Back to Reality

My Secret Identity

 

Back to Reality

            Jae Bum looked over at Su Yeon who was looking out the window beside her with a sad expression on her face.

“Yah unnie, do you still remember how he looks like?” Yuri asked. Su Yeon looked at them and smiled. “Why would I remember someone who didn’t like me?” She said with a short chuckle.

“True. Just forget about him.” Mi Young said nodding. “Yah, let’s talk about something else.” Soo Young said quietly, looking at Su Yeon.

“Yeah, no bad memories should be brought back.” Tae Yeon said. “Okay, what should we do later?” Yuri asked.

“Oh! I know! Let’s have a slumber party! Since it’s the weekends. I need to relax, especially from all this school and dramas lately, and express myself.” Mi Young said.

“All right,” everyone said. “I’ll get the snacks.” Soo Young said. “Yah, we’re going to the store together pabo.” Tae Yeon said gently smacking Soo Young’s head. Soo Young rubbed her head. “Sorry,” she whined.

            Later on, they sat together in the living room in their pajamas, eating some food or snack of some sort. Tae Yeon was curling her hair and eating snacks at the same time. Mi Young was looking in a magazine, trying to make her nails the same as theirs, eating too. Yuri was lying in the ground, stomach first, eating and doing yoga. Soo Young was listening to songs and eating, with Jae Bum, who was eating too.

“I like this one.” Soo Young said pointing at his I-Pod. Su Yeon came back from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn in her hand. She went to sit on the couch next to Jae Bum. He glanced at her.

            “Yah, I need a boyfriend.” Yuri said stretching her arms and legs out on the ground, with her head down, as if sniffing the floor.

“Who doesn’t?” Tae Yeon said finishing up on her last stream of hair.

“Yeah, I’ve been too lonely.” Soo Young said taking her earphones off. “But no one asks us.” Mi Young said closing the lid of her nail polish. She then blew on her nails to dry them.

“Jessica, why don’t you ever say anything too?” Yuri whined sitting up. He looked at them who came to surround him on the couch.

“Uh,” he said scared and at the same time trying to think of something girly to say. “Because I have nothing to say.” He said.

“Then, since you seem to know more about guys, let me ask you a question.” Mi Young said.

“Why do they always wait for years and years to finally tell the girl they like that they like her?” She asked. Jae Bum looked at her.

“Yeah, it’s so annoying. Like he knows she likes him, but he acts like she doesn’t.” Soo Young said.

“Then when he finally has the guts to do so, she probably already have a guy in mind.” Yuri said rolling her eyes.

“Yeah, then he gets mad saying he should’ve made action sooner but now it’s too late.” Su Yeon said. The girls scoffed.

“It’s so pathetic.” Mi Young said. “It is. He could’ve spent those years talking to her or something.” Tae Yeon said.

“True, like, getting to know her more.” Soo Young said. “Then when the time comes, tell her you like her, and of course she likes you too, so she’ll say yes if you ask her out.” Yuri said. They sighed then looked at Jae Bum. He looked at them.

            “What do you think?” They asked.

“Well, what if he was a shy guy? What if he was a guy that’s scared to have his heart broken too? You know, like a guy that really likes her, not like other guys who wants to just play with her heart. What if he wanted to go slow and get to know her, but she ditched him and went to an All-Girl’s School: one that he can’t go to.” He said then crossed his legs.

“Maybe she did that on purpose? Maybe she didn’t like him, so she went. You see, he tries so hard to tell her, waking up everyday, looking at himself in the mirror, saying he should tell her today, then going to school and seeing her talk to other guys. Then that makes him mad and not tell her. Then he goes home and beats himself up for it. Saying the next morning, he’ll tell her. But same thing happens again. And she never looks at him. Whatever he tries to get her attention, she never pays attention to him. Even though he thought she liked him, she never paid attention to him.” Jae Bum said sounding mad. He stopped talking and looked at the girls who had their mouths opened shocked. He coughed and sighed.

“I mean,” he said pitching his voice up higher, “that has never happened to me, but I’m just saying.” He told them.

“Wow,” Mi Young finally managed to say. “You can totally be someone I can talk to.” Yuri said. “Yeah, you’re pretty good at these.” Soo Young said.

“So, then, do you know any guys that are like that? Maybe some of your guy friends or something?” Su Yeon asked.

“Yeah, cause I can really use a guy’s comfort right now.” Tae Yeon said. He looked at them and scoffed.

“One day you girls will find a man that’ll love you for who you are. Stop being so desperate.” He said then went to his bedroom.