Pinky Swears

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a (sad) gangster.

 


Baekhyun pouts, and Jongdae pretends not to notice it, but when the brunet starts sighing repeatedly, he's forced to look up from his textbook and give his friend a concerned look. It's been forty minutes since they arrived at Jongdae's house and Baekhyun hasn't done an ounce of work.

"Okay. Spill. What's wrong?" Jongdae asks, eyeing the boy who's been rolling around in his bed. "We need to finish this project and you're not helping because you're, like, sad! Is this about Park Chanyeol again—"

"Should I just tell Cal Tech that I don't wanna go anymore?" Baekhyun mutters. The pillow hugged across his chest is muffling his voice.

Jongdae can't believe what he's hearing. "But you got an early admission for their summer program!" he says, putting his pencil down on his desk. "It's a good school and, you know, it's a cool opportunity."

"But it's not here." It's obvious Baekhyun's sad. "I... I mean, what about Chanyeol?"

"Baek, you can't drop everything for a guy! Everyone knows couples break up after high school."

"Is that real?"

"Yeah, it is! Haven't you ever watched, like, a novella or something." Rolling his eyes, Jongdae shakes his head. "Your parents already have everything packed. You can't change your mind now. It's too late! I mean, really. If you stay, then what do you do? What's Chanyeol going to do? Work at the convenience store?"

"Well—"

"No offense, Baekhyun, but I told you already. You're having a bad boy phase." Jongdae looks at him sympathetically. "You can keep dating him since you like him, but, like... Don't throw away your dreams and hard work for a guy. You'll have to break up with him eventually. We both know you just wanted a boyfriend because you were having a senior year crisis."

"That's not true," Baekhyun argues. "I thought he was cute. I didn't really think about it until he actually called me back that one time... Oh, Dae. I don't know what to do!"

"Wow, you're really like a dog chasing after a car, huh? Now that you got it, you don't know what to do with it."

"It's not the same thing!"

"Uh huh," Jongdae says, unconvinced. "Well, make sure you tell your boyfriend so you don't just disappear out of nowhere one day. He might come after me."

Baekhyun bites one of his Jongdae's pillows and starts wailing.

 


 

On Saturday morning, Baekhyun visits Chanyeol at his home and watches the gangster play Apex with the rest of the Handsomest Boys. It looks like a fun game but Baekhyun doesn't like all the clicking involved, so he focuses on finishing his calculus homework while sitting on his boyfriend's bed.

"He's in here—here, here, here! Got him. He's down. There's one more."

Baekhyun smiles while he solves for the limits of the equation.

"Go in—. I'm down. Get him—He's behind the building— There. Right there! Yes."  Slamming his hands on his desk, Chanyeol gets up and takes off his headset.

"Did you win?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol replies as he's clicking out of the game and putting his game on standby. After the screen finishes transitioning to its sleep mode, he turns around and walks over, joining the brunet on the bed.

"Are you done with homework?"

"Almost." Baekhyun sneaks a glance over at his boyfriend. "Why?"

"Just wondering. Stay focused." Chanyeol shrugs, but he keeps eyeing the piece of paper that Baekhyun's working on. "Make sure you get all of it right."

Baekhyun giggles, turning his attention back to the problem. It's hard to do homework when Chanyeol's really distracting—even more so now that he's done playing video games.

"You can help me check my answers if you want!"

Math's not really Chanyeol's thing. "I'll pass. Thanks."

"Mmm, it's not that hard. We're actually doing—"

Baekhyun's phone rings and Bad Boy starts playing ('Be my bad boy, be my man...'). Even Chanyeol can recognize who it is.

"Don't answer that," the gangster tells him sternly.

But Baekhyun thinks it's rude so he ignores Chanyeol's request and answers the phone anyways.

"Hi, Myeonnie!"

Rolling his eyes to the ceiling, Chanyeol plops down on his bed. What the did Junmyeon want?

"Yes... Oh, mhm. I sent it over already, so— Huh? You want me to... Oh." Baekhyun looks over at the gangster and they meet eyes for a brief second. "Sure! I'll see you on Saturday."

He hangs up, and the first thing that Chanyeol does is open up his arms—a clear invitation to crawl over and hug him.

Which Baekhyun does.

"What was that about?" Chanyeol asks, trying not to sound too annoyed (but Junmyeon, though).

"Myeonnie's having a party next, next Saturday. He says it's a special party and that I should go."

Didn't BMW boy have a surprise party for Baekhyun going on, too? But it was at Jongdae's house.... Then why is Junmyeon throwing a party?

Unless he knows about Baekhyun, too. But that would mean that someone told him...

Chanyeol looks at the way Baekhyun's snuggling up next to him. He can't help but wonder if the runt trusts Junmyeon more than he trusts him.

"Are you going?"

"Hm? Oh, yes!"

"Why?"

"Because I said I would!" Baekhyun reaches out and gently pokes Chanyeol on the cheer. "You shouldn't break promises, you know."

"Yeah?"

Nodding, Baekhyun reaffirms his statement.

"Okay, then. Promise me that you'll never lie to me about where you're going." Holding out his pinky, Chanyeol waits for Baekhyun to do the same. It takes a few seconds before the little runt gets the idea.

Smiling, Baekhyun hooks their pinkies together and swears. "You're a dummy," he laughs. "I just told you I'd just be going to ver to visit Myeonnie! But that's okay. At least you're my dummy."

Chanyeol scoffs half-heartedly. That wasn't what he meant but it seems to have gone over the runt's head. "Your dummy?"

"Yes. My dummy... who I lo—"

Baekhyun's phone vibrates again, but this time, it's not Junmyeon.

Chanyeol can tell by the way Baekhyun scrambles off of him and quickly excuses himself to the apartment living room. Again.

 


A/n: I'm so tired goodnight

Leave a comment it's 1am and I mVERY Hungry

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )