Midnight Melona

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and he's just one phone call away.

 


It's almost 12 a.m and Chanyeol knows he should go to bed soon, but he still needs to finish his gift before BMW boy's little party on Saturday. He's almost done, but the mechanics of it all need to be better...

He sighs, setting down the tiny screw driver on his desk at the same time his phone starts buzzing. Looking over, he sees the runt's name and picks up immediately. 

"What's wrong?" It's unusual for Baekhyun to be up so late since he sleeps around 10:30 p.m at the latest.

"I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"I don't know... I think I'm just sad." Baekhyun pauses for a while. "Salem's sleeping next to me so I have to be quiet."

"Why're you sad? Do you want me to come by?"

The line goes silent for a while but Chanyeol just figures that the runt's thinking about it...

"It's okay. I think it hit me again that I'm moving and I won't see you anymore."

Chanyeol clenches his jaw. As if that stupid runt's the only one thinking about that fact.

Yet, he calms himself. There's no point getting mad just because he's upset about the inevitable... especially when the brunet's already upset about it, himself.

"We're still going to video call, idiot..." Chanyeol stares at the mess on his desk. "We have the schedule. You'll call me after your classes are over and whatever."

"I know..." Baekhyun pauses. "But, like, what if that's not enough? Jongdae says he has a cousin who had a friend that went away for a long time and his boyfriend ended up dating someone new while he was gone-sies..."

"I'm not going to find someone new while you're gone-sies, stupid."

All of the little bolts to the instruments mechanics need to be put away... Chanyeol decides he'll just work on the gift some other time.

He gets up from his desk and walks over to his closet, picking out a gray hoodie.

"I mean, I'm not saying you can't, but that's not what a good boyfriend would do," Baekhyun slightly warns. "That's like, rule one. You can't have two boyfriends at once."

"You're such a hypocrite," Chanyeol says, snorting. He looks back at his desk and grabs his house keys and motorbike helmet. "Says the one who was dating Kim Junmyeon the same time he was already dating me. That wasn't very 'good boyfriend' of you."

"I never claimed that I was, so it's not hypocritical."

Chanyeol shakes his head. "And what makes you think I'm a good boyfriend?"

Quietly leaving his room, Chanyeol closes the door behind him and walks over to the front door. He slips on his shoes before heading out.

It's cold, but it's bearable. Chanyeol makes his way down the stairs and to the parking lot where he parked his motorcycle the day before.

"Because..." There's a very short pause, but from the sound of Baekhyun's voice, Chanyeol can tell he's trying to keep himself together. 

It doesn't really work, though.

"Because you know I like Melona... and a good boyfriend would know that."

Chanyeol throws one leg over the bike and settles down on the seat once he manages to balance himself. He puts the keys into the ignition and kicks up the stand.

"Open your front door in 10 minutes."

Rather than ask questions, Baekhyun accepts it as it is.

"Okay."

He ends up asking one question anyways.

"Are we having a sleepover, Yeol?"

"Kind of," Chanyeol answers. "I'll text you when I get there. See you in a bit. Don't accidentally fall asleep, got it?"

Baekhyun hums. "Okaaay. I won't. I'll see you soon." In the last second, he adds, "I love you. Lots."

The words send a spark of warm though Chanyeol's body. He's still not used to it, but...

"Love you, too, runt."

"Bye..."

"Bye."

 

 


A/n: good night ! I'm so tired af

Leave a vote and a comment! Lemme know if you have a bad ex story!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz