a cold exterior pt 6

My wish is Sowon

Eunha held Sowon's hand as she led the way to the teacher's office. She had some choice words for anyone who accused Sowon of cheating, when the girl didn't even know that there would have been a test that day unless Eunha hadn't told her. Sowon remained quiet, her heart thumping loudly in her head as her eyes were glued to her hand, where she and Eunha were connected.

"Ah, Eunha student."

"Teacher."

Eunha bowed and Sowon quickly followed, finally looking away from their hands.

"Teacher, I know Sojung unnie didn't cheat."

"You're addressing her in a friendly manner, how do I know you're not covering her?"

"Because, on the day the test was held, she wasn't even planning on going to class, much less have time to prepare that cheat sheet you have on your desk."

"Our hand writing check has told us that it's Sojung."

"And I'm telling you, it isn't her."

Sowon took the cheat sheet and looked at the handwriting carefully. It did look like her handwriting, it really did. But she had never written such cheat sheet. Eunha took it and handed it back to the teacher.

"Tell your students to confess who set her up. Say you know who did it."

"Why should I? I'm the teacher, I'm even more appalled that a student council member like you is opposing so strongly. Has she corrupted your mind?"

Eunha could only keep shut. Sowon stepped forwards, her hand still holding Eunha's.

"I have to say, I never thought that a teacher could turn on a student in this way."

Her charismatic smirk threw them off guard.

"And here I was thinking I was some genius, that test was so easy. I wondered what was wrong."

She snatched the exam off the table of her teacher's desk.

"This wasn't the exam was it."

Eunha stared wide eyed. If that wasn't the exam, then what was it? What was even more scary to Eunha was that the teacher seemed unfazed at the accusation. Another teacher stepped in as Eunha trembled.

"When I thought this test was easy, to the point in which a cheat sheet would have been laughable, I was suspicious. You copied my previous works for the handwriting didn't you."

"That's a strong accusation coming from a delinquent. Who is the principal going to believe, me or you?"

Sowon didn't have a retort for that, the second teacher was looking over what was going on, checking the papers. Pulling open a drawer and finding the other exams, he dropped them.

"You're a crazy fool."

"Huh? Wait, you-"

Eunha felt Sowon pull her back, away as the teacher got physical with each other, one trying to stop the other and the other trying to beat him up.

"This is a big mess."

"How'd you find out?"

"I recognized a misspelled word on that cheat sheet. I remember writing it on an exam before and my teacher chided me for misspelling it and only it."

"What word was it?"

"It was in english, go back."

"Huh? Confession?"

"No, go back as in going back, backwards."

"Ahhh."

Sowon covered as she breathed. Confession? She blushed as Eunha was focused back on the fist fight in the teacher's office as more and more teachers rushed in.

"Stop this nonsense."

"What you think I should play nice when she doesn't come to class? You think I should let her be if she waltzes in and says she'll take the exam?"

The principal handed him a piece of paper.

"You're fired."

He dropped to his knees.

"And you, Kim Sojung student."

"Yes?"

"Retake the exam."

"Yes sir."

Eunha noticed that Sowon hadn't let go of her hand yet, she squeezed lightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon held Eunha's hand as they walked back outside, the dispute officially over. What was there even to fight over anyways, that was blatant manipulation of a student on the teacher's behalf. Still, it felt nice that Eunha was defended her. Ah, but if she retook the test, and failed, then her promise with Eunha would be null. She saddened at the thought.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I suppose I'll have to null my wish."

"Wish?"

"I'm not passing the actual exam, you know that."

"No, I don't. Sojung unnie. You have a day to study, and the other teacher even gave you a list of things it covered. Besides, I won't stop being your friend even if you fail. Friendships don't end that easily silly."

Eunha pulled Sowon to a stop, turning her around to face her properly.

"Hey, even if this didn't happen, I wouldn't let anyone talk you down. I do care after all."

Her smile was dazzling, Sowon couldn't help but smile in response.

"Really?"

"Really."

The staring in between them was almost as if they were the only two in the world. Eunha cleared and looked away, causing Sowon to blush and rub her neck.

"U-um, thanks."

Eunha giggled, then started to laugh. Sowon's smile grew confused but hearing her laugh was new and it made her feel warm inside.

"You're actually really cute, Sojung unnie."

"Eh?"

"You really are."

Sowon couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day.

==========

:D