offering pt 6

My wish is Sowon

"I'm not afraid of Sowon...ssi."

"Call her unnie."

Yerin held Eunha's hand gently, she had led them to her house where a small bench leaned against the outside of the house.

"Also, if you're telling me, then that means it's okay to tell Sowon unnie you know?"

"....yes. But, she'll be less angry at me if you tell her. She-Sowon un-...Sowon unnie doesn't seem to-"

"I get it, you think she won't eat me if I tell, but she might get mad if you told? Wrong. Haah...I'll tell you why later. Just, keep talking."

Eunha's train of thought had halted already however, was her history unable to anger people? Was it just her father who had been bad about it whenever she tried to tell anyone? Yerin's sigh made her shiver a little, but the sound of it was much lighter than the one she was used to come before trouble.

"You've already been distracted, it's okay. What you're going to tell me, will get anyone angry. Most likely, it's about things that should never happen to a person, given person or vampire, considering Sowon unnie but still. If you tell Sowon unnie, what are you afraid of if you aren't afraid of her?"

"If, she gets angry, and my father finds out...I'll be in trouble."

"Assuming that if he found out that I knew, would you also be in trouble?"

Eunha gasped and covered , she had been right, even if this village was isolated he could still reach here, regretting her decision to talk, Yerin let her fret for a little before intervening.

"You won't be in trouble."

Eunha looked up at Yerin, she had curled up into a small ball on the floor after falling off the nech in her panic.

"They don't know where this is, and to be honest, I don't know where the village is anymore. All I remember now, is only this village and where to hunt for food."

Holding out her hand like Sowon did, Yerin nodded her head.

"Besides, I could handle him."

Eunha's unbelieving wide eyes made Yerin chuckle.

"I'm not lying to you, I've got the best arm strength in this village."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha was a little girl, her mother had been nice to her and she had a regular upbringing. She never knew her father, but she had one day gained one. Her mother stopped paying her attention, always looking off into the distance. When she had gotten a little brother aside from her three step older sisters, she was suddenly cast aside.

Her older sisters had already been set for marriage to neighboring villages, with her as the only "parasite" as an underaged child and not an heir to her father's name or land, she was designated to be a pet the moment her little brother was able to learn more than just babbling.

At first it wasn't so bad, Eunha worked with the servants, bringing food to tables, moving storage things, feeding the horses. It gradually worsened as she had grown up, her cuteness and delicate face made her new mother angry, her own mother had disappeared some time after her little brother was born. Some times, Eunha wondered if it would've been better if she had been casted onto the streets rather than chained in the storage room, eating scraps when she could and suffering as the stress relief of the family.

She couldn't describe the beatings, mostly because she lost her concious often, even if she was aware, her brain had already broken apart her reaction from her pain as a self defense mechanism. If she cried, more would come, if she screamed, more would come. Eventually, she had become silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin sighed, Eunha's story lacked nuemrous details, but it wasn't like Eunha would be able to answer them. Looking back on it though, this was a time period where such inhumane treatment went unnoticed. Only the rich and the extremely poor could afford these actions. The rich could pretend it never happened, the poor, fought to survive, if they died, no one cared. 

"Eunha."

Eunha flinched, feeling the phantom pains from telling what she could to Yerin.

"Sowon unnie won't tell your father."

Yerin patted Eunha's hair softly, smoothing it in a nostalgic way, Eunha could feel tears build up but not recognize why.

"Come here."

Eunha let Yerin hold her, much like Sowon had done before. It was confusing Eunha, the more things Yerin did that Sowon had done. Was there even a difference between them? Aside from one having sharp fangs.

"Do you have any open wounds still?"

Eunha shook her head, already reaching for the bottom of her shirt when Yerin stopped her.

"You don't need to show me, knowing unnie, she probably treated you with the best stuff she had."

The evening sky was darkening and the sunset looked beautiful. Eunha couldn't help but stare at it as Yerin hugged her again, her arms limp at her sides. Had she ever seen the sunset? She had the feeling she did, but she couldn't remember it.

"Come on, I'll give you dinner and then we'll sleep early."

Yerin tucked an arm over Eunha's shoulders, ushering her into her house. She glaced back a little and gave a small smile at the slight glint in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon groaned as she rubbed her face. Yerin had caught her spying on Eunha. It wasn't like she wanted to, but when she was walking away, her super hearing had started to pick up on their topic of conversation. Since Eunha hadn't told her, she had taken the liberty to listen in, albeit three houses away and peeking through a bush.

Well, all that she would suffer would just be teases from Yerin, not that it wouldn't happen anyways. The human girl was a master of tricks in getting her frustrated and teased, Sowon fell for her wily trap questions every time she visited anyways.

Sighing a hot breath into the air, Sowon watched as her breath didn't cause a puff of steam like the humans in the village. Out here, the temperature dropped quite a bit when it turned night, temperature never bothered her, but it did bother her hunting at night. Less creatures ventured far from their hiding places, then again, she didn't need to hunt for another three days.

But there was a nagging feeling these days that made her teeth itch. Danger? Hunger? Was she old enough to get pained joints from the rain yet? Sowon entered her own house, sitting by the empty fire pit in the middle. She chuckled to herself at the absurd thought. She wasn't human, her joints would never hurt unless from injury.

Looking out the window at the half risen moon, Sowon blinked once. She planned to force a sleep to wake up fresh tomorrow, hopefully, Eunha would have learned a great deal and they could walk around together. Sowon pinched herself for thinking so naively. Even if Eunha wasn't afraid of her, didn't mean that she didn't like her either.

=====================

so eunha's backstory

basically everything is [omitted].

Yerin's there to help Eunha express herself better, and help her learn how to interact with others.