offering pt 1

My wish is Sowon

An AU where Sowon is a vampire who just wants to live peaceably in a nice city and lives off drinking animal blood, but the citizens still fear her for some reason and give her offerings every few years. Set in ancient imaginary place.

-----------------

Sowon sighed as she smelled the villagers coming again, this time with another young girl. No matter how many times she had explained to the villagers that she didn't need to drink human blood, they insisted on giving her 'offerings' to 'apease' her thirst. Going to her gate out front, the breeze as she walked past a candle shut out the light and she cursed under her breath as it made a villager scream.

"Sh-she's coming!!!"

At this point, she had given up trying to tell them to stop. Instead, she asked the girls what they wanted to do and helped them make it happen. Of course, all in a foreign country, couldn't have the girls' families know that they were alive thinking that they ran away from Sowon. That would make them think that Sowon would be furious that her snacks ran away. She shivered a little thinking of the last girl who was almost dead set on dying. It was a little hard to get her to stop trying cut herself in front of Sowon, but at least the next girl helped a little.

"Milady! This girl is this year's offering! Please! Take it upon your benevolent heart-"

The person next to him elbowed him in the side.

"Idiot she doesn't have a heart!"

Sowon just stared, inwardly groaning at their impressions. Who said she didn't have a heart? Well, whoever started that rumor was long dead anyways. She really did have a heart, it was just that you couldn't hear it under her especially strong muscles. Oh, and she was just a little colder to the touch because of her thick skin. Not to mention her teeth. Tapping her foot to get this over with, she sighed as another man squealed.

"A-anyways! This one is from the mayor's family! She has delicious noble blood in her!"

"Well, I wouldn't know that unless I taste her then."

Another screech and Sowon fought the urge to rub her ringing ears.

"Give her here."

The tattered girl stepped forwards, the cloak over her looking far to fancy than her clothes underneath.

"She's scrawny."

"She just has high metabolism milady!"

"Is that so?"

Sowon eyed a bruise on the side of the chin that she could see from under the low hanging hood of the cloak, almost as if this girl couldn't lift her head.

"Be gone then. I don't need another offering if they're as poor as this."

"Apologies but she-"

"No excuses, begone."

After all the men left, Sowon sighed and sat down on the front steps of her home, the girl still standing where she had been shoved to on the stone path before Sowon.

"Lift your hood."

The girl moved very slowly, almost as if it were painful to do so. Sowon narrowed her eyes as she saw the bruises that littered her face.

"What happened to you?"

The girl didn't speak, making Sowon sigh deeply, rubbing her head.

"I can't send you to another country looking like this, come here. Tell me your name."

Her steps were stuttered, perhaps she had a limp? What noble blood was in her if she was so horribly treated? Sowon frowned as she held the girl's cheek, checking her over. Of all the people to send her, Sowon hated it when it was a young and unwanted girl like the one before her. The villagers could lie all they wanted to her, and she didn't usually mind since she could make the girls she received's lives much better afterwards. Oddly, they never offered men, Sowon scoffed at the thought, most likely they needed all the man power they could to make money, such a gender biased society.

"Name?"

The girl had yet to respond her; grumbling, Sowon grabbed the girl by her hand, dragging her to the bathroom which was a half outside hot spring that the villagers had built her. There were a few times the villagers tried to poison her water, but Sowon was immune to them so they stopped trying.

Pushing the girl to sit in front of the faucet, she waited a second for her to strip but the girl didn't move.

"Don't tell me I have to do everything for you?"

This seemed to get her attention as she almost frantically tore off her clothing, sitting very tiny at Sowon's feet. Sowon sighed, she really hated that every girl came in here absolutely terrified of her, granted it was because of how the villagers never tried to understand her, but still it hurt. No amount of years could dull the pain of being feared.

"I'm going to wash you, not eat you. And no, I'm not washing you to eat you. Humans taste filthy."

That was a lie. Sowon had never tasted human blood before, even when she was reborn as a vampire, all she had around her were livestock animals, being a picky eater, she never picked up on drinking from a human.

"Tell me your name little one."

"Eunbi."

"You're forgetting that name today. Today on, your life as Eunha begins."

Sowon watched as the girl stared unblinking under the spash of water.

"Say it."

Eunha looked up, her soulless eyes making Sowon hurt a little.

"Say your new name, go on."

"Eunha."

"Good girl, I'll go get you some new clothes, soak in the water over there for a bit."

Eunha didn't move and Sowon puffed her cheek annoyed. Grabbing the small girl by her armpits, she dunked Eunha into the shallow part of her hot springs, finally gaining a reaction from Eunha, a sharp yelp at the heat of the water.

"Thank god, I was beginning to think you couldn't feel."

Eunha looked up at Sowon confusedly, earning a head pat instead.

"Stop being afraid of me, this will be easier for the both of us if you don't run away crying everytime I come near."

Eunha nodded finally and Sowon sighed, leaving to get the clothes. How long would it take to teach this girl a trade and send her to a better place? Sowon hated offering years.

====================

a little idea that floated around tell me if it was interesting

oh and this was late because I didn't feel better after a sleep haha....I'm better now though!