She was in his Past too...

My Secret Identity

 

The next morning, Jae Bum woke up and found Su Yeon in his arms. He looked at her shocked but then looked at her beautiful face and stared at it intently.

“If only I met you as a guy.” He thought to himself. She moved and opened her eyes. He pretended to go back to sleep. She looked at Jae Bum and stretched getting up. She woke him up too.

“Jessica unnie, get up. It’s time for school.” She said then went out of the room, closing the door behind her. Jae Bum opened his eyes and stared at the wall blankly.

            They went to school and ate lunch together. Jae Bum looked over at Su Yeon from Joo Hyun’s table. He sits with her and talks to her mainly now, but sometimes can’t keep his eyes off Su Yeon.

            “Jessica,” Joo Hyun called him. He turned to her. “Huh?” He asked. “What are you looking at?” She asked. “Oh, nothing.” He said. “I need to go to class now. I’ll see you later.” Joo Hyun said then left. “Okay,” Jae Bum said then she left. He walked over to sit with the girls at their table, next to Yuri at the end.

“What were you guys talking about?” Tae Yeon asked. “Oh, nothing. Just school and stuffs.” He told them. “You two seem really close. Have you known each other before or something?” Soo Young asked. “No. Well, I used to go to school with her in the past.”

            “Oh, I did too!” Su Yeon told them. “Oh, yeah, you did. Until you moved over here. What was the reason again?” Mi Young asked.

“Because she liked a guy that liked Joo Hyun and not her.” Tae Yeon said. Jae Bum gasped.

“Who was it? I know all the guys that went to school with us in the past.” He asked. The girls looked at each other.

“Park Jae Bum.” They all said in a whisper. He froze.

“Park-Jae-Bum...?” He slowly said.

“Yeah, he’d always hang out with his crew and always look over at Joo Hyun. Joo Hyun and I were best friends in the past. But not really anymore. We’re just friends now.” Su Yeon said.

            FLASHBACK:

            Location: Middle School, at playground during lunchtime

                        Joo Hyun and Su Yeon, younger, walked out of class laughing to each other, arms clinging into each other.

            “No, pink one looks better.” Su Yeon said. “No,” Joo Hyun said. They looked ahead of them and saw Jae Bum and his friends hanging out at the corner, looking at them. Jae Bum’s hair was long, split in the middle and down to the sides. His friends were pushing him to Su Yeon and them. Jae Bum looked at his friends then walked to Joo Hyun and Su Yeon shyly. Joo Hyun and Su Yeon stood there.

            “Uh, Seo Joo Hyun,” Jae Bum said. Su Yeon looked at him and the gift in his hand, sadly.

 

            Later on in the day when they were going home, Su Yeon came behind Jae Bum, who was walking alone, and pulled him around.

“Park Jae Bum!” She yelled. He turned around and smiled. “Hello.” He said. She looked at him madly.

“Why do you like Joo Hyun?” She asked. He looked at her confused. “Because she’s pretty. And nice.” He said. She sighed. “Aren’t I pretty? And nice?” She asked. He chuckled. “What are you talking about?”

            “I like you. I like you Park Jae Bum.” She told him. He looked at her for a while then smiled. “I’m sorry. I can’t give you my heart. Only Joo Hyun can have it.” He told her. She stood there crying while he turned around and walked away.

            The next day at school, Jae Bum went to school and heard people talking everywhere that Jung Su Yeon left school.