a cold exterior pt 2

My wish is Sowon

Eunha hummed as she went around the back of the school, having finished her language exam pretty easily, she was given permission to go out of the classroom, provided she didn't go to any other classrooms, but the badge on her arm pretty much ensured she wouldn't be selling the exam questions somewhere suspicious. Choosing to go see if Sowon was at the back of the school, Eunha had grabbed a cold bottle of water from the school store as she went, the weather was being weird, getting warmer when it shouldn't, then dropping below freezing at times. She couldn't help but wonder if there was a war up in the skies, the wind wanting sunshine and the clouds wanting to cry.

Spotting Sowon's sneakers as she rounded the corner first before her eyes trailed up those long legs clad in skinny jeans rather than the school uniform of skirts to find Sowon leaned against the back wall of the building, Eunha automatically pouted when she saw Sowon listening to music with her earbuds, most likely not noticing her arrival.

"Kim Sojung ssi."

Eunha squatted down, poking Sowon's shoulder to get her attention. Sowon blinked as if she had been sleeping, she could possibly have fallen asleep under what little sun she had shining on her, she looked absurdly comofortable. Looking at Eunha drowsily, she took in her smaller appearance before looking away.

"What is it today?"

"What do you mean?"

"What's your excuse for not going to class today?"

Sowon hummed.

"Let me tell you something first though."

"Hm?"

"I can see your ."

Eunha immediately blushed and stood up, tucking her skirt better under her before squatting back down.

"Wh-what's that matter, we're both girls anyways!"

"Nothing, but you're pretty childish, having strawberry patterned underwear at this age."

Whining and hitting Sowon's shoulder lightly to get her to stop, she noticed a slight smile on Sowon's lips before it disappeared. She realized that supposedly, she was never to touch Sowon. Much less hit her, in fact someone could pass out seeing Eunha hit Sowon in fear for Eunha's life. They were just that scared of Sowon at this point, at least all her admirers stay away from her personal space save a few idiots from time to time.

"That's not the point anyways, now tell me. Why are you able to come out here everyday?"

Eunha sighed and neatly took her seat on the ground next to Sowon, her legs crossed in a ladylike fashion out of self conciousness.

"Today was because there was an exam and I finished early. The other days is because I was called out to go find you, or I asked to go out because with this badge, I pretty much can do anything I want."

"Anything huh?"

Sowon leaned closer to Eunha, entering her personal space once more. This time, Eunha tried to maintain her position, don't back down, she's not actually a bad girl, just a little misguided. Not budging or scooting back to distance their faces, she braved Sowon's cold eyes.

Luckily, before Eunha combusted, Sowonn blinked and leaned back against the wall, tucking her hands behind her head, relaxing as if she were on a beach.

"I guess that means you can skip class whenever you want to then."

"I wouldn't call it skipping class."

"Oh?"

"I still maintain good grades in order to have this position after all."

"Then tell me, what does my track record say?"

Track record? Eunha first thought of track as in track and field, running speed? But that was irrelevant, figuring Sowon meant her grades, she bit her lip. Did this mean that Sowon was a super smart student? Was that why the teachers didn't send police to take her off campus for loitering? Or why the teachers let her continue to skip? Eunha felt saddened that she had assumed that Sowon had really bad grades from skipping.

"I wouldn't know. I can't ask the teachers to show me, and they only sent me to tell you to go to class because of the president."

Sowon cracked a grin that made Eunha confused.

"You already forgot what I said previously."

"Huh?"

"I was a good kid."

Riiiiiight, Sowon had mentioned something like that when she finally told her the reason why she had turned to skipping class. Annoyed that Sowon had purposely made her feel sad for making asssumptions, she puffed her cheeks and stood up, intending to leave. She didn't need to entertain a delinquent.

"Where're you going? Sad I tricked you a little?"

Eunha just huffed a breath and marched back to class as Sowon watched from behind, chuckling to herself as soon as Eunha was out of earshot.

"What a good girl."

She looked at her phone, unplugging her earbuds, she wandered into the silence of her surroundings.

"How, boring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha stumbled as she was shoved to the back of the school, another student had found Sowon at the back and got supposedly, yelled at by her.

"What did you do to the girl?"

Sowon looked up, she was reading a book. Eunha raised an eyebrow, a delinquent? Skipping class? To read a book?

"I didn't do anything? Who are you talking about?"

Eunha pinched the bridge of her nose as she exhaled.

"A girl, ran up to the council and told me that after walking around the school grounds as she was running late to class, took a short cut, came across you and you gave her the fright of her life."

Sowon looked around her, when did that happen, her posture seemed to say.

"She said it was me?"

"The president told me it was you."

"So you didn't talk to the victim directly."

Sowon closed the book in her palm with a dull clap of paper against paper. Standing up, she towered over Eunha, looming over her as she backed her against the wall. She dropped her book to her bag beside her and raised a hand, catching Eunha's chin. Momentarily, she froze.

"What the?"

Squishing the underside of Eunha's chin, she breifly looked sideways at Eunha's chin to figure out what this softness was. Eunha bravely stayed still.

"You...have a double chin?"

Eunha's cheeks turned a little pink, especially when Sowon moved her chin down, pushing out her double chin on purpose.The look of wonder on Sowon's face embarassed her for some reason. Why was she so intrigued? Was it because everyone had to look up at her that she hadn't ever seen a double chin?

"Wh-what about?"

"Nothing, it's just....so soft."

Sowon continued to squish her chin for a few moments, her earlier aggression forgotten. Hearing the bell for class to have ended and passing period began for students to move to their next classrooms if needed, Sowon let go almost stunned.

"Um, you should go back to class."

"I should."

"And next time, talk to the victim directly, I definitely didn't scare anyone today."

"I'll take note of that."

But Eunha remained standing for a few more seconds as Sowon stared at her openly. An idea hit Eunha, a stupid one, but it was worth a shot.

"Did...did you...like touching my double chin?"

Sowon averted her eyes instinctively, almost as if she didn't want her emotions to be noticed.

"Possibly."

"Then, if I let you touch it after school today, will you go to class tomorrow?"

"If you let me touch it at break as well tomorrow."

Eunha blinked.

"For real?"

"I should be asking you that."

Sowon scratched her cheek uncharacteristically nervous, Eunha giggled.

"Alright, then. I'll come here after school then."

"...I'll see you then."