a cold exterior

My wish is Sowon

a high school au where Sowon is a delinquent who skips class, Eunha is part of the student council particularly in charge of dealing with ruffians.

========================

"She's usually found around the back of the school, don't be surprised if you see her doing some, immoral, things."

Eunha nodded and adjusted the band on her sleeve, making sure that it was straight and showing the properness of the student council. As she exited the meeting room however, her confidence diminished. When they sent a student from each class to participate in the student council, she never knew she'd be dealing delinquents and the like.

Sighing, Eunha made sure her phone was in an easily accessible place before heading out back of the school. All she had to do was warn this senior that she couldn't graduate if she continued to skip classes like this. Rounding the corner, Eunha put her brave face on, there she was, Kim Sojung. The tallest, most beautiful delinquent on campus. There were no reasons for her behavior, unlike the other students who either had bad parenting, have bad parenting, or just were bad in nature.

"Kim Sojung ssi."

Sowon looked up from her seat, leaning against the back wall of the school, ear buds plugged in, but not listening to anything. She had been staring into space, thinking about things.

"What is it little lady?"

Ignoring the obviously insulting comment, Eunha walked closer.

"You won't be able to graduate if you continue this behavior."

"And what are you going to do about it?"

Eunha stopped, well, you couldn't force a person to do what they didn't want to.

"I won't do anything."

"Then you may leave."

"But I will come check if you're here everyday you're missing and report you."

"Ah, smart girl."

Sowon stood up, towering over Eunha easily. Walking past her, she patted Eunha's head in an odd manner.

"I'll be seeing you then."

Eunha watched in confusion, feeling where Sowon patted, she had no idea how to interpret the senior's actions. Well, technically she did her job. What Sowon did after her warning wasn't part of her job, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You should try to persuade her to class."

Eunha nodded as the student body president continued to preach something about not leaving a single comrade behind, that Eunha should do her best to bring Sowon back to class. Walking out of the meeting room, Eunha sighed. It wasn't as if they were in the same class, she had no clue whether Sowon was in class or not until the office gave them the attendance or someone ran and told her.

Walking to the back of the building, she saw Sowon again, leaning against the back wall, with a white stick in ?

"Smoking is illegal on campus."

Sowon raised an eyebrow, pulling it out, revealing it was just a candy cigarette.

"You're really going to check back here everyday even though I come here to escape the students?"

Eunha flinched a little, she wasn't so unkind to deny someone their personal space, but she had a mission. That was to bring her back to class.

"Why do you want to escape the students?"

Sowon looked Eunha over, her eyes lingering over the ribbon on her uniform.

"I guess you don't know about me much."

"No, I don't."

"Makes sense why you're not running away from me or sneering."

Sowon walked over, backing Eunha to the wall and placing her arm over Eunha's head to box her in.

"Why don't you run?"

Eunha bravely looked up at Sowon, her hands were clenched in small fists but she wasn't sure she could throw them. Not getting a response, Sowon sighed and backed off, snapping her candy in two before crunching it to dust.

"I used to be a top student, it's why I haven't been kicked out yet."

"What happened?"

"If you come again tomorrow, I'll tell you."

"Why don't you go to class then? If it's the students, they can't bother you during lecture."

"Lecture is boring."

"And being out here isn't?"

Sowon lazily stretched before giving Eunha her cold look.

"At least there's fresh air out here."

And she walked off again. Eunha blinked at the spot Sowon had been standing on. Oddly, she didn't feel too scared by the senior. Even if she had fists ready to use but unable to, she hadn't found the need to use them. Perhaps she was just a cold exterior, hardened by experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was break when another member of the student council called Eunha to go find Sowon. Sighing, Eunha flicked the hall pass she was given before tucking it in her pocket and exiting the back of the main building. Instead of finding Sowon leaning against the back wall, Eunha had to look around a few more times to find her laying down in the tall grass.

"What are you doing today?"

"Skipping class, obviously."

"In the grass?"

"It's comfortable."

Her hand shot up and grabbed Eunha easily pulling her down into the grass as well. Hitting the ground with her hip, Eunha whined a little and rubbed it before laying down properly.

"I never expected the grass to be this fluffy."

"Right?"

Sowon looked up at the sky as Eunha stared at her side profile.

"Hey, what would make you go to class?"

"I don't know."

Eunha sighed softly and closed her eyes.

"Then tell me what happened for you to be skipping class."

She could hear Sowon moving a bit, but she wasn't leaving, so Eunha continued to bask in the sunlight.

"There was a guy and a girl."

"You broke them up?"

Eunha flinched when Sowon rolled to move on top of her, pinning her arms over her head as she looked menacingly down.

"I didn't. They broke up using me."

Wiggling to get her hands out of Sowon's grip, Eunha rubbed them to pretend she wasn't intimidated.

"That simple?"

"That simple."

Eunha sat up, forcing Sowon to sit back, she observed Eunha carefully. Eunha internally wondered if she had stepped on a landmine.

"You don't need to tell me the details since you're here and not inside. I can somewhat understand where you stand."

"I can sense a but."

Eunha smiled a little, it made Sowon's heart skip a beat unknowingly.

"But, I've been tasked with bringing you back to class. What can I do to make that happen?"

Sowon looked away.

"I'm surprised you're so attached to your job."

"Why?"

"Anyone could just report back and say it wasn't happening, yet you still come everyday."

"It's not like I can leave you to mess up your life."

"Hero complex much?"

"More like childish dream."

Eunha dusted herself off, standing up. Even if Sowon didn't want to go back to class then, she still had her own class to attend. To her surprise, Sowon stood up as well.

"I'll walk you to class."

"Alright."

Sowon followed closely behind, mostly because she didn't know which class was Eunha's, but also to hide her straying gaze. Eunha could still feel her gaze, smiling to herself, she found herself looking forwards to the next days.

"Whenever you find a way to get you back to class, let me know."

===============

slow development