Call Me Gangster

Think About It

Baekhyun isn't a gangster, but he's sure as hell going to try if that it's how Chanyeol likes his boyfriends to be.

-

-


The next day at school, Baekhyun arrives with his hair slicked back, wearing a black leather jacket, converse, ripped jeans, and a lollipop in his mouth. It's the most ridiculous thing Chanyeol has ever seen, but he tries to ignore Baekhyun anyways, even as the small male skips towards him like the bubble gum prince that he is.

"Hi, Chanyeol!"

Without even saying anything, Chanyeol rolls his eyes and turns his back, but Baekhyun catches up to him anyway.

"Are you going up to the roof again?"

"That's none of your business."

"Ah..." Baekhyun nods. "I forgot gangsters don't go to class."

Glancing down at the annoying boy who's trying his hardest to keep up, Chanyeol scowls. "What the hell are you going on about now?"

"Do you like my outfit? I'm a gangster now! Like you!"

"You look ing stupid," Chanyeol mutters. He kind of doesn't want to admit how cute the latter looked because that was only going to encourage the pipsqueak to continue talking.

But then again, he should've known that Baekhyun was going to keep talking whether or not he told him anything about his appearance.

"I wanted to impress you. You don't like it?"

"No, I really don't."

"Mmmm, but I spent a lot of money on it," Baekhyun says, looking down at his outfit. He starts to on the lollipop a little harder.

It's clear that Baekhyun's only pretending to look hurt and sad, but Chanyeol's too quick to really fall for it. He tries to tell himself that the slurping noises Baekhyun's making with his lollipop and saliva combined is gross and annoying.

"Leave me alone, runt."

"But--"


"Honestly, why don't you go bother your prom date? The guy whose daddy owns that BMW car dealership? Where's he at anyways?"

Chanyeol sounds a lot more angry than how he actually wants to sound, but it wasn't like it was going to deter Baekhyun from stopping.

"Oh, you mean Jongdae?" He hums, smiling at the tall giant, as mischievous as could be. "Well, he's going to be taking me to get ice cream after school... Unless you have something else you want to do. I could cancel."

"Gangsters don't go on ice cream dates."

Immediately, Baekhyun frowns. "Yeah, you do."

"No, we don't."

"You don't like ice cream?"

"That's beside the point," Chanyeol mutters as he reaches the stairwell leading up to the roof--just as Baekhyun guessed. "Quit following me around and go home. Take off that stupid jacket and your stupid bandana. You don't even know the first thing about being a rule breaker."

Instantly. Baekhyun perks up. He grabs Chanyeol by the hand, which surprises the giant enough for him to stop and turn his body fully towards the brunet. "Introduce me to your members!"

"What?"

"Your gang friends."

"You're so--"

"I can prove to you that I'm what you call ride or die!" Baekhyun tells him, probably unaware of what the term actually meant.

"Baekhyun." It's the first time he actually really says Baekhyun's name without sounding sarcastic or purposely butchering it. It doesn't go unnoticed either. The smile on the runt's face makes Chanyeol's lips twitch... kind of. "Stop playing around."

"I'm not. Watch. I can pass your gang exams. I'm ranked number five in the class!"

Chanyeol doesn't bother letting him know that class ranking doesn't mean jack in his world... Then, a thought comes to him.

If he lets Baekhyun meet his actual friends... maybe he can scare the idiot away. It seems far-fetched, but what the hell. He kinda wants to see Baekhyun scared less anyways.

A few seconds pass before Chanyeol groans. "Come on then."

Baekhyun gasps. "I can follow you up the roof? Wooow."

"Just shut up and follow me."

"Oooh, okay!" Baekhyun's a little more cheerful than he should be. "What're we doing up there?"

"We're going to your first initiation." Chanyeol answers. "You're going to fight someone."

Blinking, Baekhyun his head at him. "Like put my hand on their face? That kind of fight?"

"Yeah."

For a second, he thinks that he finally got the latter to shut up. But, much to his surprise, Baekhyun doesn't.

"Okay! Who am I fighting?"

Chanyeol looks at him. "Me.

- - - - - - - - -

twitter
ko-fi (if you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! ヽ( ̄~ ̄ )ノ )