a cold exterior pt 5

My wish is Sowon

Eunha blinked as she exited her class, it was Monday, and she hadn't even said anything yet when she had gotten Sowon's score. Yet, there the senior was outside her class the moment the bell had rung for break.

"Don't tell me you skipped class to get here this early."

"I did."

Sighing, Eunha closed her eyes for a second before looking up to Sowon.

"Then, I'll be leaving you alone for a week."

"That's not my wish."

"Huh?"

Eunha had started to walk towards the cafeteria, intending to get something that could quiet her oddly starving stomach. Stopping and looking back at Sowon, she was surprised to see her looking timid. Upon closer inspection, Sowon was actually wearing the school uniform properly, except that her bow was crooked again. She stepped back and reached up to fix it, ignoring the slight flinch from Sowon's end.

"And, so? What is your wish then."

"W-would you, come see me every day until I graduate?"

Eunha blinked, looking up from the nearly fixed bow. She quirked an eyebrow which Sowon found rather cute since Eunha's eyes were one of her most attractive points in her mind, but said nothing of it.

"Well, even if I don't skip class, would you come see me?"

Eunha hummed, it kind of made sense, but kind of didn't. Maybe Sowon was beginning to think of her as a friend? Did she want to spend more time together? She could be lonely because she isolates herself, and well saying that she would only see her if she skipped class, would actually made that kind of sad.

"Then, let me make a counter suggestion."

Sowon seemed to listen attentively but before Eunha said anything.

"Wait! Don't make me promise to go to class at least some times of the week cuz that's not fair."

Eunah laughed a little, making Sowon feel weird inside.

"I wasn't going to say that, I'm a fair person."

Her smile seemed to dazzle Sowon.

"I want us to be proper friends, not just that girl who comes to bother you about class. Can we be friends?"

"Y-yeah. Yes. Of course."

Eunha smiled as Sowon seemed a little unsure of what to do next.

"You can call me by my first name, I'll call you unnie."

"Yeah, we can do that....E-eunbi."

"Sojung unnie."

"I- I'll see you at the back of the school later!"

Sowon ran off, leaving Eunha behind. There was still time left during break that Eunha could go see her at the back of the school, but the way that she had run off, Eunha just smiled and turned towards the cafeteria. Thinking about it though, if Sowon was in class, then she could always go see her during break and lunch. The only difference would be....actually there would be no difference, besides her usual duty of finding her during the school day outside of-oh. Class. Instead of staying with her when classes were going on, she also had to reserve her breaks and lunch for Sojung. When you put it that way, it was a little different.

Eunha absentmindedly bought a sandwich and walked back to her classroom as the end of break time neared. Should she have chased after Sowon after all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You didn't go to class after break, you probably skipped class before break."

Eunha sat down next to Sowon who had flinched upon her arrival.

"I didn't."

"You sound proud of that, I don't know how to feel about that."

Sowon smiled and relaxed again, leaning back against the back wall of the school building. Eunha unwrapped her uneaten sandwich from earlier, taking a bite from it as her other hand busily unpacked her homemade lunch box.

"You eat a lot."

"I know."

The smell of Eunha's food made Sowon curious to what it was, peeking with one eye, she immediately sat up straight.

"Wait, did you make this or your mom?"

"Today, is my own. My mum had to go out earlier, so I just put in whatever I could make."

Sowon stared at the small lunch box, it had egg rolls, rice, a few pieces of fish with plenty of sauce on them and a cookie.

"A cookie?"

"Yeah, I made them in home ec(onomics), but they weren't sweet enough and so I've been trying to eat them so I was trying to eat them slowly. You can't waste food after all."

Eunha looked over at Sowon who hadn't brought out anything to eat today. Taking another bite of her sandwich, she watched as Sowon just leaned back, her curiousity oddly sated.

"You want it?"

"Huh?"

"You don't appear to have any lunch."

"I don't always eat lunch that's all."

"That's no good, you should always have lunch."

Eunha picked up the cookie and held it up to Sowon's lips.

"Unnie, say ah. I promise it doesn't taste bad, just not sweet."

Sowon was flustered, not used to having Eunha this close to her. She was leaning over her, holding the cookie up. Her eyes seemed to urge her to take it. Cautiously, she took the cookie with her hands to eat it.

"It's not bad."

"Right? I told you I did it fine, I just prefer it when there's more sugar."

"A sweet kind of person?"

"Yeah, I like pretty much anything sweet."

There was a brief thought that flashed through Sowon's head, something along the lines of whether Eunha liked a sweet person. But she didn't have the courage to ask. Instead, she finished the cookie and lay down on the grass, breathing a heavy sigh.

"I didn't ask you, but how was it? Taking a test after so long? Did your classmates look at you funny? Did you feel okay?"

A smirk naturally came to her face, even as her eyes remained closed.

"So nosy."

But Eunha didn't seem bothered.

"The least you could do is tell me, I want to make sure you weren't, I don't know, traumatized by going to class and taking a test or something."

"They gave me weird looks when they told me my score."

Eunha looked over as Sowon opened her eyes, she didn't seem to be looking at anything in particular, but she did seem like her mind was off in the distance. Quietly stuffing her cheeks with rice, Eunha let Sowon have her peace.

"I heard them whispering, you know?"

"About?"

"Me cheating on that exam."

"I can see that, they must be appalled that you waltzed in after skipping classes for so long and getting the top score."

Sowon shifted a little, making Eunha wonder whether she was uncomfortableor not.

"It wasn't even that hard."

Eunha hummed, feeling her phone buzz. Looking at her screen, she kept it quietly to herself as she finished eating. Something wasn't exactly right with that message. It had read that Sowon was being officially accused of cheating on the exam, and that she was tasked to find out why. But Sowon wasn't the kind of person to cheat, she might have been a little snarky, a little cold, but she wasn't one to cheat.

"Sojung unnie."

"Wh-what is it?"

Sowon fought back her blush at the sound of Eunha saying her name.

"I need you, to come with me."

"Eh?"

===============

Ya know, I'm imagining that sometime in there, Sowon's brain should have cut just "I need you" and played it over and over in her head ahhahaha