a cold exterior pt 8

My wish is Sowon

"Sojung unnie."

Sowon looked up from her curled position against the back wall of the school building. She had skipped morning classes, which was probably why Eunha was here several minutes before break even started.

"Oh, hey Eunbi."

Eunha puffed her cheeks as she sat down next to Sowon, she seemed a little annoyed.

"Don't oh hey Eunbi me, why are you not in class?"

Sowon was still quiet, flipping her papers in front of her.

"Can't you see what I'm prioritizing?"

Eunha sighed and looked at Sowon's papers, in neat handwriting, Sowon had written down pages of notes for her to review before the exam. Now curious, Eunha tapped her chin as she tried to remember what time Sowon had to take the exam. Because the rest of the class had already taken the exam, but regulations demand her to take it during that class time, Sowon's exam was to be taken in an empty classroom right after break was over.

"So, you came to school early, just to skip class to study some more? You're really unique."

Sowon grinned.

"I wasn't saying that as a compliment, no matter what skipping is not a good thing."

Still Sowon was grinning.

"You're skipping too you know, just by being here. Now hush, I'm studying."

Eunha sighed and leaned back against the wall, looking up at the sky as the sound of the break bell ringing sounded off in a dulled tone. Perhaps the distance from the only outdoor speaker made it nearly impossible to hear the school bells, after all, the speakers were mostly kept indoors for the classrooms, it wasn't like everyone went outside during break. In fact, rarely anyone left the school building unless it was a speed run to the convenience store, or to go home. Letting the breeze mess up her hair a bit, Eunha closed her eyes, enjoying the peacefulness.

Sowon looked up when she finished reading another page. Looking over at Eunha, her breath stopped a little as she stared at her peaceful expression. Her smooth skin that made her ever curious to touch, how her short hair still managed to fall back perfectly after being toyed with by the wind. Unconciously, she reached to hold Eunha's cheek.

"Hm?"

"Ah! Sorry, I didn't mean to invade your privacy."

Eunha tilted her head curiously, Sowon hadn't done anything yet?

"Are you done studying though? Your exam is in less than five minutes."

"Eh? Already?! No no no, wait! Stop time somehow please!"

Eunha giggled, halting Sowon's small panic.

"Why're you giggling?"

"It's nothing unnie, I just think that you're very cute."

Blushing, Sowon looked back to her papers, flipping them this way and that to hide herself.

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I'm a five foot eight inch giant, I might even be five nine now...haven't checked to be honest."

Eunha smiled at Sowon's self rambling. Sometimes, when Sowon gets too heated about a topic, most usually when she's trying to convince Eunha that she wasn't cute when she really was, her rambling would accidentally reveal somethings that Eunha thinks Sowon would keep to herself. Like, how she hadn't been measuring herself. Her tone as she said that indicated that she didn't like being that tall, hence not wanting to check.

"Then, I suppose you're a giant."

"Right."

"Cutie."

"huh?"

"A giant cutie. Come on, let's start walking towards your exam room. After all that studying, you can't miss the actual exam right?"

Sowon was flustered for a second, but what Eunha said after was true, the bell for the end of break was about to ring and she had to be at the classroom before passing time was over. Shoving her papers in her bag, she grabbed Eunha's hand without thinking and started off towards the classroom.

Eunha smiled and followed along, not at all surprised or put off by Sowon's boldness.

"I guess you don't like being alone after all."

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

She really is cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha turned in her class's stack of worksheets to the teacher's office, being part of the student council seemed to automatically make her the teacher's pet. Not that she minded, but it sometimes ticklde her mind when she thought about it, maybe the teachers were taking advantage of their student council member's sense of righteousness and dumping all their work on them.

"I mean, carrying a small staack of 36 papers can't be that hard."

"Oh, Eunbi student."

Eunha looked up from the stack of papers she had set down on her teacher's desk, was that the teacher who fought for Sowon's innocence last time? She quickly bowed regardless.

"I was grading your friend, Kim Sojung student's exam, and I'm sincerely surprised."

"Did she do well?"

"Haha! I expected much worst is all I can say. Here, why don't you give it back to her?"

Eunha took the envelope gently, it was sealed. She was curious, but she would never invade someone else's privacy. Bowing quickly, Eunha scurried out of the classroom and looked around the halls. Supposedly, classes were supposed to be wrapping up for them to go home, in her class's case, they just had to turn in their worksheet and do self study, their teacher had already stepped out on the excuse that they needed to pick up their daughter from daycare and take them to see a doctor's appointment.

"You could just schedule it so you don't overlap with work, but I suppose everyone hates work."

Mumbling to herself was a habit, Eunha sighed as she still held the envelope holding Sowon's graded exam with both hands.

"Would she still be there I wonder?"

=====================

how did she doooooooooo? take a guess

a or b or c cuz man I'm guaranteeing that she passes