Prom

Think About It

“I got us our prom bids!”

Chanyeol kind of snaps. He looks up and sees Baekhyun (Hyun? Hoon. No, Hyun) running over to him. God, he has short legs. It’s almost annoying.

“What the are you going on about?”

Baekhyun holds up two pieces of paper. “Prom! I bought our tickets. Here. You have to sign this contract saying you won’t grind against me or anything. I already filled it out for you so you just have to sign it.”

Taken aback, Chanyeol furrows his brows. “What the --”

“It cost $60, but that’s okay. You don’t have to pay me back.” Baekhyun shoves the contract in the giant’s hands. “Can you sign it now so I can go take it to the office.”

Unfortunately, Chanyeol’s friends are with him. There’s Jongin and Sehun. Both of them were terrible people--or at least, the rumors say they are.

They laugh and Chanyeol scowls back. Jongin takes the cigarette from his mouth and his head. “Is this your new ?”

“He’s not my new--”

“Um, excuse me, but the word’s boyfriend,” Baekhyun corrects, walking over to Jongin. He startles him by taking the cigarette and tossing it over the fence, letting it fall from the rooftop. “Second, yes, I am.”

“Oh, yeah?” Jongin says. He’s pissed off. That was his last stick and he didn’t have any more. Plus, he hadn’t even really started on it. “Since when? Cause Chaneyol’s never mentioned you at all.”

“That’s because he’s shy.”

There’s a pause, but then Jongin breaks out in laughter. “You ing hear that, Sehun!? Shy! He says Park’s shy!”

Growling, Chanyeol crushes the contract in his hand and pulls Baekhyun by the neck of his shirt. “Get the away from my sight--and take this with you!”

Baekhyun furrows his brows. “You haven’t signed it!” he cries, holding the unsigned paper.

“I’m not going to goddamn prom with you!”

“But--”

Sehun snorts. “Look at this guy,” he mutters to Jongin who leans over. “Can’t take a ing hint.” Then to Baekhyun, he says loudly, “What do you want from him, troll? You wanna get bent?”

Baekhyun bites his lip. “No, I--” He huffs, turning back to Chanyeol. “You have to go! It’s what boyfriends do and--”

“How many times do I have to ing tell you that we’re not dating!” Chanyeol practically snaps.

“You said we were! At the bar! In front of that girl!”

“That was all fake! I keep telling you this!” Chanyeol moves him away. “You’re so goddamn stupid and naive, not to mention annoying as hell.”

“Hey!”

“And you know what else? You’re sad as . You can’t get a date without forcing someone?”

That shuts Baekhyun up. Chanyeol can tell he’s bothered and he takes the opportunity to take advantage of it. “You’re ing delusional. Thanks for the help two weeks ago, but you’re useless to me. I don’t want to see you again.”

For a second, Baekhyun makes a noise and hangs his head. Then he jerks up and takes the paper from Chanyeol’s hand, ripping it in two--then four. Again, into six. Letting the papers fall, he lets out a breath.

“Fine,” he says, but he doesn’t sound fine at all to Chanyeol. “You’re the worst boyfriend ever though… And I mean ever, Park Chanyeol! Like, prehistoric times until now ‘ever’!”

Chanyeol didn’t have the chance to say anything about how Baekhyun mentions him as his boyfriend again. The runt runs off and down the stairwell before he can really say anything.

Oddly, he feels some sort of guilt along with his sense of relief. Trying to shake it off, he turns back to Jongin and Sehun who’re looking at him in a surprising way.

“Harsh, man.”

“Really.”

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol shakes his head. “He needs to stop bothering me. He was asking for it.”

His friends take his answer and don’t question him any further.