a cold exterior finale

My wish is Sowon

Eunha wandered around the school campus searching for Sowon, although they had a rather rough talk, with its highs and lows, Eunha wanted to make sure that Sowon was alright. Pouting as she sat against the back wall of the school building where Sowon usually sat, Eunha looked up at the sky, just the way she had often seen Sowon doing. Staring at the clouds as they blew by, Eunha closed her eyes to feel the breeze. She could understand why Sowon liked being here so often.

Stretching her arms as the bell rang for class to begin again, Eunha walked back to her classroom slowly, and alone.

"Where is she?"

For all the classes that Sowon had skipped, she was on school campus with a perfect attendance almost. Perhaps it was one of those days where she didn't come to school at all.

 

 

If only that were the case.

 

 

Eunha waited for Sowon for a solid week before going to the office to demand Sowon's address. She hadn't called in sick, she hadn't shown up at school, she wasn't even at the library where they studied together. Huffing and puffing her annoyance with each step towards Sowon's block, Eunha grumbled under her breath.

"Who is she to decide not to see me again?"

Her footsteps soften as she thought about Sowon. Why did it matter to her so much to bring Sowon back? It surely wasn't as simple as friendship, such bonds were not always worth this much loneliness. Slowing to a stop in front of a bus stop along the sidewalk, Eunha froze as she saw the advertisement page, she wasn't interested in what the girl was selling, rather what she was saying.

"Love."

Her cheeks flushed pink as she tested the possibility for loving Sowon, friends love each other, but would she want to hug Sowon? Wait, no, hugging was also allowed in friendship category. A kiss? Eunha imagined standing before Sowon, her hands gently holding her cheeks as she leaned down, her blush covered her face as she tried to fan herself. Idiot! Why would you imagine that?

"Fine. It's fine. I'm only going to see why she isn't going to school, stupid Eunbi getting your head stuck in the clouds. get a hold on yourself!"

Eunha patted her cheeks before setting off again to Sowon's house.

-------------

"Unnie, you're really not going to go back to school?"

"Mm."

"You don't want to tell me the reason?"

"Nope."

Sowon's eyes never turned away from her laptop screen, she had been checking out what jobs she could do without a diploma. Yerin sighed and paced back and forth until the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?"

Yerin opened the door to a cute high school uniform clad girl.

"U-um, hello sunbaenim I'm here for Sojung unnie."

Yerin grinned a little before holding the door even wider. So this girl was the reason why Sowon studied so hard before.

"Are you here to take her back to school?"

"Y-yes."

"Come in."

Eunha walked in timidly, letting Yerin guide her around. Walking into the living room, Eunha finally saw Sowon.

"Unnie."

"What, who was it?"

"Look up unnie."

Sowon sighed and finally saw Eunha, her slight annoyance disappating instantly. Yerin quietly slinked away.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"More like what are you?"

"I live here."

Eunha giggled a little, making Sowon feel weird inside all over again.

"I didn't mean that silly, why aren't you going to school?"

"I just don't want to."

Taking a seat next to Sowon who remained frozen since she had seen Eunha, Eunha took Sowon's hand.

"Why?"

"Because, even if I go to school, I'm just a bother to you."

"You confessed much easier than I thought you would, unnie."

"Sh-shut up."

Eunha toyed with Sowon's fingers,  her blush starting to heat up again just from touching Sowon's hand as her mind struggled to stay on topic.

"If I said I wanted you to bother me, would that be weird?"

"Totally."

Eunha pouted and Sowon finally cracked a grin.

"You want me at school?"

"Of course I do, what else am I going to use as an excuse to skip class?"

Sowon frowned a little, she really hoped she didn't lead Eunha into becoming a delinquent. Eunha quickly noticed and shook her head.

"I'm kidding unnie, but I really do wish you'd go to school."

"Because the principal asked you to? Don't listen to him, he's a jerk."

"No! Because I want to see you there."

Eunha tucked her hair behind her ears shyly before continuing.

"I want unnie to graduate to become something better, and I want to be a part of helping you become.....what ever you want to be."

"Why do you care so much to even do this? I'm aware that the staff already gave up, which is why they leaked my address, I could sue for that."

The tense silence made Eunha fidget, if she confessed right then and there, it would sound insincere, like an excuse to get Sowon back. But if she didn't confess, Sowon might deem her words unnecessary to listen to anymore. Taking a hold of Sowon's arm, Eunha bravely looked her in the eyes.

"I like you."

"Okay? We're friends, that doesn't mean I should go back to school."

Eunha bit her lip in frustration.

"I like you more than a friend, but that's not an excuse for you to come to school okay, I just want to spend more time with you, and if you would ever be my girlfriend I think that you might become upset at yourself for being inferior and well even if you never want to be my girlfriend, which I totally understand because hi, who would ever date me, but that's not the point! Unnie has been running from school ever since the other students shunned you for something they created, you feel as though you really became what they saw you as and you are not! You deserve to be loved, you deserve to learn, and you do not deserve to be doubted for your earnest endeavors!"

Sowon watched as Eunha panted a few times after ranting. It was surprising that Eunha had thought so many steps ahead, but there was one thing that stood out in her mind, Eunha shouldn't be depreciating herself.

"What do you mean no one would ever want you as a girlfriend? You're smart, cute, and beautiful. You'd even care for delinquent with habitual skipping class issues."

"If you say I can't say that about myself, then you can't either. Come back to school unnie. Show them that you are better than what they think of you as."

Eunha did her best to hold in the fact that Sowon didn't catch when she accidentally mentioned wanting her as a girlfriend.

"They wouldn't just-"

"It takes time, let's be patient and show them what you're worth."

Sowon sighed but squeezed Eunha's hand gently.

"I- fine. But only if you'd be my girlfriend."

"That's totally fine."

Then Eunha's face turned completely red and Sowon had to hold in her laughter from how cute Eunha's reaction was.

"Wait what?!"

"You agreed."

Sowon kissed Eunha's cheek, eliciting another shriek from Eunha. Still, Eunha was happy even if a bit shocked at finding out that Sowon felt the same way, or not, it's totally fine if Sowon just wanted to play with-

"I promise that it's not an excuse to force to be with me. I genuinely care for you Eunbi."

"Th-a-at's perfectly fine! I l-love you after all."

Shrinking into herself and feeling smaller at really saying it outloud, Eunha let Sowon pull her into a hug.

"Right. I love you too, my girlfriend."

===============

the end

I really wanna write more on offering.