Soft Hours Open

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun loves Park Chanyeol.

 


Sehun snores. And he's sleeping in between them. Oblivious.

And Chanyeol knows the runt isn't sleeping because he doesn't hear that annoying soft breathing he knows to expect whenever—

ing hell.

"Are you going to sleep or not?" Chanyeol whispers—angrily.

Not that he's actually angry. He just wants the runt to go to bed so they can both stop staring at the tent ceiling in ing silence (minus Sehun snoring).

"I'm just lying here, breathing."

"It's annoying."

"You're annoying."

Chanyeol freezes.

He's not used to Baekhyun saying that to him... or calling him annoying. The runt didn't even sound like he was trying to be ironic. It sounded like he meant it.

Which makes Chanyeol frown even more.

"What the hell did you just say?"

"I said," Baekhyun replies— in a weirdly calm voice, "you're annoying."

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol scoffs. "You should watch your mouth, runt."

"What're you going to do? Kiss it?" Puckering his lips, Baekhyun makes kissy noises. "I wouldn't mind."

It wakes Sehun up for a second but then he decides to knock back out. A broken heart will do that.

Wanting to be left alone in ing peace, Chanyeol sits up and turns to his right, glaring past Sehun and straight at the runt.

"Why couldn't you have just gotten some new American boyfriend and ing moved on like I wanted you to?" Chanyeol growls. He wants to yell but they're in a tent and Sehun's dead asleep. "Why the do you have to make so complicated?"

Baekhyun doesn't say anything

"We tried the long-distance thing and it didn't work. You're better off with—"

"I lied," Baekhyun says, quietly interrupting the gangster even though they weren't being loud to begin with— since Sehun was sleeping. "Well, I didn't lie lie. I didn't do the dirty with Jon."

This time, it's Chanyeol who doesn't say anything.

"I did date someone else, though." Baekhyun pauses. "And he was an engineer. Third year. Really smart—funny, too! I think you would've liked him."

Fat ing chance.

"He was really nice, like all the time! He always held the door, dropped me off, said good-night..."

"The prick sounds perfect." Chanyeol tried to sound happy but he can't help that he sounds sarcastic and disgusted, which he ing is— Still, he knows that's just his automatic response to everything gag-worthy. "What the hell are you doing here then—"

Baekhyun groans just thinking about it. "Because he was... just... so... annoying!"

It leaves Chanyeol confused.

"He was too nice— all the time! Always complimented me, wanted to talk about school and his internship. I was bored out of my mind! And the worst part? He didn't even watch Hell's Kitchen— or want to!" There's a deep... long sigh... and it's coming from Baekhyun's side of the tent. "It only made me miss you more. And we never finished Hell's Kitchen, too. I forgot what episode we stopped at.

"Season 12, ."

"But still!"

Chanyeol grunts, kicking off his sleeping bag. "Whatever. It sounds like you're just confused on what you want."

"No, you sound like you're confused!" Baekhyun throws back. Then, he sits up until, eventually, they're staring off at each other with Sehun sleeping in between them. "What do you want, Yeol? Do you really want me to disappear? Like the... The lost hiker man? Or in Boys Over Flowers when Junpyo lost his memory and forgot all about Geum Jandi?"

"No—"

"Or in that movie with Channing Tatum when Rachel McAdams lost her memory and forgot they were married and—"

"Babe."

Baekhyun stops immediately— He's caught off guard.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, doesn't seem as fazed. "Shut up."

"You said babe." Baekhyun points a finger at him. "BABE."

"Because it was the only way to get you to shut up."

This ing tent is too small for all 3 of them. God, would anybody ing notice if he just left in the middle of the night?

.

Annoyed, Chanyeol runs a hand through his hair. "Listen, runt. Fine. I still ing..."

He can't say it.

I'm still...

ing hell.

I like you...?

Chanyeol can't even ing begin.

So he starts over.

"I still think you're annoying." And yet he doesn't really mean it at all. "You need to stop calling those nerdy boyfriends of yours ing 'boring' and appreciate the fact that they ing put up with you."

"But they're boring compared to you... Even if it is long-distance for now." Baekhyun reaches over Sehun's dead asleep body and touches the gangster's hand. "I like dangerous boys, you know. The kind who are like vroom-vroom 'put on your helmet, stupid! We're going on a date!' type of guy."

"I'm sure there's one in Bakersfield or wherever you live."

California boys or whatever. The rich kind. The kind that drive around in BMWs their parents paid for and listened to Drake type of boy music.

Ugh.

But even the thought of that makes Chanyeol wanna vomit.

Drake ing .

Baekhyun purses his lips and sighs. Then he gets out of his sleeping bag and crawls over Sehun who he rolls over to the other side of the tent, effectively taking his spot next to Chanyeol.

And there's no where else to go for the gangster. He's basically stuck.

But for once, he doesn't feel like he has any problem with it.

At all.

"Sure. There probably are boys in Bakersfield who vroom-vroom and wanna go on dates with me," Baekhyun flatly says, eyes locked on the gangster. "But I don't love them."

"Maybe you should," Chanyeol replies, trying to move away but Baekhyun only scoots closer.

"Or maybe you should shut up and apologize to me already so I can give you permission to kiss me."

"Who said I wanted to kiss you?"

"Do you not?" Baekhyun whispers.

Chanyeol glares.

No comment on that.

"I'm just saying—"

"Anyways," Baekhyun says, cutting the gangster off. He ignores the face that Chanyeol makes and decides to cup his (ex?) boyfriend's face with both hands. Then he takes a deep breath. "I love you."

"Can you ing—"

"I said... I love you, Park Chanyeol—"

Clenching his jaw, Chanyeol finds himself frozen. It's like he doesn't wanna move away from the little runt's grubby little (warm) hands.

ing hell.

"I heard you the first time—"

Baekhyun's persistent. "Then say it back."

"Babe."

 


A/N: I cut out the rest of the things I wrote bc it was getting to long with no end in SIGHT! So enjoy this awkwardly cut ending. Consider this chapter part 1 lol part 2 coming soon

Leave a vote and a comment on this dialogue-filled chapter bc I EUHUEH