The L Word (Loser)

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's just a gangster, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love him.

 


 

It's 1 a.m in the morning when Baekhyun wakes up from the sound of someone throwing something at his window. At first, he thought it was a ghost so he hid but when he realized that it was coming from outside, the brunet slowly peeked out the window.

It's Chanyeol.

"Open your front door."

Baekhyun only blinks at him, thinking that it's all still a dream. He did go to bed sad and all.

But the pebble being thrown against the window says otherwise.

Flustered and groggy, Baekhyun nods hesitantly before moving away from the window. It still feels like he's dreaming but he shuffles out of his bedroom anyways, trying to be as quiet as possible so his parents don't wake up.

Once he gets to the front door, he slowly opens it but stays behind it like he's hiding from the boy outside his house. "Do you want to come in?"

The giant nods. "Let's go up to your room."

Chanyeol's wearing shorts and a black hoodie with a cap. It looks like a last minute outfit but Baekhyun can't judge because he's in his own pajamas.

"Okay."

Baekhyun closes the door behind him before following Chanyeol up the stairs to his bedroom. He doesn't know what to think...

Maybe Chanyeol was there to break up with him? Or maybe... Fudge. Baekhyun doesn't know why the giant's there.

When they're finally alone, Chanyeol breaks the silence. "We need to talk."

Those 4 words... Jongdae always says that it's the tell-tale sign of something bad in a relationship.

Baekhyun's bottom lip quivers. "Okay..."

Chanyeol glances at the bed. He refuses to sit down but he points to it anyways, non-verbally telling Baekhyun to sit his down.

Which he does. Slowly.

Once the runt's sitting on the edge of his bed, Chanyeol crosses his arms together and stands over him. "Are you planning on breaking up with me next week?"

Baekhyun's jaw drops. "What? Who said that?"

"Are you?"

"No!" The way the runt says it makes Chanyeol believe him. "I'm not— Who told you that? Jinah?"

"No," Chanyeol lies but moves on fast enough that Baekhyun can't follow up. "Were you lying to me when you said that you were moving?"

"No—"

"But you're moving moving... Like, away from here. Somewhere that's not in Seoul—or even this school district."

Baekhyun purses his lips together and looks off. He doesn't want to look the giant in the eyes, but the boy has other plans.

Chanyeol gently forces him to look back up. "Be honest with me."

A few seconds pass. The silence lingers for longer than Chanyeol had anticipated but Baekhyun eventually answers. "I'm going to college in the States..." he said quietly. "I'm moving moving."

It was expected but Chanyeol still feels like he's being hit with a truck. "When...?"

"In a month..."

That's closer than Chanyeol wanted to hear. "So, all this time you wanted to be in a relationship, you were just going to move away without telling me."

"I was— I just didn't know how!" Baekhyun tries to stand up but Chanyeol sits him back down again. "Yeol—"

"Okay. Here's what's going to happen."

"But—"

"We're not breaking up." Chanyeol ignores the way Baekhyun looks surprised and forces him to sit still on the bed when he saw the runt trying to get up to hug him. "I'm not done talking."

Baekhyun sits with his hands together on his lap. "Okaaay."

"Another thing... Stop going to Junmyeon for anything. Are you dating him or me?" Baekhyun doesn't get the chance to answer. "Exactly."

"But Yeol--" Chanyeol moves to cover his runt's mouth, but Baekhyun moves his head just in time. "I haven't gone to Junmyeon's house since we tried to do the do!"

That's one thing that Chanyeol doesn't want to be reminded of, so he ignores it. "That's not what I mean by going to him. I meant, like, telling that spoiled moron things about you that I should know about first. Like...like what college you're going to."

"But I didn't--"

"And I don't need Jinah coming out of nowhere to rub that in my face." It hasn't gone over the gangster's head that its one in the morning, so he keeps his voice down. That doesn't stop the obvious fact that he's still upset. "So, just... , I don't know. Tell me things!"

Deeply sighing, Baekhyun stands up. When Chanyeol tries to put him down again for the third time, the brunet slaps the boy's hands away. "I didn't tell Junmyeonnie anything. I don't talk to him! Well, okay. Sometimes, but we don't talk about that stuff. Just things like snakes and cakes."

"He's not talking about animals and baking, you idiot--"

"That's not the point, dummy!" Baekhyun presses a finger against the gangster's chest. "I only told Jongdae about Cal Tech! Oh, that's where I'm going by the way."

Chanyeol feels stupid. Kind of. "Then how the hell did Junmyeon know?"

Baekhyun shrugs. "I don't know! How did you find out about it?"

"I--" 

. He can't say . Jongdae's party is supposed to be a ing secret.

"Junmyeon." 

It's better to blame him than the runt's friend. 

Frowning, Baekhyun his head. "Maybe he asked those college board friends of his!"

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol shakes his head. "I don't know. I don't want to talk about him anymore." He glances at the clock on Baekhyun's wall. "Listen, I just wanted to ing... apologize for leaving you at school."

"It's okay." The smile on Baekhyun's face is genuine but Chanyeol can still see itty bitty bits of sadness. "You said you had a thing so I just thought that--"

"I lied. I didn't have a thing."

"Oh..." The thought of the "thing" being that person makes Baekhyun slightly jealous. "Was it Jinah?"

"No, it wasn't." 

Honestly, Jinah.

"Then--"

"I was mad that you weren't being honest with me," Chanyeol interrupts him. "But... I shouldn't have left you by yourself. That's part of the reason why I came. I mean, I couldn't sleep because I kept picturing you getting lost on the way home or something ing stupid like that."

Nodding, Baekhyun quietly accepts the (fumbling) apology. "I'm sorry for not telling you. I was just scared and... confused." He pauses, looking away for a second before he locks eyes with the giant again. "Jongdae says that everyone breaks up in high school. Plus, long distance doesn't work and-- I don't know. He always says that type of stuff and you're my first boyfriend, so what do I know? That's what happens in all the books, too. Haven't you read Nicholas Sparks' things? They're--"

"Baekhyun." Heaving his shoulders, Chanyeol takes a step forward and pulls the brunet towards him by the hem of his pajama shirt until they're against each other in a loose hug. "Stop thinking about it."

"But I'll be--"

"You're ing moving, not dying... and like Skype exists, idiot." Good thing he's taller than his runt. It makes it easier to hide his face. "You never stop talking so I don't expect that to change. America has phones and internet, too, so you don't have an excuse not to call me."

 Chanyeol's voice is on the verge of wavering, but it could be because he's just tired...

Wrapping his arms around the gangster's waist, Baekhyun takes in a deep breath and exhales. They don't say anything to each other for a while before the giant pulls away just enough to place a kiss on his boyfriend's forehead... and then his cheek. 

It's only in that moment as Chanyeol inches closer to the boy's lips that he realizes that Baekhyun's eyes are wet.  

"Babe--"

But Baekhyun interrupts him with words that silence the world around them. 

"I love you." 

Chanyeol's left speechless. The feeling rushing through him is something that he can't describe, but he responds the best way he knows how. 

Grabbing Baekhyun's face between his hands, Chanyeol kisses him on the mouth as they fall together on the bed, waking up Salem who was sleeping on Baekhyun's pillow.

 


a/n: i told yall there would be pebbles!!

leave a vote and a comment! :p i had a day that i would consider yellow-orange

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz