Happy Eunha day pt 2

My wish is Sowon

After the accidental exposure of how much Sowon observed Eunha when she wasn’t aware, there seemed to be more chances for Eunha to talk to Sowon. Not only did she come home around late afternoon instead of 9pm each day, the time that Sowon was stuck in front of her laptop typing away was a lot less as Eunha had finally caught her doing something out of the norm. Sowon had fallen asleep sitting on the couch, her tablet with the same mind-boggling spreadsheets falling slowly out of her hands.

Eunha helpfully turned the screen off and put the tablet onto the coffee table before the couch, there was sunlight coming from the window but Eunha only noticed that it was there when she stepped away. Going over to close the blinds, Eunha wondered if she should go grab a blanket for the taller as well. Not exactly feeling the bravery to go into the guest room that was just Sowon’s room by herself, she reluctantly brought out her smaller blanket and laid it gently on Sowon.

She returned to her room and continued to play her games, sometimes shivering from the cold though only because she wasn’t moving around and well, she had sacrificed her blanket to the sleeping beauty on the couch. A few hours later when Eunha had found that she had fallen asleep watching a random movie, her blanket was back as well as a thermos of hot chocolate by her bedside. There was also a note that warned that Sowon wasn’t home because of a dinner meeting that she had to attend.

Speaking of dinner, today Eunha didn’t have plans to go out.

Looking into the rest of the darkened house and pondering what to do about food, Eunha ordered a pizza and then dumped herself onto the couch to wait for it to arrive, staring into space. Did they ever have a dinner together? There was the wedding night dinner, but even then, they weren’t exactly alone and well, Eunha had to smile at everything so it wasn’t very fun. Sowon on the other hand had a very small smile that only appeared when she realized she was being focused on or talked to. Maybe she should invite Sowon to a dinner so they could try again to become closer.

There was no way that they were going to be able to get a divorce easily, and well, to Eunha, there wasn’t really a reason to unless she hated the other, she had already come to see that finding love for herself was hard and there just never seemed to be a nice person. At the least, she wanted to become friends so that she could at least say something when they would eventually get called to eat with either’s parents.

Receiving her pizza and sitting alone at the dinner table, Eunha texted her friends for advice.

 

 

At first, Eunha wasn’t feeling the nervousness that those who wrote about their first date experiences talked about, talking topics? There was silence as always, and it bothered no one. But when they were just quietly eating the dinner that was being served to them, even the waiter started to get worried.

“Um, unnie.”

“Yes?”

“Do you…have any hobbies?”

Sowon took her time to eat another bite before coming up with an answer.

“Not really?”

“Eh?”

“Does taking naps count?”

“Eh??”

At this point Eunha was just getting more and more confused how a person could live the way that Sowon did. Not only did she not indulge in anything at all, she did not have a hobby to destress to.

“Then how do you destress?”

“…everyone talks to me about that to be honest.”

What was that kind of response? Everyone that talked to her knew that Sowon didn’t destress?

“They’re always emotionally charged whenever I answer.”

“How so?”

“Well, I’m not lying when I say I don’t understand them.”

Eunha blinked a few more times trying to comprehend what Sowon was saying. In her conversation, there were a few gaps, this just points out that their thought process is a little different. If she is saying that she didn’t lie, then she’s telling Eunha that she was probably accused of doing so after answering that she didn’t understand.

“So, you don’t feel stress?”

“Perhaps.”

Humming in understanding, Eunha continued to cut at her steak. From the way that Sowon was just working around the clock and everything in the house was so neat, it would make sense that she had her job under control, which also mean that she was timely, so that she would never have to cram and stress at all.

“But you also don’t have fun.”

Again, Sowon was unable to express her thoughts properly.

“Does it bother you?”

This time, Sowon looked up and into Eunha’s eyes. She definitely had never experienced anything like a party in her life. As expected of the second princess of the Kim household, sheltered to the extreme. Running a hand through her short hair, Eunha sent her friends a message.

“We’re going to a bar after this.”

“Eh?”

Eunha had the urge, a feeling, that she wanted to see this person having fun.

 

 

Eunha watched Sowon in the corner of her eyes as she was surrounded by her friends, she seemed to be doing fine, responding when asked a question, but the cup in her hand was never refilled.

“So, you really just spend all day working hard for your father’s company?”

“Um, yes.”

“Wow. You’ve got like, no will?”

Sowon only chuckled apologetically and Eunha was beginning to regret bringing her to this bar. Not only were the people that began to surround Sowon because of her beauty and height, Eunha really wasn’t seeing what she wanted. Grabbing Sowon’s wrist and pulling her towards the exit, Sowon quickly put down her cup as Eunha just told her friends that she’ll pay them back later before leaving the bar completely.

“What’s wrong Eunha?”

Eunha rubbed her face, she knew that she was at least tipsy if not already drunk, but she wasn’t the kind to just start crying out of nowhere, so she believed that she was going to be fine.

