Cold, Warm Nights

Think About It

Summary: Baekhyun's caught in a smore and Chanyeol is caught in the middle.

- - - - - - 

 

"Chanyeol doesn't really say much, does he?"

Baekhyun looks up and sees Jen taking a seat on the bench next to him. He smiles because talking about Chanyeol always makes him happy. "Not all the time! Sometimes he's quiet, but he gets pretty loud! Especially when he's yelling at me."

"Yelling at you?" Jen's confused.

"Yeah, like... When he gets jealous or mad that I'm talking to Junmyeonnie!"

"That doesn't sound healthy!"

"Huh?" Baekhyun turns his head and watches Chanyeol carry his snowboard under his arm. The giant's getting hot chocolate for both of them. "Well, he's not yelling. It's more like he's just being loud from, uh, excitement!"

Jen doesn't get it, but she nods anyway. "Oh, okay! I thought he was being quiet because he didn't like us."

"No, he doesn't like Jon! But he likes everyone else--Well, maybe not Sam either..." Baekhyun laughs. "I don't mind. I like him all jealous and stuff."

"He knows Jon likes you?"

"Yeah."

Sighing, Jen nods. "To be honest, the way you talk about Chanyeol sometimes, I didn't think you'd still be together!"

Baekhyun frowns. What's that supposed to mean?

"How do I talk about him?" Baekhyun asks carefully.

"You know... sad!" Jen shrugs. "Did you give him the talk yet? The thing will you and I talked about a few days before break started."

"Oh, that?" Baekhyun vaguely remembers it... "Not yet. I don't think I need to anymore! We're okay again!"

"Of course you are! He's here! What will happen when he goes back to Korea?" Jen gives him a concerned face... It makes Baekhyun kind of feel uneasy again. Something he hasn't felt since finals week. "You still have to talk about the long-distance relationship. Also, I get that he doesn't talk very much, but that's a problem if you guys are thousands of miles apart!"

"I know. Uh, I'll talk to him soon."

It's kind of a lie.

Baekhyun doesn't know how to bring up the things he's unhappy with, especially with their long-distance relationship. It's scary to even think about, like... what if Chanyeol took it the wrong way?

Maybe he won't.

He probably won't. If anything, Chanyeol can bee open-minded! Like when he...

Um... 

"Baek?"

"Huh?" Baekhyun gives Jen a blank stare for a few seconds before recollecting himself. "Sorry! What were you saying?"

"I asked if you're still planning to sit around the fire pit with the rest of us later? Or... do you have plans with Chanyeol?" She winks. 

But Baekhyun doesn't get it. "No, we'll be there! Why wouldn't we? I want all of us to have fun!"

Jen rolls her eyes. "But if all of us are outside, then that means you and Chanyeol have the cabin to yourself for about an hour."

It takes a moment before it clicks. "Oh!" Baekhyun gasps. "That! The wink wonk! Oh, I don't know, Jen... That seems kind of rude! I think we should just make smores."

"You sure? I could cover you."

"It's okay! Chanyeol's kind of loud sometimes. I don't want to cause an avalanche."

 


 

Chanyeol doesn't know what the  smores are... 

Two biscuits and chocolate squished together? With marshmallow, too? 

For 's sake, he misses Korean food. The snow and freezing weather makes him crave his mom's spicy soup, not... whatever the Baekhyun's putting together for him.

"It'll be a little sweet... I know that's not your favorite, but try it once, okay? Pleaaase?" Baekhyun pouts, which is enough for Chanyeol to reluctantly open his mouth. "If you don't like it, I'll eat the rest."

Grunting, Chanyeol chewed it up... and swallowed that dry piece of cracker.

He needs water.

"How was it?"

It's terrible. Who the came up with this bright idea? Chanyeol swallows, but it's hard to get it down. That cracker was dry as .

"I'll be right back," Chanyeol croaks, covering his mouth with his arm as he coughed. "I'm going back inside to get water."

Baekhyun nods as he watches Chanyeol rise from his seat. "Come back soon-- Oh! And can you get my phone? I think I left it on the counter. I had my hands full with the sticks and marshmallows."

"Sure thing," Chanyeol manages to say as he quickly starts to walk back into the cabin, leaving Baekhyun with the rest of them.

 


 

Once inside, Chanyeol immediately grabs himself a glass of water, chugging it down. Once it's empty, he looks around the kitchen area and spots Baekhyun's phone next to the microwave. 

He doesn't think twice about it as he's picking it up, but the reminder on the lock-screen notificants tap catches his attention immediately.

[ Reminders ] Finish DRAFT! Talk with Yeol.

 


a/n: good night!