First Girl Talk

My Secret Identity

 

Jae Bum and they sat around the living room doing normal things. Soo Young sat behind Yuri working on Yuri’s hair for the following day. Su Yeon watched her dramas on TV as usual, eating a bag of popcorn. Tae Yeon ate a bag of chips with a cup of juice on the coffee table watching the drama with Su Yeon too. Jae Bum sat there playing games in his I-Pod with his earphones on. His legs were stretched out in front of him while he was slumped down on the couch, looking sloppy. His fake wig still on, all over the place as usual. He was wearing his sweat pants with a hoodie while the girls were wearing cute shorts and tight shirts and tank tops.

            “Hey, why does Jessica unnie seem like she doesn’t really care about her looks at all.” Yuri asked everyone. They looked over at Jae Bum who was yawning without covering his mouth. He scratched his head making his wig more ugly, and his fake hair sticking out.

“Yeah, I wonder what’s on her mind half of the time.” Soo Young said still working on Yuri’s hair.

“Maybe she was born with brothers only. Surrounded by boys.” Tae Yeon said.

“So, she’s a tomboy?” Mi Young asked. “Mmm, seems like it.” Tae Yeon said.

“There’s no other explanation.” Yuri said.

“Hey, Jessica unnie,” Soo Young called out. All eyes were on him except for Su Yeon who was too into her drama. Jae Bum sneezed without covering his mouth and nose and looked at them. They looked at him with a disgusted face.

“Uh,” he said taking his earphones off. “Sorry about that. Were you guys talking to me?” he asked.

“Uh, yeah,” Soo Young said then continued working on Yuri’s hair. “Oh, what is it?” he asked them wiping his nose.

“Uh, do you have any sisters?” Yuri asked. “Mmm, no,” he said. “Oh, is that right.” Tae Yeon and every one else said.

“So you’re an only child?” Soo Young asked. “Mmm, my parents only had me.” He told them.

“Oh, no wonder.” Mi Young said.

“No wonder what?” he asked looking at them. “Uh,” Mi Young said looking around.

“No wonder you always look so lonely.” Yuri said with a light chuckle. The rest chuckled except Su Yeon who was too into her drama.

“Hey, Su Yeon unnie, will you turn that off? Girl talk.” Yuri said. Su Yeon turned it off and turned to look at them. “What is it?” she asked.

            “Since Jessica’s on her period, let’s talk about period.” Mi Young said thinking. Jae Bum looked at them confused.

“What?” he said. “Yah, no need to hide it.” Soo Young said. “Yeah, we’re all girls.” Yuri said.

“Yeah, no need to be embarrassed.” Tae Yeon said eating her bag of chip still.

            “I’ve been meaning to ask Jessica unnie, how do you sit like that while you’re on your period?” Yuri asked first. Everyone looked at him. He sat down sloppily, slumped down on the couch. He looked at himself then sat up a little.

“Uh, is it bad? I sit like this all the time. Nothing happens.” He told them.

            “Really? Hey, do your guys’ back hurt while you guys are on your period? Mine seem to always hurt.” Tae Yeon said.

“Yeah, mine does that too.” Mi Young said. “And I eat a lot when I’m about to start. That’s how I know.” Su Yeon said.

“Yah, like you don’t stop eating. That must mean you start year long.” Soo Young said. They all chuckled except for Jae Bum.

“Hey, stop being so mean.” Su Yeon said. “Hey, what about you Jessica?” Yuri asked Jae Bum. “What?” He asked confused.

            “What interesting things happen while you’re on your period? Or signs to when you’re going to start?” Yuri asked.

“Um,” he said trying to find something to say. “I...” he said stuttering. “I just... um, you know, like every... GIRL, I just...I bleed.” He said finally. They all just looked at him with confused and weird faces.

            “Oh, that’s-that’s... normal... but okay.” Tae Yeon said. “Yeah,” Mi Young said then sighed and looked at everyone else.

“Hey, you guys know how I broke up with my boyfriend last year right?” Su Yeon said.

“Why are you bringing it up again?” Soo Young asked. “Yah, I’m finished.” She said again then Yuri moved away and went to look at her hair in the mirror. “Hey, this is really nice.” Yuri said. “Thanks.” Soo Young said.          

            “Yah, why did he break up with you again?” Mi Young asked eating some of Tae Yeon’s chips. “Because he said he wasn’t good enough for me.” Su Yeon said sadly. Jae Bum scoffed.

“What a girl.” He said rolling his eyes. All the girl’s eyes were on him. He looked at them.

“What?” He asked wide-eyed. “That’s supposed to be sad.” Yuri said.

“Yeah, and cute at the same time because he must be those innocent and sensitive guys.” Tae Yeon said.

“He must have really loved you.” Mi Young said.

“Pshh, yah, if he really loved you, he wouldn’t have broken up with you in the first place. He was just playing with you.” Jae Bum said annoyed looking the other way.

“Jessica, how can you say that?” Su Yeon asked. “Hey, you’re so heartless.” Yuri said. “Yeah, he said he wasn’t good enough for her.” Soo Young said.

“Meaning that she was too good for him. And he would never match up to her.” Tae Yeon said.

“Yeah, meaning he’s the right guy.” Mi Young said. “Yeah, if it were other guys, they’d just break up with you with no word.” Tae Yeon said.

“Mmm-hmm, or worse, they’d do it in public to get you humiliated.” Soo Young said rolling her eyes.

            “Well, would you guys rather have someone who really loves you and keeps you protected whatever the cost, or someone who breaks up with you when he finds out he can’t be good enough for you?” Jae Bum asked. The girls thought to themselves.

“I think Jessica’s got a point.” Soo Young said nodding her head. “I do. I always do.” He said then sighed.

“Yah Jessica, then what’s better. Being beautiful for a guy you like, or being yourself and making him annoyed every time he sees you?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know. Guys like different things. But you girls are still young. Why talk about boyfriend already?” he asked.

“Jessica, we’re like 24 years old.” Tae Yeon said. “Yeah, and we’re getting lonely on winter days.” Su Yeon said sadly.

“Yeah, I know.” Soo Young said. Jae Bum looked at them then sighed annoyed by their girl acts.

“It’s my sleep time.” He said then got up and went to his bedroom. “Good night.” Everyone said to him.