Chances

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol makes his decision and Baekhyun snaps.

 


 

"Jon, can you give us a second?"

"But are you are okay?"

Chanyeol really doesn't like this guy. "Tell him to leave."

"I'm trying," Baekhyun says to him before looking back at Jon. "I'm fine— just go back downstairs. I'll talk to you later or something."

The only word that Chanyeol recognized was 'talk'.... Talk about what? To who?

Goddamn limited understanding of language—.

"You know what? Never mind. Where's my phone?" Ignoring Jon, Chanyeol turns around and walks back to his bag. He didn't have the phone when he went on his walk and it wasn't downstairs. So it must be in the room somewhere.

"I know I don't have the right to say much, but if he's making you—"

Baekhyun interrupts him. "Jon, can you stop assuming things? Chanyeol's not like that."  Hearing Chanyeol curse behind him, the brunet looks back. "It's in the side of your bag."

Chanyeol pauses for a second before sticking his hand on the outside of his bag. Sure enough, it's there. He doesn't question how the runt even knew that. The gangster just gets up and heads out the door, which Jon's blocking.

ing hell.

"Tell him to move."

"Where are you going? " Baekhyun purses his lips together. "Yeollie—"

Getting the hint, Jon steps aside. As Chanyeol moves past him, he catches the guy giving him that look.

That stupid, annoying, judgmental type of look.

.

Chanyeol doesn't know what annoys him the more. The fact that he's angry to the point where he just wants to be alone or else... .

He never breaks down but this might just do it.

 


 

Chanyeol leaves. Just like that.

It leaves Baekhyun feeling hurt, but he knows that the latter probably doesn't mean to make him feel that way. He's probably just reacting to everything and...

Fudge.

There's something about the way Chanyeol's acting that feels really bad, like it's just not... going right.

They had argued before. And Chanyeol has walked out a few times, too...

But it never felt this permanent.

Or felt like it was heading toward somewhere permanent.

"Baekhyun."

Jon snaps him out of it, but it triggers something. The need to go after the gangster... hits him like a wave, but Jon steps in front of him, blocking the door.

"I need to have a word with you."

"Please get out of the way, Jon," Baekhyun says, but the guy won't budge.

"I know he's your boyfriend and you wanted him here, but it's... I don't know. It's been weird for everyone else." Jon crosses his arms. "And now you're fighting and crying— Jen heard you guys last night, too."

"Can you please—"

"Baekhyun, this whole trip has been awkward because of him! Guy can't even talk to the rest of us and spends half the time glaring. It's like he's ing mad all the time like some anti-social prick."

Gaping at him, Baekhyun goes silent... for a few seconds— before he snaps. "He's not anti-social, you fudging ! A lot of people back home actually like him but you wouldn't know that because you're just some monolingual fudging bum whose dad bribed for you to get in! Now move out of the way, deaf @$$ b!^€#!"

Forcibly shoving his way past his roommate (probably soon-to-be-ex-roommate), Baekhyun hurries down the stairs and almost bumps into Jay as he starts going up.

"Sorry!" Baekhyun says, quickly apologizing. "Did you see where Chanyeol went?"

"It's okay! He went out on the deck in the back. Careful, though! The deck's slippery this morning!"

Baekhyun gives him a tired smile. "Thanks. I'll keep it in mind."

Ignoring the eyes that he knows are on him as he speed walks to the back door, Baekhyun takes one step on the deck before realizing he doesn't have any shoes on.

Looking up, he sees Chanyeol not too far from the deck area, talking on his phone. Biting his lips, Baekhyun decided to go back inside the cabin, run, and get his boots.

By the time he gets back to the deck and puts on the boots, Chanyeol's a little farther  away than he was before. From the cabin's view, he's kind of obscured by all the trees, but still not so far that Baekhyun can't catch up.

Shutting the door behind him, Baekhyun tries to quickly make his way to the gangster, but ends up going too fast and accidentally slips just as he gets to the staircase. He falls down 4 steps before hitting the ground— and it hurts his knees.

He's also still in his pajamas so the snow immediately soaks in.

"YEOL, I FELL AND HURT MY KNEEEEEEEEE!" Baekhyun wails loudly, making sure the gangster hears him.

And he does.

As soon as Baekhyun sees Chanyeol look his way, he plops the rest of his body in the snow.

The snow is really cold... and it's all over his body.

After a seconds, he hears footsteps nearing him. Then, he's immediately pulled up into a sitting position before being hauled up to his feet.

Chanyeol doesn't look too happy, but Baekhyun can't tell whether it's because of his injury or because of their argument... Hopefully it's about the injury (i.e scrapped knee).

"You shouldn't have came out here," Chanyeol  mutters, holding the runt up by the waist. From what Baekhyun can tell, he's angry. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"My hurts— and my knee, too."

"Have someone look at that for you inside."

Baekhyun frowns, looking up at him. "You're not going to help?"

"I have to finish my call."

"With who?"

Chanyeol's lips thin, but he doesn't even bother looking the brunet in the eye, which strikes Baekhyun as... distant.

"Jinah," Chanyeol says without much commentary before going back on the topic of injuries. "Make sure they sit you in a place where you won't move around as much—"

But Baekhyun interrupts. "Why...?"

"So you won't strain yourself—"

"I mean, why Jinah...?" They reach the back door. Just as Chanyeol starts reaching for it, Baekhyun leans over and pushes his hand away from the handle. "Why're you calling Jinah...?"

"Let's get you inside—" When his hand gets shoved again, Chanyeol glares at him. "Baekhyun."

"But what about Jinah? Tell me."

Clenching his jaw, Chanyeol holds his gaze steady... but then looks away. "I asked for another favor, for s sake."

"What favor...?"

Chanyeol doesn't immediately answer, but when he can feel Baekhyun trying to become antsy and push him away, the gangster relents. "I asked her to pull some connections. Said she'd call me after a few minutes."

"But what is it about? You haven't told me anything yet." When Chanyeol goes silent again, Baekhyun moves away from him, even if he has to limp. "Yeol—"

"She's sending a car over and it's going to take me to a private runaway about an hour from here."

It's then that Baekhyun starts realizing what's happening...

He doesn't like it.

"Park Chanyeol, stop—"

"I think I should... just go back home."

 


A/n: BYEEEEES GOOD NIGHT  so tired lately when I update. I can't even write a joke

Leave me a vote and a comment if u stan an emotional Kpop boy

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz