Jaysica Talk

My Secret Identity

They were swimming together at the beach, the boys and the girls. “Yah! Jay uh- Jessica I’m thirsty. Can you go get us some drinks since you’re not swimming?” Jun Su asked. Su Yeon, who was laying the blanket on the floor looked up at Jae Bum and smiled. “Oh, I’ll go with you since I’m not in the mood of swimming too.” She said then walked towards him. He smiled and walked off with her.

“So, how does it feel to walk around as a girl? Isn’t it weird?” She asked him. He glanced at her and chuckled a little. “It was, but not really anymore. I remember when it was my first time here, you girls came all up on me as if you guys knew. I was so scared. But I acted it out, and it worked.” He said. She chuckled. “Yeah, I think I kind of knew from the beginning.” She said with her hands behind her. He looked at her and scoffed.

“So, how did you know Seo Hyun unnie?” Su Yeon asked. He quickly glance at her and coughed. “Um, we uh… we used to uh, go to school together…” he finally said. “Oh, really? Which school was it? I used to go to school with her too.” She asked.

“Um, pre-school.” He lied with a short chuckle. “Pre-school? Seo Hyun went to pre-school?” Su Yeon asked confused. “Yeah, she didn’t tell you?” He said with a short and nervous chuckle. “Hmm, nope…” She said still thinking. He looked at her face and stared at it for quite a long time.

“Su Yeon ah,” he said. She turned to look at him with a surprised face. “Hmm?” She hummed.

“I’m sorry.” He said then looked down. She looked at him confused and chuckled. “What for?” She asked. He looked at her and stopped walking. She stopped too, and stood in front of him, looking him in the eye. He looked down and sighed.

“There’s something I have to tell you.” He said. She smiled at him. “What is it?” She asked impatiently. He looked at her and sighed. “Don’t hate me after I tell you, okay?” He said. She looked at him and scoffed. “Why would I ever hate you?” She asked.

“But this might make you hate me forever.” He said with a sigh, looking down again. She placed her hands on his arm and smiled. “Tell me.” She said. He looked at her and took a deep breath. “Su Yeon, I’m the guy that-”

Before they knew it, a beach security guard ran towards them blowing his whistle as if there were a fire somewhere. They stopped their conversation and looked at him.

“Stop it! Stop it!” The security guard said when he approached them. “What’s the matter?” Su Yeon asked. “You guys can’t do that.” He said panting. “Do what?” Jae Bum asked. “No kissing. Especially between lesbians. Sorry. We can’t do that here. There are a lot of kids here. Brace yourselves and go to a hotel.” He said then walked away annoyed. Jae Bum and Su Yeon looked at each other confused.

“What the heck?” Jae Bum asked. Su Yeon looked at him and burst out laughing. He looked at her and chuckled along. “Is he crazy?” She asked him. “Come on, let’s just go get the drinks.” She said then they walked off together.

Late at night, the boys went back home, and the girls including Jae Bum, came inside the house tired out. Soo Young sighed and threw herself on the couch. “Good night everyone. I’m out.” She said. Mi Young went into her bedroom and changed then went to sleep.

“Yah, is tomorrow school?” Yuri asked tiredly. “Yeah, Monday.” Tae Yeon said drinking a sip of her water. “Ugh, my life.” Yuri said then went into her bedroom. Jae Bum looked at the girls and went to change in his bedroom.

When everyone was asleep, Su Yeon peeked in through Jae Bum’s room and went in. She bent down to Jae Bum who had a hoodie on with the hood around his head, and grey pjs. While he was sleeping, Su Yeon went to him and shrugged his shoulders.

“Mmm, Khun, stop being a jerk stupid!” He grunted then went back to sleep. “Jessica unnie,” she whispered. Jae Bum woke up and looked at her. He quickly sat up. “Oh. Su Yeon ah, what is it?” He asked. “I can’t sleep.” She told him. “Why? Are you having nightmares?” He asked with his eyes closed. “No… I’m just thinking too much.” She said then looked down. “About what?” He asked. She sighed. “You reminded me of someone today.” She told him.

“Who?” He asked kind of afraid. She looked at him, “My old crush.” She told him. “Back in middle school.” She said again then scoffed. He tensed up but stayed cool. “What was his name?” He asked in his regular voice. “Park Jae Bum…” she said then started picking on his blanket. “How do I remind you of him?” He asked. She looked at him and stared at him.

“You have his features. His eyes, his face. I mean things change after a long while, but you just made me remember him earlier.” She told him. He looked at her then to the ground. “Did you like him that much?” He asked her. She quickly glance at him and nodded her head. “Yeah… I was foolish back then I guess.”

“Why?”

“Because. He didn’t even like me. He was always looking at my friend Seo Hyun. Even though I did a lot of things for him to notice me, it didn’t work.” She said nodding her head. “Well, if he didn’t like you, then why did you keep liking him?” He asked. She sighed and chuckled.

“I don’t know either.” She said then took a deep breath. “I try to find that answer every time, but whenever I ask myself why… I can never find out the answer.” She said. “Stupid huh? Aren’t I?”

“No,” Jae Bum said then looked down. “Yah, what’s your real name?” Su Yeon asked him. He looked at her and tried to find an answer for her. “Uh,” he said. “Yah, just tell me. It’s not like I’m going to say anything to anyone.” She told him.

“Is it okay if I don’t tell you? So then just incase you’re used to calling my boy name, you won’t accidentally do it in front of the girls.” He told her. She looked at him and sighed. “Okay, fine then. I didn’t want to know anyways.” She told him. He looked at her and smiled. He looked at her while she was looking down and smiled. “Hey Su Yeon,” he said calmly. She looked up at him, “hmm?” She asked.

“Let’s go out tomorrow after school? Just the two of us.” He asked her. She looked at him and smiled. “Why?” She asked. “You’ll see. Meet me tomorrow at the lake nearby the ice cream place we always go to, okay?” He told her. “We’re not going together?” She asked him. “No, I’ll meet you there. It’s a surprise.” He told her. She looked at him and scoffed. “What surprise.” She said then got up. “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said then left his room and went to sleep.