Love bugs

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun sleeps over.

 


Chanyeol can't stop looking at the runt.

He can't.

Even though a few weeks had passed, he's still not used to the black hair or the mature way that he handles himself. Not to say that Baekhyun's any less gullible and naive as he was before; it's just that...

Now Chanyeol thinks that the runt just likes to play dumb.

Sometimes.

He finishes making the peanut and butter sandwiches and takes the plate back into the living room where Baekhyun's sitting on the floor, busy with his phone. On the small tv (that Baekhyun found on the street and decided to dump in the gangster's house), Gordon Ramsay is busy yelling at restaurant owners over ty pasta and uncooked meat.

"Here."

Looking up, Baekhyun lets out a soft gasp as he reaches for the plate, which Chanyeol quickly hands off to him. "Yeol, I've been craving trashy American sandwiches since I got back here!"

"I know."

"Especially thiiiis."

"I know. That's why we went to the store."

"Ugh..." Baekhyun puts one in his mouth. "When I was in California, all I wanted was spicy beef soup and kimchi fried rice with a decent egg. Oh, and you. But now that I'm here and I'm with you again, all I want these days is a little pop tart and pb&j!"

"Maybe it's time to go back to California," Chanyeol says as he sits down next to his runt.

With his shoulders slanted, Baekhyun gives the giant an upset look. "That's not funny. I miss peanut butter and jelly, but I'd rather miss that than be jelly that your pea-nut's not in my -er!"

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol scoffs. "Yeah, okay."

"You don't believe me?"

"I do. It's not like you're the type to lie."

"I mean, I can be."

"Can be what?"

"The type to lie to you." Baekhyun presses his lips together. "I mean, I can say that I'm like a doctor and you're my patient. Or... Oh! I know. Let's say we're college roommates and you're the big, bad, hunky jock and I'm your bookworm roommate that you fall in love with all willy nilly."

"Uh-huh."

Chanyeol raises a brow when he notices the runt put his sandwich down to turn around and face him.

"Yeol, you better stop acting like you wouldn't fall in love with me if we were roommates. I don't like stupid boys."

"Now that's a lie."

"What lie?"

"You. Liking stupid boys."

"I don't."

"Then what am I?"

"My boyfriend."

Chanyeol wants to laugh... but he doesn't. Because the joke's stupid and so he's not going to laugh at it because it's only going to encourage the runt to make more stupid jokes...

Which he doesn't want.

"So I'm not stupid then?"

"Stupidly in love with me, but that's about it!" Baekhyun looks so proud of himself that Chanyeol can't really bring himself to counter the statement. instead, he just sighs and leans back and just takes one of the sandwiches for himself. "But you're not dumb. I mean, I don't think you are. Maybe-- Well, sometimes you are, but you're smart, too. I just like you the way you are."

"Thanks. Me, too."

"What does that mean?"

"I like you just the way you are, too."

 


Leaving CalTech for Korea was a... big move.

A part of him says that it was a mistake.

But Baekhyun's sticking to his guts because he knows what he wants and what's possible, and anything's possible if he's with Chanyeol. There are a whole bunch of universities out there, but only one of the gangsters.

And he's met a few other gangsters, too. They're not very bright.

If he's being honest, they're kind of boring. Like, really boring.

They were sometimes a bit dangerous, too, but not the kind of danger that Baekhyun liked either. They seemed like they're the type of bad boys who break hearts--and not the kind to really be down for the L-word (hint: love).

But Baekhyun doesn't regret anything.

Rolling over, he stares at the sleeping gangster (since they're having a sleepover and Aunt Chaerin is out of town because she's a professional gambler).

Quite frankly, he can't stop looking at him and, sure, they do kiss a lot (like all the time), but Baekhyun never gets tired of it. At all. Which is why he always carries around his chapstick.

But he can't resist the urge to scoot closer and quickly kiss the gangster on his cheek.

Beep boop bop.

Just as he's pulling away, Baekhyun jolts when he hears the gangster's groggy voice.

"What was that for...?"

"Because I love you. Lots."

Chanyeol snorts, eyes still closed.

"Go to sleep, runt," he mutters... but something about it tells Baekhyun that he's smiling.


a/n: literal word vomit