Summer Bummer

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun flips the table.

- - - - - - -

[ present ; 2013 ]

Baekhyun doesn't move out of the way. He stays in place, glaring.

Upset. Hurt.

But still reserved (only because there're people in the house and he doesn't want to make a scene).

At the same time, Chanyeol doesn't want to be there either, so he makes the first move. He puts a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and shoves him out of the way— easily.

However, Baekhyun's persistence stays the same. As soon as he's out of the way, he spins back around and grabs hold of the gangster's jacket, pulling him back.

"If you really don't want to be here— then why come back in the first place, huh? Unless you wanted something else."

Chanyeol pivots and pushes the latter's hand away. "Just wanted to see an old friend, runt. Nothing more, nothing less."

"So now I'm just an 'old friend'." Baekhyun frowns. "You didn't even call me."

"Thought you'd end smart enough to get the hint."

"If you didn't call or text me anything, then it's not a real break up."

"It's a break up when I say it is," Chanyeol says harshly.

But Baekhyun's not fazed. "You didn't even say anything, stupid!"

"Because you're too dumb to get the ing hint!

Angrily, Baekhyun lets go of him. "You're not being a good boyfriend," he says.

"I don't have to worry about being a good boyfriend when I'm not--"

"Do you even know how sad I've been? All this time, I thought it was my fault because you didn't have fun during the holidays with me. Maybe it was about Jon or something, but how am I supposed to know? You just— disappeared! POOF!" Baekhyun flails his arms around. "Like some kind of fever dream!"

Chanyeol realizes that Baekhyun's not going to ing move so he takes a step back, making space. Then, he puts his hands in his pockets. "I've dated a lot of other people before you, Byun. It's just how I end things. Move on."

Baekhyun shoves a finger against the giant's chest. It's small, but it still kind of hurts. "And suddenly, I'm like all those other people?"

"That's the thing--you weren't."

"Then why are you treating me like I was?"

Changing the subject, Chanyeol rolls his eyes, looking up at the sky. "Are you going to step aside or do I have to walk through the ing garden to find another way to the front of the damn house?"

"You haven't apologized yet."

"And what's an apology going to do?"

Pursing his lips, Baekhyun takes in a deep breath. "If you apologize, I'll forgive you," he says. "Then we can be tent buddies next weekend because we're all going camping and I want to share a tent--"

"I don't talk to you for six ing months and you're ready to forget all of that if I apologize?" Chanyeol's appalled--and disappointed in Baekhyun. "Do you have any standards, runt?"

"Yeah-- you. Nothing more, nothing less, right?"

Chanyeol looks at him. "What's your overall grade point average?"

"What?"

"I said, what the 's your GPA, runt," Chanyeol says, repeating himself, which he hates. A lot.

"4.0-- I don't see why this is important--"

Shaking his head, Chanyeol steps back again and turns around. He eyes the stone staircase that descended from the balcony and down to the garden. "Since you're not going to move, I'll just find another way around."

Before he can start walking his way to the stairs, the sliding door opens and Jongdae pops out. "Hey, have you guys made up yet? I think we should cut the cake now! Sehun wants a slice--"

With Baekhyun distracted, Chanyeol takes the opportunity to push the runt to the side, finally gaining access back inside the house.

Stepping away from the door, Jongdae let's Chanyeol pass but gets pushed again when Baekhyun follows after.

Sehun sees the two enter and happily excuses himself being the third wheel of Jongin and Taemin's relationship. "Hey, Baekhyun! Are we getting cake or—"

But he's interrupted by Jinah.

"Chanyeol, can you please stop making a big dramatic scene? It's not good for the baby." She turns to Taehyung who's sitting beside her on the couch. "Love, please read my spiritual vital signs right now."

"On it!" Taehyung closes his eyes and puts a hand on Jinah's belly. "SKSJSKSJSKSJSKSJJSJSJSJSKS!"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. This ing house is a goddamn circus. He reaches into his back pocket and takes out a small, white envelope which he hands to the runt.

"Here. It's a gift card that I got from a gas station on my way over here."

Minseok almost chokes on his sparkling wine. "A GAS STATION?" He gags. "A gift from a gas station! Dear friend, you should've asked me! I would've bought him a gift and maybe signed your name on it, too!"

Baekhyun ignores everyone around them, shoving the card away. "I want an explanation, Park Chanyeol. I didn't stack up on my school units and beg my parents to let me come back for the summer just so you could keep acting like a stupid, mean butthole." He pauses. "I want my boyfriend back."

"Yeah, but ex-boyfriend doesn't want you back."

"You're not 'ex-boyfriend'... You're still 'boyfriend'."

Sehun coughs, glancing back and forth at them. "Waaaait. Does Little Boss know about Rin?"

Jongdae realizes that it's probably time to get the cake out of the fridge so he excuses himself and runs off to the kitchen.

Looking back at the gangster, Baekhyun frowns...

"Who's Rin?"

Chanyeol sends a glare to his friend's way. "Sehun—"

"Who's Rin?" Baekhyun asks again.

Except... he's louder now.

Everyone's watching him— all of their mutual friends. ing everyone.

"Just someone I've been seeing from work. Casually."

"Casually."

There's silence...

Then Minseok picks up his locked phone and pretends to take a call. "Oh? My brand new 2014 Lamborghini has been delivered? Outside? I'll be right there!" He looks around. "Lady Jinah... and gentlemen. Shall we go see my new car?"

"Oh, I've never seen a Lamborghini before!" Taemin exclaims. "Let's go, Nini!"

Jinah rolls her eyes. "You're all so ing boring! Ugh, Taehyung, sweetie. Let's ditch."

In one big massive crowd, everyone leaves the area and goes out of the front door to stare at Minseok's invisible Lamborghini. Even Jongdae runs out after them, still carrying the cake platter in his hands.

It leaves Chanyeol alone with the runt... again.

This time, Baekhyun's not looking at him anymore. He's keeping his eyes on the ground.

"I studied really hard just to come back for the summer. I did it for you."

"You weren't supposed to do that."

"Then what was I supposed to do? Just— accept the fact that you disappeared, never called me again, blocked me, and a whole list of stuff? Did you really think moving on was going to be that easy as if that was even an option?"

"I never expected it to be an easy option... Just the best."

"Best for who?"

"You." Chanyeol clenches his jaw.

"And what about you?" Baekhyun throws back. "Have you moved on?"

"Clearly."

There's a pause.

"You're so bad at lying." Running a hand through his hair, Baekhyun sighs softly. "Okay, you know what, Yeollie? Fine."

"Fine?"

"Yeah. Give me that envelope." Baekhyun holds out his hand. There's a bit of hesitation on Chanyeol's part but he gives it up anyways. After ripping it open, the runt pulls out the card and skins through it. "If you wanna keep casually seeing this Rin person, fine. But if you want to win me back, then you have a month. Then... if you really don't care anymore, I'll cut you off, too, and try my best to forget everything about you. It won't be easy, but I can only chase you  for so long, Yeol."

Looking back up at the gangster, Baekhyun offers a small smile. "So start thinking of ways on how to get me back or I'll be mad."

- - - - - - - -

A/n: I wanted them to go campingggfff as exesssss (kinda)

Leave a vote and a comment if ur ugly, BIH