Baby Come Back

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun puts himself in danger.


"What should I wear to the dinner?"

Chanyeol watches as the brunet rummages through his closet, tossing clothing here and there. "Who cares? It's just dinner."

"But Jongin said that Minseok's rich!"

"If you don't have any Versace or Moschino then don't bother! He won't be impressed!" the gangster says, rolling his eyes. Crossing his arms, Chanyeol continues to lean back against the wall, making himself comfortable on the latter's bed. "Just wear a sweater or something."

"What're you going to wear? Something... gentlemen-y?" Baekhyun teases, turning back to wink at him.

"I'm going to go dressed like this."

Shaking his head, Baekhyun objects. Walking over to his bed, he drops the clothes he had picked out on the floor, in front of the giant. "I want everyone to see how handsome you are and we can't do that if you look like a bum!"

"What? Are you embarrassed by me?"

"No! I like you a lot!" Baekhyun tells him, putting his hands to his hips. "I just want us to match and we can't match if you're not willing to make some compromises to my outfit choice."

"It's just dinner—"

Baekhyun frowns. "It's not JUST dinner. It's our first dinner as a couple!"

"We are not a—"

Chanyeol's words are cut off by a short 'clank!'...

Turning his head to the noise, Baekhyun faces the window. "Did you hear something?"

"Uh—"

Clank!

Furrowing his brows, Baekhyun makes a small gasp. "Someone's throwing rocks at my window!"

"What?" Chanyeol squints his eyes. It's already dark outside and the sun had gone down thirty minutes ago. Rocks being thrown at the window feels like a strange thing to happen out of no where.

When Baekhyun starts walking over to the glass frame, Chanyeol scrambles to his feet and follows behind him. Being much taller, he's able to see over the brunet's head and peer down at the Byun's front lawn.

Together they see Junmyeon standing outside the small gates of the house. Holding up his red UE Megaboom, he connects to the speaker via Bluetooth and begins playing "At The Beginning" by Donna Lewis and Richard Marx.

"What the is he—"

Baekhyun cuts him off by unlatching the lock and pushing the window open. "Junmyeonnie! What're you doing?"

Chanyeol glares at the back of Baekhyun's head.

Junmyeonnie? Why is he still Junmyeonnie?

"Baekhyun," Junmyeon starts out as the song picks up. "We were strangers... starting out on a journey."

Blushing, Baekhyun puts a hand to his mouth. "Never dreaming..."

"What we'd have to go through!" Junmyeon finishes.

"Now here we are—"

"And I'm suddenly standing!"

"At the beginning with you," they bought sing.

As the song continues on, Junmyeon breaks away, stepping forward with his arms wide open. "I shouldn't have let you go that easily, Baek. I didn't have my gang with me, so I didn't stand a chance but I should've fought harder for you—"

Chanyeol gently puts his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders and moves him aside. " off, Kim! He doesn't want you!"

Startled by Chanyeol's appearance, Junmyeon's left with little words to muster up. "What the hell, Park? What're you doing here?"

"What're you doing doing here!?"

"I asked you!"

"I'm with my boy—!"

Baekhyun looks at him. "What's a boy ?"

Chanyeol groans, shaking his head. "Ugh, never mind. It's nothing— and don't say that word. You shouldn't cuss."

"But you said—"

Junmyeon makes his UE Megaboom louder. "Baek, remember all those times you told me that Park Chanyeol is a big, stupid idiot? And that you never wanted to see him ever again?"

This time, it's Chanyeol looking over at Baekhyun whose face gives away how mortified he is. "When was this, huh?"

"Oh! I said that because I was—"

But Junmyeon's not done. "Or how you'd rather give your ity to me than that jerk?"

Baekhyun turns red. Sticking his head out the window, he whines. "Junmyeonnie, shush! The whole neighborhood can hear you!"

"Baby, I just want the whole world to know I want you back and that I can wait! If you don't want to do the just yet, then that's okay!"

"Myeonnie—"

"I can wait another week!"

Chanyeol's had enough of the begging ex-boyfriend. He pulls Baekhyun back and shuts the window just as the song's chorus hit.

Baekhyun looks flustered and it's possibly the first time Chanyeol has ever seen him like this.

"I didn't say that!" the runt starts. "I mean, I was mad at you and everything but only because of prom! And we didn't do anything, because I still have the ity! We didn't even kiss, Yeol!"

"Junmyeon seems to say otherwise—"

"He's just confused and heart broken," Baekhyun says, grabbing onto the hem of Chanyeol's shirt. "I'll go down and talk to him. You can stay here."

"I'm coming with you."

"Huh? Why?"

"Uhhh." Chanyeol realizes that trying to come up with excuses is harder than he initially thought. "I wanna make sure he gets the message loud and clear this time. Even if I have to beat him up."

"No, no, no." Putting a hand on the giant's chest, Baekhyun pleads with him. "You can't. He's a model so he'll need his good looks to be employed!"

"Why do you care so much about him?" Chanyeol demands to know. "He's an annoying snob, not to mention an ex-boyfriend. Why're you taking his side?"

Protesting, Baekhyun pushes the gangster back, enough to stop him from taking another step towards the door. "I'm not taking his side. I just don't want you two to fight and ruin my mom's flowers!"

Going silent for a few seconds, Chanyeol glances back at the window before rolling his eyes. "I get it. You got feeling for that dumb ."

"Hey, that's not nice! And no, I don't. I like you and only you, but my mom's flowers took a really long time to grow, so stay in my room!"

"Baekhyun—"

"Please?" Standing in his toes, Baekhyun plants a quick kiss on Chanyeol's cheek, barely missing his lips (on purpose). "Stop being a jealous bean."

Chanyeol growls. "I'm ing not."

Smiling, Baekhyun hugs him. His head barely tucks under Chanyeol's chin. "I'll be back. I won't let him steal me away, so you have nothing to worry about."


Won't let him steal me away, he says.

Stay in my room, he says.

It's there in Baekhyun's room that Chanyeol's left staring out the window as Junmyeon picks up his boy , tosses him over his shoulder, and starts half-jogging away from the property.

He doesn't get very far since Baekhyun's thrashing around and hitting all of his sensitive pressure points behind the neck (all thanks to his self defense training), but it's the last time Chanyeol will ever listen to the runt's orders.


A/N: hMMm!!! I wonder what will happen @ the dinner

Leave me a comment!! Tell me a funny story tbh

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )