity, but actually vampires do die of old age. Although their outward appearances remain the same forever, their blood to energy conversion rate does slow down, though Sowon had no idea how long it could be, since she had met a vampire who had several thousand years under their belt.

"My mind has wandered off again, turning her into a vampire is a bad idea, no matter who."

She once had the idea to cure her loneliness by changing another human to keep her company, but from her experience, being a vampire wasn't fun when everyone hated you for it.

Throwing a pebble as far as she could, Sowon sighed and dropped back down, heading back towards Eunha's heart rate. She sounded to be better than earlier, less frantic pumping of her heart, less heavy breaths.

"Eunha can we move again?"

Sowon halted, there was a wolf standing before Eunha who sat very very still. If the wolf wasn't growling, she could've seen it as amusing that Eunha's unwillingness to budge from her spot would save her life. How the wolf got under her radar made her a little annoyed, but otherwise unhurried. Stepping in between the two, she bared her fangs just a little as a warning. The wolf snarled louder and Sowon sighed. Having eaten the night before, it was unnecessary to drink again, but if this wolf didn't leave, then the blood would go to waste.

"I guess I'll have to skip eating next week."

She dropped into a lowered crouch, getting as close to the floor as she could before exploding forwards in an impressive display of speed, the wolf was finished in an instant, she had snapped it's neck. Sowon hummed as Eunha remained frozen, she was going to bite it, but having Eunha watch her probably wasn't a good idea. Since the wolf didn't leak any blood in the first place, she wondered if the village would lend her a pot to take the blood, though the taste of the blood would deteriorate over time, she could bear it.

"Are you alright Eunha?"

Eunha gave a timid nod. Sowon hefted the wolf onto her shoulder the way she had carried Eunha, they weren't far from the village now, so she offered her other hand to Eunha.

"Come on, we should make it to the village before sunset."

She waited for Eunha to take her hand, and when she did, she did her best to give a nice smile. Now that she showed she could protect Eunha, hopefully her opinion of the vampire was changing, even if just a little.