Block Party

Think About It

Summary: Baekhyun's on the bunny hill and Chanyeol's just on a slippery slope.

 


Baekhyun's wobbly on skis and falls a bunch of times. It annoys Chanyeol because the stupid idiot's probably going to have bruises later.

He usually likes snowboarding on his own, and Baekhyun even said (at one point) that he should just go down the big boy hill and leave him behind on the bunny hill— the easiest of the hills.

But that makes Chanyeol feel like — even if it's just the thought.

Staring up the snow hill, Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun gradually glides down. He's pretty slow... Even the little kids are going down faster than he is.

Chanyeol doesn't say anything about it.

"You're doing good," he says, nodding at his stumbling boyfriend. "Try and relax. It'll help you be more fluid."

"It's just scary! I feel like I can't stop."

"That's what your poles are for. Remember your feet position when you want to slow down or come to a stop."

Chanyeol watched as the runt slides past him. He waits a few seconds before boarding down the slope. He only stops after he's a little bit ahead. "I didn't get to talk to you about this earlier but... what do you want for Christmas?"

Baekhyun looks up from his concentration. He almost fumbles again. "Nothing...? I'm perfectly fine with you being my gift."

"Hm." Chanyeol purses his lips together. "That's nice, but what do you really want?"

"Um..." Baekhyun slides by him again. Turning his head, he says, "Maybe something handmade? Oh! Or maybe, personalized?"

Chanyeol twists his body around to maneuver his board downhill again. "Okay... What happened to the music box I gave you?"

Maybe he can craft something that can be added to the box.

Like a little add-on.

"Oh, um, it's in my closet. In my dorm." Baekhyun's knees start wobbling again. He's going a little too fast for comfort (in his point of view). "It bothers Jon sometimes when I play it and he likes the room quiet so— Ah! Fudge butter!"

Tumbling on the ground, Baekhyun groans once he manages to gain his balance. He puts his hands on the grown and heaves a push just to get himself back on his feet.

Chanyeol skids to a stop right next to him and helps the runt back up.

"Thanks..." Baekhyun mutters. "You know... I might not be that good at this. I'm kind of tired already!"

Looking at the end of the slope, Chanyeol figures it's not that far. "I think you'll be able to get down there all by yourself. Use your poles."

Adjusting his grip on the ski poles, Baekhyun nods. "Right. I'll try to remember that."

Leaving a small, tiny pause, Chanyeol moves, giving the latter space. The comment about the music box still bothers him, but...

.

He can't bring himself to bring that up and Chanyeol doesn't know why.

Maybe because it's not Baekhyun's fault that Jon's a ing, whiny dumb with sensitive ears. For 's sake, get earplugs.

It makes him not like the guy even more even though he didn't like him to begin with.

"I'll go ahead and just meet you at the bottom." Chanyeol makes sure that Baekhyun's standing upright before slowly gliding down. "You'll be fine."

"Wait--" Nervously, Baekhyun nods. "Okay! Um... I'll try!"

Without looking back, Chanyeol leans forward slightly and starts the descent. On the way down, he wonders (infuriatingly) if Jon's going to have issues over the ring he's going to give the runt later... Maybe it's going to be too shiny and distracting. Jon will probably make up some ing excuse.

What a ing idiot.

It's hard to pick a fight with someone that doesn't know Korean. If he did, Chanyeol wouldn't have any all. He can probably solve it with his fists anyways (not that Baekhyun would ever allow that).

As soon as Chanyeol reaches the bottom, he whips his head back and watches as Baekhyun glides down, much faster than the speed he was going at for most of the way. Yet, to the gangster's surprise, he was able to stop on his own without falling forward or using his knees.

It makes Chanyeol proud.

 


[ 2013 ]

"Were you hiding here all this time!?"

Chanyeol wants to leave this ing party. "Do you have to have to be a loudmouth, Jinah?"

"I'm pregnant! Don't scold me!" Pushing him out of the way, Jinah fans herself with her hand. "I need some fresh air or else I'll faint!"

Stepping aside, Chanyeol watches her as she loudly groans at the sky. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"He has a headache so he's out on the other balcony." Putting her hands on her hips, she stretches her back. "Says he's getting too many visions, which I don't understand because I have 20/20. How much more do you need!?"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and walks over to her. "You should sit down somewhere inside."

"Oh, they're so loud! I don't want my baby to be born deaf because of them. Ugh, if Taehyung wasn't part of that stupid club, we wouldn't have to be here!" She narrows her eyes at him. "And what about you? Are you in love with flowers or something?"

"No."

"Then what're you doing out here staring at that garden? It's not even that pretty!"

"I'm thinking about leaving." 

"God, take me with you," Jinah says. "We can take my Mercedes."

"And what about your boyfriend?"

"Ugh, Minseok can buy him a new Lambo. I don't care! I just want to go home!" 

The sliding door behind them opens again, causing both of them to turn their heads around. 

"Boyfriend!"

Jinah gags. She doesn't know if it's because of her baby or because the situation just makes her want to gag. "Finally. Alright. Here he is, Baekhoon."

"Baekhyun."

He changed his hair. It's just black now. But he's still short. The cheeks are still soft, and he looks more mature (maybe it's just the jacket).

"Whatever." Jinah rubs her belly. If only Versace made clothes for pregnant women, she wouldn't be stuck wearing Gucci. "I'm going back inside. You're both bad for baby development!"

Huffing, she waves Baekhyun out of the way and goes back inside the house, yelling for Taehyung.

As soon as she leaves, Chanyeol kind of misses Jinah. At least she was a buffer. Now he's just stuck with whatever this is.

After a minute, Chanyeol decides he has to it up if he wants to get past the runt and get to the door. "Well, you look like you're doing good."

Baekhyun smiles. "Thanks!"

"Shouldn't you go back inside? There's a whole party in there for you," Chanyeol says flatly.

He's not trying to be rude... Just rude enough

"That's true! I'm happy everyone's here," Baekhyun replies, cocking his head. "But I feel like we have some unfinished business. As in, you know... You owing me an apology." 

Even though the latter was smiling, Chanyeol could see that it was beginning to falter. Hints of anger started coming up in Baekhyun's tone.

"Nothing's unfinished, Baekhyun." Glancing at the door, Chanyeol sighs, taking a step forward. "If you're not going back inside, then I will."

"If nothing's unfinished, why are you here?"

"Because I thought it might be nice to see you," Chanyeol briskly answered, "but I'm starting to regret it." 

Baekhyun looks hurt for a moment but recovers just in time to step over to the side, blocking the gangster's way. 

"Did you really think I wasn't going to try and corner you when I heard them say you were here?" Baekhyun purses his lips. In Chanyeol's opinion, he still hasn't changed (cute), but he quickly shoves the thought away. "You block my number, refuse any contact with me--won't even talk to our friends about me--and then you show up at this party just to tell me you're starting to regret it? What are you? An idiot?"

Yeah.

He kind of is.

 


a/n: okaaay bye xoxo whatever you think it is, it's not it

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz