Papaya Bye

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol says good-bye.

 


Chanyeol's never been to the airport before, but he's there to send Baekhyun off.

(Baekhyun's mom gives them a little privacy by telling Baekhyun that she's going through security first.)

"Thanks for being here," Baekhyun says. He's trying to keep his voice light and lively but it fails halfway through. "Call me, like... every day until the program starts. And video call me, or else I'll break up with you—but I don't want that, so call me! Got it?"

Sighing, Chanyeol nods, pulling the brunet in for a hug— togghter than the ones he usually gives. "I know, I know. We've gone over the plan before."

Baekhyun grimaces when he feels lips pressed against his forehead. "I just don't want to forget your voice, dummy."

"You won't... If you do, I'll—"

"Kick my . I know."

.

Chanyeol turns his head up to the ceiling. He can feel his stupid ing eyes getting all wet and . Goddamn it.

it up, Chanyeol grits his teeth, trying to keep himself from feeling any more of whatever he's feeling— sadness or some .

"I love you, Chanyeol. I mean that, too." The runt's voice is so soft and small that the gangster's not sure if he's even meant to hear it at all... "Don't forget the schedule, okay? Your music box can only make me feel happy for so long, you know."

"It'll be fine."

"Okay. Positive thoughts, so, yeah. It will be fine." Bakehyun pulls away, just enough to look up at the gangster with ease. "I'll see you when I come back for summer break... Hopefully it'll work out, but I'm sure it will. Maybe Christmas. I don't really know yet for sure, but we'll be okay. Pinky swears are forever. Duh!"

Standing on his toes, Baekhyun presses his lips softly against Chanyeol's, and it lingers for a few moments before slowly pulling  back...

"You're the best gangster I've ever met."

"And you're the most annoying Papaya Prince I know."

Baekhyun grins. "Ah, but the villager loves me. Everyone in the Papaya Kingdom knows that! Even the  audience!"

Chanyeol snorts...

But it's true.

The villager does love the Papaya Prince.

And everyone knows it.

So, he leans forward and kisses him again— like one of those airport scenes in movies. Something cute but also needy. Just enough to make sure that Baekhyun will last a whole year without him.

It leaves Baekhyun breathless and in a daze until the airport intercom starts making announcements again... Snapping out of it, he purses his lips and gives Chanyeol one last hug.

"Bye, Yeol..."

Sighing, Chanyeol wraps his arms around the runts body, resting his cheek against the latter's head. "I'll see you soon, runt."

 


A/N:  spicy, coming right up!

Leave a vote and a comment!!! We're about 10-15 chapters from the end but this is just a guestimation!

Ps: follow my art insta :) @.StarBaekx

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz