Walk on Memories

Think About It

Summary:  Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun is his favorite [ blank ].

 


Chanyeol set the box of CDs and video games down on the floor.

Then he gives the runt—who's sitting on the edge of his bed all grumpy and — a look.

"Okay. What's wrong?"

"Huh?"

"You've been looking upset since—" The gangster checks his watch. "Since you got out of the truck 20 minutes ago. What happened?"

Baekhyun doesn't even look at him. He only clenches his hands together before shrugging. "I don't — Nothing. I'm fine."

But he's not fine.

And he hates lying.

Fudge it—

"Rin called you, like, 2 times." The runt pauses. "And she left you a voice mail."

"It's probably work-related."

"Yeah."

The look on the runt's face doesn't say "yeah"...

It says "ok".

Which isn't really ok.

Sighing, Chanyeol kneels down in front of the bed until they're both at eye-level with each other. "I already broke it off, but she's still the receptionist at my workplace. I can't do anything about that."

"It's not that," Baekhyun replies, heaving his shoulders. "I'm just, you know! My star sign says I get a little too focused on problems and everything so it's hard for me to let go of things immediately. I mean, there's the saying that 'sharing is caring' and all, but I don't care and I don't like sharing. So, like, I get really bummed thinking about other people with you and you with other people and me with other people and us being with other people and--"

"Babe--"

But Baekhyun ignores him. "And to be honest, I'm still bummed about how much time we lost. I mean, 6 months is nothing compared to our whole entire lives, but Yeol, we missed out on a lot of skypies."

"I know." Before Baekhyun can cut him off again, Chanyeol covers his mouth. "Did you actually think I was happy imagining you with other guys? Even if I thought you'd be better off?"

Since he couldn't answer, Baekhyun just nods.

"I hated it... But you went on dates with other guys during these last six months anyways, right? Rin's not any different. They're both over." Chanyeol looks behind him and points at the boxes around the room. "See all this? Think of it like I'm throwing away all of my old and keeping the things that I want around... I ed up. And I'm not trying to forget the fact that I did. I just want to start making..."

He pauses.

Because he's really ing embarrassed and it's embarrassing to say and--

Goddamn it.

The pause gets too long.

"Babies?" Baekhyun says, filling in the silence—

Which doesn't help because it makes the gangster even more flustered than he was before, so he decides to just bite the ing bullet and say it.

"No, you idiot. "

ing hell.

"Memories..." Chanyeol moves a few pieces of hair away from the latter's face. "I want us to make new memories— Whether that's in this room or just, I don't know. Picking you up from Yonsei for the weekend. Stuff like that."

Baekhyun gasps. "You're going to pick me up from Yonsei?"

"Well, who else is going to pick you up from school but me?"

Leaning forward, Baekhyun plants a quick kiss on the corner of the gangster's mouth. "Anyone can, but I want it to be you," he whispers. "You're my favorite person. That's why."

"I know." Damn. "You're mine, too."

Chanyeol intentionally interrupts the latter because it's getting too hard to maintain eye contact and other .

.

"Let's finish unloading my things so we can return the truck. We can stop by the convenience store on our way back here."

"For Melona?"

"Yep!"

"I figured."

Chanyeol rolls his eyes but he doesn't mean anything. At least, not this time.

 


A/n: good night !!!! Tell me smthn interesting