“Why won’t you smile?”

“I’m sorry?”

There was a small smile, but to Eunha, it didn’t seem genuine. Getting into a taxi and getting their address put into the GPS properly, Eunha sighed and leaned against the window, closing her eyes. Sowon looked worriedly at Eunha but held back from comforting her, only collecting her from the taxi, barely awake.

“We’re home Eunha.”

“Hey, Sojung?”

“W-what is it?”

“You’re weird.”

“O-okay?”

Eunha could feel Sowon pulling her inside and setting her on the couch.

“You’re also pretty.”

“Thank you?”

“Hey Sojung?”

“Y-yes?”

“You should tell me about yourself.”

Then she was out.

Eunha blinked as she woke up as usual in her bed, the familiar ceiling, the familiar wallpapers. Throwing her arm over her eyes, she sighed. Nothing has changed has it? She did see how Sowon would react in a different environment, only to dislike what she saw. Perhaps she was just never going to get along with Sowon as well as she wanted to. Slowly going into the kitchen, Eunha blinked as Sowon was there, cooking yet again, another hangover stew.

“Sorry.”

“Good morning.”

“Morning…listen, I’m really sorry for bringing you to that kind of place.”

Sowon hummed and served her a bowl and then sat down in front of Eunha, different than usual. A little alert and wary of Sowon’s actions, Eunha quietly ate.

“You’re…not going to work today?”

“No.”

“….why not?”

“You wanted me to talk to you.”

“Oh.”

Eunha looked down at her bowl, then looked back up.

“Wait huh?”

“For that matter, I’ve taken this whole week off in order to fulfill that wish.”

Eunha choked out a nervous giggle, which then turned into a louder chuckle, then she was just smiling.

“You’re a little too serious about the way you do things, aren’t you?”

Sowon only met her gaze very seriously.

“Of course.”

“That’s exactly what I’d like to change.”

Sowon finally made an expression that Eunha had not seen before, her chin now set on her hands that leaned on the table between them as she leaned forwards. Did she use this charismatic aura when she was in a meeting?

“Oh really?”

“Hey, isn’t it unfair to not be expressing all this before I decided to make you talk?”

Even if she was brushing off how differently Sowon was acting to the usual, her insides were beginning to feel a little funnier.

“Well, if you have interest in me, then I will do things differently.”

Her chuckled exposed a genuine smile that Eunha was dazed by.

“You face shows everything you’re thinking you know?”

Eunha quickly covered her cheeks but didn’t dare look away from Sowon. Then her soft laughter brought Eunha back down carefully from the weird anticipation building in her chest.

“Sorry, I wondered how you would react.”

“Oh?”

Her strong aura was gone and Eunha felt like it was better to speak quietly.

“What do you want me to do Eunha?”

“Eh? Anything you truly want to do I guess.”

“And if I don’t know what that means?”

Eunha threaded her hands together out of nervousness that she didn’t know where from and sighed.

“I don’t know, I’m not very smart. But I still think that you should do more than just work.”

“Then may I study you more?”

“Study?”

Sowon looked away with her cheeks lightly colored pink.

“I find your ability to do whatever you please….attractive to say the least.”

“I’m just wasting my life away playing games and fooling around with friends though?”

“Mm, but you don’t work for a boss.”

“I guess so, but there’s my mom too.”

Sowon stood up and took Eunha’s empty bowl to place in the sink.

“But you also did stocks to earn your own money didn’t you?”

Eunha shrunk a little, Sowon was really viewing her too highly. The money she earned form stocks was really out of her own selfishness, and nothing like the way Sowon was describing her to be. She may as well be looking at Eunha through a magic lens.

“Unnie do you ever want to rebel against your parents?”

“They give me no reason to?”

“I mean, isn’t there ever a time you get mad then?”

Sowon hummed as she washed Eunha’s bowl casually.

“I guess when the schedules are not met on time, I do get a little irked, but I usually have a fallback window set up so it never really bothers me too much.”

“You’ve got the whole world figured out then.”

Sowon came back to the table, standing before Eunha.

“Maybe, but not you.”

“Then why didn’t you investigate from the beginning?”

Then there was a shy cheek scratch that made the corners of Eunha’s mouth curve up.

“I didn’t know how, I was just….shy I guess.”

“Then during this week, I’ll tell you all about me I guess. Opposite to my original plan, but better than being alone.”

Sowon seemed to have something to say so Eunha looked at her expectantly.

“Does that mean I can stay in your room too?”

“Eh? You have to ask? Hey, that room is ours. You know, for a sheltered girl, you really need to become more selfish.”

The look of confusion on her face was all that Eunha wanted.

“I’m going to show you a whole new world.”

==============

forgive my disney ending :P but that will be it for this twoshot :D

I just wanted a cute buildup to an agreement to get to know each other better and I think I did that :D I am pleased