New Year, New You

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol leaves the U.S and Baekhyun hanging.

 


 

"Why can't you stay until after New Years?"

"Jinah booked the flight for today."

"Then tell her to change it."

Chanyeol sighs, looking down at the runt. "I already told my boss I'd be back on Monday."

"Then tell him that you'll be back on Thursday or something. After the first of January!" 

Turning his head up at the ceiling, Chanyeol shakes his head. Above them, the airport announcement plays the same damn message again.

Make sure to keep all personal belongings with you and report any suspicious items-- like that.

"I can't take any more time off," Chanyeol replies. "I have to put in more hours to make up for the days I didn't go in."

"But I still want you here. I don't want you to leave." Baekhyun purses his lips, glancing behind the giant to eye the line that's beginning to form for the passenger security check. "I feel like we didn't do enough things together. I mean, we went to Disneyland and Universal, but... If you stay for a couple more days, we can go somewhere less touristy like, um... oh! There's this museum in LA where we could visit. It's artsy--well, duh. It's a museum and--"

Leaning forward, Chanyeol kisses him on the cheek. It's enough to stop the rambling.

"Write another one of your lists and we'll check off the next time I come around, alright?"

Baekhyun's not convinced. "And when the fudge is that?"

"I don't know yet." Chanyeol shrugs. "In the future, maybe. If ever."

Reaching out, Baekhyun puts his hands on the latter's waist and grips on. 

"You're going to put that photo of me and Salem on your desk, right? So you won't forget." Baekhyun stares at his own hand. "And if you have the time, mail me the Christmas present. I still want it."

"You can have it if you're ever in Korea again--"

"No, I want it now." Looking up, Baekhyun gives the gangster a persistent look. "I can pay for the shipping."

"Baekhyun."

"Chanyeol."

They stare at each other until Channyeol scoffs and looks away. "Fine. Just... give me a few weeks. I'll let you know when I send it."

"Okay! I'd like that, but that doesn't change the fact that I still want you to stay." Hugging the gangster, Baekhyun buries his face in his boyfriend's jacket. "Promise me that you'll call when you get back to Korea? You'll arrive around 3 or 4 a.m, right? It'll be around noon for me, so I'll be awake! If you don't call, I'll probably assume you ran off with someone prettier than me that you met on the plane or something!"

Chanyeol says nothing, but he does sigh softly before hugging the runt back with his only free hand. He grips the handle of his duffle bag with the other.

"Stop being so annoying, for 's sake."

Baeekhyun laughs. "One of us has to be annoying! Or else that'd be so boring!"

Scoffing, Chanyeol looks off. "Yeah? Maybe I like it boring."

"We can be boring when after we're two happily married eighty-year olds and--well, probably bedridden, too." Grinning, Baekhyun giggles at the thought. "Until then, you'll just have to hug me back and tell me you love me, too. Even if I'm annoying."

The look Chanyeol gives him is soft.

And it's unlike any other expression he's ever given him.

It throws Baekhyun in a slight loop, but he doesn't get enough time to decypher it all--to know what any of it means. Before he can ask any more questions, Chanyeol leans in for a kiss. 

However, it isn't on the lips.

With his lips pressed softly against the runt's cheek, Chanyeol lingers a bit longer than usual before pulling away and stepping back, away from the latter's grasp. "I should go," he says tightly, voice fighting against sounding strained. "I still have to get to the gate."

"Yeol--"

"Remember what I told you about school. You better stay focused and stop getting distracted by stupid boys." 

"I am focused--and I don't! That's just dumb. I don't even like stupid boys. Just you."

"Exactly." Chanyeol exhales. "I'll see you later, runt."

Turning around, Chanyeol starts walking to the check-in line, handing the attendant his ticket and passport to verify that he's a passenger. Baekhyun, on the other hand, is forced to stop at the end.

Something inside of him is saying that it's... not good. It's not terrible, but the feeling isn't great either.

It's just stagnant.

Just before Chanyeol enters the security check area, he looks back and holds up a hand, waving good-bye.

In turn, Baekhyun does the same. He wants to say more--and he does start to actually say it-- but before anything else came come out of his mouth, Chanyeol's already gone.

 


 

Baekhyun waits for the call, and he gives the giant a little bit of leeway after considering the time he's probably spending in the immigration linee, customs, and so on. Maybe the gangster got home and was so tired he fell asleep-- maybe that's why he's not calling.

By the time the day ends and Baekhyun still didn't get a single call, he decides to do it himself, but calling Chanyeol's phone sends him to voicemail.

Every single time.

 


a/n: heheh ok :]

leave me a vote and a comment you HEATHENS lol bye! sleepy time

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz