Su Yeon and Boyfriend Problem

My Secret Identity

 

After school, the girls got home and went to put their things in their bedroom. “I’m hungry.” Tae Yeon said looking through the fridge. “Of course you are.” Mi Young said coming back out, fixing her hair.

“Let’s make food. Or should we go out?” Soo Young said. “Make food. I want to cook tonight.” Yuri said tying her hair back. Su Yeon walked out of her bedroom and twitched when her cell phone rang from her pocket. She got it out.

            “Hello?” She answered. She froze when the person on the other line spoke. She hung up and looked at her friends.

“He wants to meet me.” She said. “Really?” Soo Young said coming to her. Everyone walked over except for Jae Bum who came out of the bathroom.

            “Go, go, go.” Yuri said pushing her out.

            The girls stood outside but behind the closed-door gate while peeking at Su Yeon and her boyfriend outside talking. Jae Bum was watching basketball on his I-Phone, sitting to the side.

“Yah, they’re so cute.” Soo Young said. “Yeah, I think it’s going to work this time.” Yuri said. “It will, no doubt. Look at them.” Mi Young said. “Aw, they’re so cute.” Tae Yeon said. They pushed their heads against each other trying to see and hear what Su Yeon and her boyfriend was talking about.

            “I’m sorry to call you earlier, but there’s something I need to tell you.” Su Yeon’s boyfriend said. She looked at him shyly. “What is it?” she asked nervously.

            “Yah, I can’t hear what they’re saying.” Tae Yeon said pressing her ear against the door.

            “I’m sorry I broke up with you. And, I’m sorry to disappoint you.” He said. “It’s okay.” She said. “I understand I wasn’t being the best I could be too.” She said again.

“No, you were good. You were perfect,” he said then took a deep breath, “but I was lying to you the whole time.”

            “Lying to her the whole time?” Yuri asked. “About what?” Mi Young asked. “Shh, I can’t hear.” Tae Yeon said. “Hey, I can’t see.” Soo Young said. Jae Bum glanced at them and scoffed eating a small bag of chip he had in his pocket.

            Su Yeon’s boyfriend took out a card and gave it to her. She looked at it then at him. “What is it?” she asked him opening it.

            “Yah, what is that?” Soo Young asked trying to see it. “It’s a card.” Tae Yeon said confused, standing still. “A card for what?” Yuri asked stretching her head over to see.

“To go on a trip with him?” Mi Young asked. “Aw, how cute.” They all said.

            Su Yeon opened it up and froze when she read it. Wedding Invitation.

            “Why is she like that?” Yuri asked. “Unless,” Mi Young said then looked at Soo Young.

“Hey, she’s crying. Jessica, come look! She’s crying! What is it?” Soo Young asked. “Yah Jessica, come look!” Tae Yeon pulled him over.

“Yah, it’s none of my business.” He said then looked at Su Yeon and her boyfriend. “Why is she crying?” Yuri asked again. “Didn’t he call and said he wanted to meet her?” Soo Young asked.

“Yeah, he said he had something important to ask her.” Mi Young said. “It’s probably a Wedding Invitation. That’s probably why he broke up with her in the first place.” Jae Bum said then stared at Su Yeon intently. He looked at her worriedly and at the same time confused.

“What? A wedding invitation?” Tae Yeon asked. Jae Bum looked at them then coughed. “Well isn’t it what happens in dramas? They break up because they’re going to marry someone else that they’re cheating behind you with?” He said then went inside his bedroom watching his basketball game from his I-Phone.

            “Why?” Su Yeon asked looking at her boyfriend. “I’m getting married. That was why I broke up with you.” He said.

“What?” she asked. “I’m sorry. But I came here to tell you that, so you wouldn’t misunderstand me. But we were engaged, and now going to marry. It was a family thing. Please understand me.” He said. She cried and dropped the card.

“You came here just to say that?” she asked him. He looked down. “Yeah,” he said. “Yeah, that’s all I came for.” He said. She sobbed.

“You can go now.” She said. He sighed and looked down. “I’m sorry.” He said lastly then left.

            The girls gasped. “Did he just really do that?” they asked each other. They all gasped and ran inside when Su Yeon was walking towards the gate.

            Su Yeon walked inside and went to her room and cried herself to sleep. The girls looked at her go inside her room then came together and talked.